Status: Story has been Abandoned

Dead Chronicles: Lost Files

Lisa's Diary

Hi my name is Lisa Powell, my dad said it would be nice for me to write a diary or something to help me get through the day. It’s been about three days since those things started attacking us. Mom still hasn’t come home, dad doesn’t wanna talk about it he just keeps telling me she is safe and will be home soon. Tommy still isn’t doing well; when we got attacked Mrs. Gralla next door bit his arm we didn’t know that she was one of those things. We managed to get in the house and block up the doors but we’ve been stuck here since and they just keep coming. Dad said we have enough food to last us a while but I don’t think he’s telling me the truth. I’ll keep writing but now it’s dark and those things are still out there I hope I can sleep tonight.

The power went out sometime this morning. Dad said the food in the fridge will spoil soon but we have some things in the pantry and all to eat. Dad says The stove and water heater still works, that they are powered by gas and we should have plenty to last us a while. Tommy still hasn’t gotten better he has a fever and can barely eat or drink anything. Dad seems worried about it. One of those things tried breaking in the door last night dad said but he blocked it off with the table, there seems to be more of them out there now. Well ima go help dad with food and tommy I just hope someone comes to help us soon
They broke in last night; one of them broke out a window in the living room and crawled in. We closed off the living room with the fridge since it was the biggest thing we had and it seems to be holding them right now but dad doesn’t know how long it will hold. We are packing up most of the supplies and moving up stairs, dad thinks that we can go up there and destroy the steps so that they can’t get up to us he doesn’t think they can climb up to us. Tommy is getting worse, his arm looks really infected and he’s having trouble breathing. Dad says he’s getting better but I think he’s just trying to keep me from worrying.
I’m alone now. It’s been two days since we moved up the stairs when we finished moving up the stairs that night I woke up and saw dad leaning over tommy, he was doing CPR but it seemed to not be doing anything. Then suddenly tommy jumped up and started biting dad in the neck. Dad fought him off and managed to throw him out the window. When I started to walking towards dad he told me to stay back, he said something about that when you get bit you die and turn to one of them. He to*ink smeared*. He then walked to the window a *ink smeared* tommy and dad are go*ink smeared* what w*ink smeared* im afra *water caused ink too become illegible*
It’s been 4 days since tommy and dad died. I can see tommy around outside and I can’t see dad anymore. I still have plenty of food left but I haven’t seen or heard anyone for days. The radio hasn’t picked up any stations and the batteries finally died. Only use I got was dropping it on one of their heads. They seem endless and keep coming; I just hope someone comes soon.

Finally someone came and saved me. I woke up to gunshots this morning and when I went and looked out the window I saw a dump truck with people in the back of it. The things keep crowding them but it didn’t look like it stopped them from driving through. I leaned out the window and hollered and waved my arms to get them to me. One saw and pointed at me and they started to drive to me. I quickly ran and grabbed as much food in a bag as I could and when I got to the window they were under the porch roof. They told me to jump down off the roof, I climbed out and tossed them the food bag, and them jumped off. It was high but one of them caught me, he was kinda cute his name is James he is the leader. There are 4 other people, April who use to be a police officer, Tony who use to work in construction he was driving, Fred who was a teacher, and then there was Annie I know her from the restaurant in town. I was happy that I was finally with someone else. I wasn’t alone anymore *ink smear* n finally rest.

We have been driving for a day now we are somewhere in the top Florida, James said we were traveling to the bottom of Florida to the docks. He said we were going to get a boat and sail to the islands in the Bahamas, that there may be a chance of no infection that the islands were too isolated to cause, Fred was skeptical but James said even if there were infected that the population would be so small we could possibly make it safe, we have been stopping and collecting supplies where we can. We even found a small boy little younger than tommy was in one of the stores his name is Billy. We took him with us he hasn’t left my side since we found him. I don’t mind it reminds me of tommy and at least I can help him like everyone helped me. I told James I wanted to leave this so someone can possibly use the information out of it, he said it was a good idea and helped me with some information as well as the others. James said that they only die by a bullet or damage to the brain or head. He said that the infection can vary from person to person about how long it can take to kill and turn you. April said they mainly track by sound they go towards a noise faster than if you move around them. She also said that you can protect yourself with some decent gear like sports equipment they can’t bit through it or leather she said. We are leaving a map with the docks marked and areas we will leave makers and items to help people with. We will leave some food and supplies to help people get there, Fred said that most of the vehicles can run and has gas in them. We will try to keep roads leading to the stops clear. If you use vehicle it will only take you a few hours to get there but if you walk it will take longer we will leave points for you to rest at. If you find this leave it for the rest to use, share some supplies if you have some or leave some of the next, I hope to see you if you follow us if not good luck and be careful, as James said “we are no longer distinguished by race, sex, religion or background, but we are now two groups, Human and Infected. We need to work together to survive, to live, this is our land and our right to live so help each other and hope to see you soon.