Status: Whisper words of wisdom, Let it be. (:

Left Behind

Stubborn

CARTER

I told Aliyah and Casey everything. I told them how my parents left me, how I’d been living in the alley with Lucy, everything. They just sat on the bed staring at me with their mouths agape. Casey even looked on the verge of tears.

“Oh God, that’s so sad,” Aliyah said. “You should have told me this a long time ago. My mom and I would be more than happy to keep you here and help you out.”

“Are you sure, because I don’t want to be a burden…”

“I promise,” she ensured.

“I had no clue,” Casey added. “Are you gonna be okay with… all that’s happened? Because if you need anyone to talk to, you can talk to me. I lost my bestfriend once in third grade. She moved though, but I never saw her again so I guess that counts.”

“Will you shut up, Casey?” Aliyah snapped.

“Thanks Casey,” I said. “I’ll keep that in mind.”

Aliyah rolled her eyes at Casey. “We have a guest room where you can stay. It’s right down the hall, but I can show you in a few. Wanna go to Wal-Mart later and pick up a couple things, toothbrush?"

“Please. And can we please keep this in between the three of us?”

“Of course.”

“God, I can’t believe you and Lucy stole Bryce’s dad’s wallet,” Aliyah said sounding completely amazed.

“That’s some pretty confidential shit,” Casey laughed. “And I can’t believe you actually were gonna jump off of a bridge. Honestly, I wouldn’t have told anyone that.”

“I know. This is the first time I ever talked about it. Lucy didn’t even know,” I managed. “But it feels good to actually get it off of my chest.”

“So… what you’re saying is that Bryce doesn’t even remember that it was you?”

“Nope. At least I hope not.”

Aliyah glanced over to me. “Hey do you like him by any chance? There are tons of rumors going around that you caused Kristen and him to break up.” Casey shot Aliyah a strange look.

“Nah, we’re barely friends. Kristen was just jealous of me for some weird reason. Like there’s even a reason.”

“Oh okay. Just wondering.”

"Okay?"

***

Casey, Aliyah, and I walked around Wal-Mart picking up different things. I felt bad because I didn’t want her spending her money on me, but she insisted. “Hey Carter, I have to go get some lady items. You need some?”

“Not at all,” I said smiling.

“Are you kidding me? You’re so lucky,” Casey said.

“I know. I’ll go to get some lotion and toothpaste and stuff.” I walked off and into the lotion and body wash aisle. I was having a hard time choosing between Dove and Dial, but in the end the dove bottle was more attractive to me.

“Carter?”

I turned around to see Bryce smiling at me with his arms folded. “What are you doing at Wal-Mart this late?” It was only eleven o’ clock.

“Picking up a few things,” I said bluntly.

“Oh, I am too. I like to come when no one’s here and the lines are shorter,” he chuckled.

“Smart.”

He walked over to where he was standing in front of me with his shoulder leaning on the shelf. “Carter, What’s wrong?”

“Nothing.”

“No, tell me what’s wrong. Have you been crying?”

I shrugged and walked down the aisle towards the lotion. Of course being the person he is, Bryce followed me. “Are you gonna tell me?”

“No, Bryce. Leave me alone, please.” I was purposely trying to forget about what happened. I had cried my eyes out earlier and I didn’t want to do it again, but it was almost impossible with him nagging me about it.

“I know what happened, Carter. Casey told me.”

“What?”

“I know about Lucy, and if you need somebody to talk to you can talk to me.”

I could already feel my eyes begin to water. I didn’t understand why bad things always happened to me. “I don’t need to talk to you,” I said.

He walked over to me and pulled me into a hug which I hadn’t expected. I'm not going to lie; it felt good to be in that position. The only hugs I’ve ever gotten were from Lucy anyway, and it brought back the memories again. “You don’t need to be so stubborn.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Short... I know :/

I just needed to post, I guess. Feeling kind of guilty over here from being M.I.A.

I actually DO find comments motivational... If you guys were wondering...

Thanks for subscribing, recommending, and for the comment that I got from the last update! I really appreciate it! <333

Please tell me what you think! I have a lot of silent readers...