Status: Whisper words of wisdom, Let it be. (:

Left Behind

I Don't Get Around Much

CARTER

“Wait!” That same familiar voice with the same familiar word escaping from it. “Hey, Carter, wait up!” I turned around to see Bryce jogging towards me. I stopped and waited as he got closer and then was standing next to me on the sidewalk.

“Where’s your booksack?” he asked confused.

“I didn’t bring one,” I replied. “Don’t ask.”

“I won’t,” he said looking around. “But, Carter, do I know you from somewhere?” Yes. You saved my life a couple of months ago. You don’t remember?

“Nah, I don’t think so,” I lied. “Why?”

He shrugged. “I don’t know. You look extremely familiar. Like, I'm supposed to know you or something.”

“I doubt you know me,” I said. “I don’t get around much.”

“Oh.” He rubbed his hands together. “Well, why were you staring at me in class today?”

I started to walk again, but he followed closely behind. “Well, I could’ve sworn that when I looked at you, you were already staring at me first. I could be trippin’, though.”

“Oh, yeah… Hey, well do you want a ride? I could bring you home so you won’t have to walk, or something. Grab a bite to eat… I don’t know.”

“No thanks, I like to take the bus home,” I said.

“Well, c’mon, let’s eat or something,” he said smiling. “I promise you can take the bus, still, if you want..”

“Okay, but bring me to the bus stop afterwards.” He agreed, so we walked to the car and I got into the passenger side. I buckled my seatbelt and smiled a little thinking about what he had told me the last time I buckled my seatbelt in his car.

“What?” he asked curiously.

“Just thought about something funny,” I replied.

He clicked on the radio and blasted an obnoxious rap song. Before asking, my hand met the power button and the music disappeared into the thin air. “Excuse me, but the last time I checked, this was my car.”

“I know, but I would rather silence,” I explained.

He shot me a quick look that said ‘what the hell did you just say’. “Oh? And why is that?”

“I’m just used to it, I guess. It’s peaceful.”

“Oh okay,” he said watching the road closely. “I’ve never met anyone that would rather listen to the air,” he said in a sarcastic tone.

“I bet you have. You probably just don’t remember.”

“Well just one person. But it’s impossible that you knew her. It’s kind of weird though that she said almost the same thing when she was in here.”

“Ironic. Tell me about her,” I said laughing on the inside at how unbelievable this was.

“I can’t remember her name or what exactly she looked like. And I’ve never told anyone this before, but…” He trailed off.

I wanted to know what he was going to say. “What?”

“…Never mind. It’s not anybody’s business, but I just wish that I could remember her name. I wish I knew where she was or if she was still doing well. She was very pretty though. I can remember that, and how she looked like she was miserable.”

“Huh?” I acted clueless as to what he was talking about.

“Well she just looked very sad. She never told me why though. I was thinking maybe she was poor, had nowhere to go. Her clothes weren’t the best, they didn’t fit, she needed a shower because her nails and skin were dirty, her hair wasn’t washed, but why am I telling you this… you don’t care?”

“Pretty interesting, actually. Where did you meet her at?”

“Oh,” he said, “In St. James.”

“Where in St. James?” I said trying to pull all the information out of him just to make sure that I knew he was the right guy. I knew he was, but I wanted to know what all he was going to tell me.

“You ask a lot of questions. But on the bridge.”

“How did you meet her on the bridge if you were in a car? Did she like break down or something?”

“Well, mentally.” I chuckled and he looked at me funny. He probably thought I was laughing at the girl he was talking about, but ironically it was me. “She was about to jump. But I stopped her,” he finally said.

“That’s really neat. Did she thank you? For stopping her?”

“Yeah. She hugged me and thanked me. Right after she told me that she didn’t like music, which brings me back to that. So…”

“Uh yeah...”

He tapped his hand on the steering wheel. “Where we eating?” he asked me politely.

“I didn’t bring any money. I was going straight home, but you can eat. I wasn’t hungry anyways.”

“Carter, I got you. McDonald’s?”

“I don’t like when people pay for me-”

“Carter, shut up,” he said interrupting me with a smirk on his face. “Stop being stubborn. I got you.”

“Whatever,” I agreed and we headed that way.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so since the other was short and boring, i quickly did this one since i was bored anywayss... Maybe two boring ones will equal a happy subscriber? (:

Someone, anyone, tell me what they think ?