No One Does It Better

Call the Police

“So this is it?”
I turned to face my boyfriend. He was standing there in a blue flannel t-shirt wearing black skinny jeans and black vans holding a box that was twice as wide as him.
“Yeah this is it. Do you like it Jessie?” He asked as his blue eyes met with my hazel eyes. I stood there blankly holding a few boxes looking at our new apartment in front of us. I wasn’t sure that this was the perfect apartment for me but I knew that it meant a lot to Jake.
“I love it.” I lied smiling up at him as I placed some of the boxes on the table with a groan. It wasn’t such a big deal living with Jake seeing as we had pretty much been living together for the past year, It was more the fact that I had moved out of home in San Diego to go live in Jake’s childhood town, Arizona.

It didn’t take long for the movers to bring everything in and set everything up and by the time they had finished it was only 1 in the afternoon.
I was putting up photos of my dad onto the walls when Jake came up and hugged me from behind. “Do you want to go out somewhere babe?” He whispered into my hair. I moved out of his grip and smiled at him.
“I was thinking we could stop by at the coffee shop where I’ll be working and get a coffee there.” I replied. Jake nodded and grabbed his car keys, he knew that coffee was a necessity for me.

It had been almost three years that Jake and I had been together. We met when I was going through a rough time and he was there for me. I never felt a spark when I was with him or fireworks when we kissed, but I knew he was the best I could get. A lot of people told me we wouldn’t last because he was too good for me and I agree. I mean, I’m not ugly but I know that Jake could marry a supermodel if he wanted. I thought that maybe moving to Arizona would change things and might even create a spark between us.

We pulled up at a building with the words “Cafe Charter” printed on the windows. I had always wanted to work at a cute little café and this one seemed to fit the criteria. After I spoke to the managers and got my work roster, Jake and I lined up to buy our coffee.
“You’re the new girl right?” a perky voice asked. I looked up to see a pretty blond girl standing behind the register.
“Yeah, that’s me. My names Jessie and this is my boyfriend Jake.” I said politely pointing to Jake as he smiled.
“Hi, I’m Kelly.” She said smiling “What would you two like to order today?”
“Could I please get a cappuccino?” Jake answered. Kelly nodded then looked up at me.
“I know this is weird but could I get a Latte with a shot of Caramel and Hazelnut?” I asked awkwardly smiling. Kelly giggled and nodded her head.
“We actually have a regular customer who orders the same thing.” She added.
“Well someone must have good taste in coffee” I laughed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up in my new room on a new bed to the sound of Blink 182 blasting from my phone speakers. I looked at the time and saw that I had to get up for work. Jake sighed from next to me and pulled me down to him cuddling me.
“How about you don’t go to work today and we spend the day in bed?” He asked shooting me a suggestive look. I let out a giggle.
“I can’t blow off my first day of work, you know that Jake.” I said squirming out of his grip and getting up.

I stared at my reflection in the bathroom mirror. My waist length dark brown hair was tied up high in a bun and my pale skin was covered by an oversized Nirvana top. I sighed as I turned towards the shower.

“Alright I’m leaving now. I’ll see you tonight. I yelled as I rushed out the door and towards my car. The drive to the coffee shop was quick and I managed to get a really good park. When I walked in the doors I was quickly given a green apron with the name “Cafe Charter” written on the front and sent to the register. The girl that I had met yesterday was standing there and waved excitedly when she saw me. “Hi Jessie!” she smiled.
“Hey Kelly, am I going to be working with you?” I asked nervously. Kelly nodded her head and pulled me over to the register. After a while I started to get the hang of it and only messed up a couple of orders.
“So you’re new in town right?” Kelly asked
“Yeah, I actually just moved from San Diego” I replied. Kelly looked at me in shock.
“Why would you leave there to come live in Arizona?!” She asked raising her voice. I laughed at how surprised she was.
“I didn’t really want to. I love it there, it was my boyfriend who suggested it and I thought it might be a good idea to get away for a while.” I said trailing off when a customer walked up to the counter. I took the order and handed the customer their change.
“I would leave here to live in San Diego any day” Kelly sighed and walked away as I giggled. I was beginning to like Kelly, I could tell we would get along.

I was getting lost in thought when I heard people walking up to counter.
“Hi, what can I get you today?” I asked in my sweetest voice.
“Umm, I’ll have a flat white please.” A female voice said. I was too busy making sure I wrote it down correctly to look up at her face.
“And I’ll take a Latte with a shot of caramel and hazelnut please” A husky voice added. I let out a short laugh as I wrote it down and looked up to see who had ordered.

“Jessie? Is that you?” A tattooed lanky man asked in shock. I just stared blankly at his face. I couldn’t believe that this was actually happening. I always imagined him re-appearing into my life in every scenario possible, but this time it was real.

“Hey Mike.” I said in the quietest voice.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so, Mibba had issues and deleted a lot of things, including this story which was really frustrating. Which means I lost my layout, my subscribers and my comments. But oh well.
So here it is again. The start of my story, I will be uploading chapter 2 today as well.
Please comment and give me some feed back and subscribe.
Thankyou :)