No One Does It Better

Call the Police

“I’ll see you later” Jake said as he walked out of the apartment to go to work. My eyes lingered on the door for a couple of seconds longer as if something would burst through the door and suddenly everything would make sense and nothing would be confusing. Sighing, I collapsed on the couch. If I was with my dad he would sit me down and knock some sense into me. Why did he have to live so far away? I jumped as the sound of my phone ringing echo throughout the apartment. I looked at the phone on the coffee table to read the caller ID. Mikes name was sprawled across the screen. What did he want? I sat staring at my phone as he rang for the 4th time. I made a promise to Jake and I was going to try not to break it.
I poured myself a glass of juice and made my way back over to my ringing phone. I raised an eyebrow as I saw that it now said Vic on the caller ID. Nice try Mike.
I needed to get away from this noise. I picked up my car keys in a swift movement before I was out the door. Maybe driving around will clear my head.

---

I pulled into my driveway after driving for around 3 hours. I was singing at the top of my lungs as I walked up the steps to my front door, I was definitely feeling better.
I swung open the front door literally skipping over to my phone. 47 missed calls. This can’t be good. I went into my phone to see who called. Not that I couldn’t already guess.
17 from Mike, 11 from Vic and 19 from Jake. Okay, something is definitely up. I went to ring Jake but before I could even hit dial I heard a noise from my bedroom. I walked down the hallway to see what it was. Something didn’t feel right.
I opened the door to find Jake sitting on the bed. His face expressionless. I walked over to him cautiously lifting my arm towards him.
“Jake? What’s going on?” I whispered. As if the look on his face didn’t explain it enough. Deep down I knew what was about to come next. I just didn’t want to believe it. He looked up at me trying to force a sympathetic smile.
“It’s you dad, He’s…” Jake choked out. I took a step back shaking my head. I could feel the tears brimming on my eyes.
“Don’t say it. It’s not true!” I said louder than necessary. He mouthed an ‘I’m sorry’ to me
“NO! DON’T LIE TO ME! STOP! STOP! STOP!” I yelled falling to the ground. This wasn’t happening. I only saw him the other day. I couldn’t hold back my tears any longer. I started sobbing on the floor. Not my dad. They can’t take him from me. He’s the only person in my life who makes sense.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I was woken up to the sound of Mike’s ringtone. I never knew why he had the most irritating song as his ringtone, I don’t think he did either. I watched as he lazily picked up his phone, bringing it to his ear.

“Uhh Vic what do you want?” Mike groaned “Yeah, I stayed at Jessie’s.....NO! How does she know? FUCK! OF COURSE I FUCKING KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS! SHIT! .....Yeah, I will, bye.” Mike threw his phone at the ground and put his head in his hands. “Shit, shit, shit, shit” Mike began muttering under his breath.

“She knows about last night doesn’t she?” I said sitting on the couch next to Mike. He just nodded his head.

“How did she find out?” I asked looking at the ground.

“Fucking Katy’s fucking parents fucking rang my fucking mum” Mike said running his hands through his hair.

“Mikey?” I asked as I felt tears welling up in my eyes. Both of us knew what I was going to ask and I already knew the answer I was going to get, I just didn’t want it to be true. He lifted his head up to face me as his expression changed from angry and mirrored mine.

“Yeah?” he whispered grabbing my hand.

“Are they going to make you leave?” I asked feeling a tear run down my cheek. Mike lifted his hand to wipe the tear from my cheek and pushed his forehead up against mine.

“You know they will Jessie, but they can’t take me away from you, remember that” His whispered as he kissed my cheek.

---

After Vic came to pick him up, I couldn’t stop worrying about him. San Diego wouldn’t be the same without the lanky Mike to cause trouble with.
His parents were sick of getting calls from principals and police stations saying Mike and I had done something wrong. I couldn’t bare the thought that he was being sent to Arizona to live with his Uncle. I hated to think of how I was going to survive with him so many miles away from me.

“Are you alright JessJess? You stared at that bowl of Cheerios for a good 10 minutes.” My dad said sounding concerned. I looked into his hazel eyes that were identical to mine.

“Dad, they’re going to take him from me. I don’t want-” before I could finish speaking I began crying. My dad quickly came over to me and took me into a hug.

“Sweetie, both you and I know that Mike needs you as much as you need him. Just try to be strong for the both of you.” He said as he went to bring me tissues.

“Thanks dad” I smiled. My dad knew just how much I really appreciated his advice. I heard my phone vibrate on the table. I picked it up and saw that the caller ID was Vic.

“Hey Vic,” I said with a sigh.

“Jessie, they are making him leave today. I’m about to take him to the airport. We’re going to stop at your house first.” Vic said sadly. We sat in silence for a couple of minutes before I spoke up.

“Vic, I’m sorry. This is all my fault.” I choked out. I heard him sigh on the other end.

“Don’t blame yourself. It was going to happen eventually Jessie.”He spoke. “Okay were leaving now, see you in a second.” He said hanging up. I stared at my hands for what felt like 3 hours before I heard a knock on the door.
I ran to the door and opened it to see Mike standing in front of me with a blank look across his face. We both just stood there in silence until I walked forward and began hugging him burying my head into his chest.

“I’ll miss you beautiful” He croaked out.

“I’ll miss you too Mikey” I whispered.

“I’ll call you once I’ve settled in.” He said kissing my forehead. He turned and started walking to Vic’s car
“Mikey!” I called after him. He lifted his head matching my sad expression. “Please don’t walk out and forget about me Mikey.” I said as my voice cracked.
“I promise you, I’ll never do what she did.” He replied sympathetically.
He walked over to Vic’s car and got in the passenger seat. He turned to me with his dark brown eyes filled with tears and lifted is hand in a wave.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahhh didn't have a lot of time to write this one.
This chapter's a bit of a downer.
What do you think? How are you all feeling?

I'm still getting used to this new layout.

Thankyou all for reading & subscribing. As always, a special thankyou to my amazing commenters! Santi Santi, kardashian_x and abc500

You can file this under things you don't care about but this amazing guy asked me out using a magic trick today. ahhh it was so perfect.