‹ Prequel: Bulletproof Loneliness
Status: I'm a pretty slow updater, comments do make me update quicker!

Scars Won't Tear Us Apart

Chapter Five - Owen

Owen was nervous when his Dad said that he wanted to talk to everyone as a group. He knew that it must have been about the results from the doctors appointment. Even though he wanted to know what was said, he was still scared that it was something serious. And the tone in his Dad's voice was making the assumption more real.

He wrung his hands together nervously, ignoring the pain that the repeated movement created. Damon put his arm around his shoulders in a comforting manner, but it did little to ease the growing anxiety in Owen's gut.

Owen couldn't help but watch his Dad as they all waited. He seemed pale and drawn in, but that could have been because Owen was looking for something wrong. He smiled at something that Leana said, but the gesture was weak and strained looking.

Johnny was the last to arrive, as always, and after he sat down, the room fell silent, waiting for the announcement. Slowly, Owen's Dad stood up and looked around the room. “I'm sure you're all aware that I haven't been feeling myself lately” he started, followed by sounds of agreement throughout the room. “I don't really know how to put this lightly, so I'll just say it. I've got a problem with my heart”

There was sounds of exclamation throughout the room. Owen felt shaken to his very core, as he was sure that most of, if not all of, the others in the room felt the same. “What the hell Jim?” Matt said, “I thought you said it was only a stomach ache?”

“I might have been downplaying it a little because I didn't want everyone to worry about me” he whispered in reply.

“I had a feeling that it was worse than you were making out” Leana said quietly, “You could barely sleep some nights”

Owen's Dad looked around the room guiltily. “I just knew how worried I would be if it were someone in this room, so I didn't want you all to panic”

“Well you fucking failed there dude” Johnny grumbled, “You should have gotten it sorted out sooner”

“For once, Short Shits right” Brian sighed.

“What exactly is wrong?” Damon piped up.

“Good point” Matt answered, “What is wrong?”

“It called cardiomegaly or something. It means my heart is too big” Owen's Dad explained, “The stomach pains could be a build up of fluid, so I need to go back to the doctor if it hasn't calmed down by the end of the week. I might need surgery”

“Jimmy, you're fucking dumb sometimes” Zacky said angrily, “Couldn't you have just gone to the doctor when it all started and then we wouldn't all be here worrying like this?!”

***

The rest of the guys stayed for another hour or so, then they left, leaving just Owen, Damon and Leana. Leana looked slightly dazed, and Owen felt the same.

“I'm going to get a drink” his Dad muttered, standing up and starting to walk towards the kitchen. He looked exhausted.

Owen exchanged a nervous look with Leana before they heard a crash coming fro the kitchen. Everyone leapt to their feet and half ran towards the room. Owen's Dad was lying in the middle of the floor, unmoving.

“Jimmy!” Leana screeched, throwing herself down next to him.

Owen quickly joined her, searching for a pulse. He found one, but it seemed weak. He moved out the way so Damon could have a look, his first aid training would come in handy about now.

“There's a pulse, but he needs an ambulance” Damn said, moving him into a recovery position.

Leana called the ambulance, talking slightly hysterically. “They'll be here in about ten minutes” she said shakily. The she moaned in distress and looked at her husband as he lay on the floor. “You better be okay James” she said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this took so long
I've had serious writers block for this story
Thank you Aightball, andrea weekes and Reverse-This-Curse for commenting
Any predictions??