No One Does It Better

Try to forget the beginning and end

I looked up from my coffee on the dirty diner table and focused my eyes on the person sitting opposite from me.
Mike was slowly stirring his coffee, staring intently at the swirls he was making. I wasn’t sure if I should be doing this, I was still meant to be mad at Mike and I promise Jake I would stay away from him… but there was just something about him that made my problems feel less crushing.
“How come you’re in San Diego” I said curiously, breaking the silence.
Mike looked up at me with an awkward look on his face.
“I..Uh…For your Dad’s funeral” He hesitated. “…I was invited.” he ensured.
I nodded my head wondering if Jake knew that this Mike was the Mike he invited. Mike and I shared a gaze, almost as if he was thinking the same thing as me… As if he wondered if things would ever change back.
Our eyes were torn apart as my phone rang on the table. My eyes lingered on the caller ID before I picked it up.
“Hi” I said trying to force a smile into my voice.
“Hey baby, I miss you” Jake said sweetly.
“I miss you too” I said quietly trying to hide from Mike the fact that I was on the phone to Jake.
It didn’t work. His face dropped slightly as I continued talking.
“Jake, you caught me at a really bad time, I’ll call you later okay?” I said before hanging up.
I lifted the spoon into my cup before stirring the drink trying to pretend that never happened.
“I don’t know if it’s such a good idea for me to be here…” Mike said as he pulled a face that looked like he was trying to convince himself. “Maybe I should go…” He whispered. Mike began to stand up. I practically dived across the table grabbing his hand to pull him back down.
“Please don’t go” I pleaded.

---

Mike sat himself down on my couch. He looked more comfortable in this house than I did. I sat uncomfortably in an armchair pulling my knees to my chest.
“This is weird being in this house again” Mike said looking over the room.
I nodded my head, eyes still staring blankly at the floor. Mike stood up walking over to the picture frames filled with photos of me. I watched him as he floated his fingers over the frames. As always I felt the same question drag itself to the tip of my tongue.
“Why’d you do it Mikey?” I whispered. Mike turned to me as his face dropped, we both knew this was going to come up.
He slowly paced around the room before answering.

“Because I’m an asshole” He said almost laughing.
“But why?” I said as my voice cracked. Mike sighed as he sat on the couch. He put his hands to his face as he started shaking his head.
“I don’t know Jessie… I thought that maybe if you moved on and maybe if you hated me then I wouldn’t be sitting around thinking about you…and then maybe I could get over you. I tried for so long to just ignore you but you kept trying and trying to talk to me and I all I wanted to do was call you and just hear you talk but I told myself it would make things worse…and then you turned up at my house and I…I thought that maybe if I made you hate me than it would make it easier. When I saw your face… after all the things I said to you…It killed me. But I knew it would get better for you, and you would block me from your thoughts. It didn’t work for me though because after that night I felt worse and I… I realised that I threw away the only good thing in my life.” Mike exclaimed. I sat silently soaking in every syllable he spoke.

“You’re wrong” I whispered. “I never got over it Mike” I said gripping my legs closer to my chest.
Mike looked up at me as hurt shone in his eyes.
“But… Jake? What about him?” Mike stuttered
“Don’t get me wrong Mike, I love Jake. He’s been nothing but sweet to me…” I said as I saw Mike’s eyes sadden. “…It’s just, He’s my boyfriend…not my best friend. I wouldn’t have thought it was possible to have both…but…you…” I shook my head before finishing my sentence “There was always a part of me that wasn't completely satisfied because he was so different to…” I stop talking as I realised I was saying things that shouldn't be said... it wasn't fair to Jake. I started shaking my head before my voice started again.
“You couldn't have been THAT hurt though Mike… I mean that girl at your house and then that other girl at the café… if you were so upset about me…why did you go and get…” I mumbled as Mike cut me off to finish my sentence.
“…Whores?” He said raising an eyebrow. He shrugged his shoulders. “I thought maybe I could build what we had in them… never worked though.”
“This still doesn’t excuse the fact that you were a total fuckwitt.” I said sternly.
Mike looked up at me apologetically.

“I know Jessie. I wish I could take it all back…I do. And I know that I’ve never legitimately apologised, and I’m sorry. I know this doesn't change anything but I just want you to know that I’m sorry. I’m sorry for hurting you, I’m sorry for not being with you when you needed me, sorry for saying those untrue things and I’m sorry for taking so long to say this.” He said as his voice quivered. It was hard to see in the dark of the room, but I was sure there were tears in his eyes mirroring mine. I got up and sat myself next to him.

“I really did need you. No one else understood. I had no one Mikey. Vic tried to understand but it wasn’t the same…everything was fucked without you. I hated you so much for so long...all I wanted was for you to be with me…” I said as tears started running faster down my cheeks. Mike turned to me, cupping my face in his hand as he wiped the tears with his thumb.
“I’m here now” he whispered before moving closer to my face.

My body froze. I knew I should have moved away but there was a part of me that kept me exactly where I was as Mike’s breath bounced off my skin.
As soon as his lips touched mine, I felt the electricity burn through my skin. His tongue traced my lower lip as my hands ran through his hair. I was pushed lustfully onto my back as our kiss was deepened. The desire mixed with lust and the urge to restart something that was once lost was overwhelming. Mike’s hands slowly moved their way down my side. Sense finally detached itself from instinct. I jumped up suddenly breaking our kiss.
“I…uh…Have to go to bed…You can sleep on the couch if you want…you probably remember where the blankets and stuff are.” I raced through my words before I quickly hurried up the stairs. When I was almost at my door I heard Mike sigh heavily from the lounge.
What just happened?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was snapped out of a day dream by a pair of fingers clicking in front of my face.
“Jessica, would you kindly tell the class the answer to question 7?” Mrs Hornet sneered. I swear teachers never want to ask you the answer when you actually know it.

“Oh, um yeah sure. Uh Caesar was assassinated because...he um...uh” I stuttered as I heard a whisper come from the seat next to me.
“Because the senate wanted their power back” The soft voice said.

“Jessica? What is the answer?” Mrs Hornet said tapping her long fake nails on the table impatiently.

“Um, because the senate wanted their power back.” I said unsure giving the teacher a soft smile.
“That’s right” She said suspiciously. I turned to the seat next to me only to have my hazel eyes met with a pair of soft light blue eyes staring back. I had never seen him before so I assumed he was new.

“Thanks for the save.” I whispered over to him.

“No problem, the names Jake and I’m assuming yours is Jessica” He whispered smiling at me.
“Jessie” I corrected him only to be interrupted by the bell.

“Well, I’ll see you around Jessie” He said waving which I politely returned.

I got a good look at him as he walked away. He was tall, but not lanky, he had light brown hair that was all pushed over messily to one side. He was wearing a plain baseball t-shirt with skinny jeans and red Vans. It wasn’t hard to see that Jake was really attractive… but not as attractive as…him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi my lovlies! I am officially on a two week break from school! so expect more updates!

Opinions? ;)

I got two votes for Jaime Preciado and a vote for Ronnie Radke for my new story i am yet to start. Anyone want to add or choose between the two?

Thankyou to the wonderful people reading and subscribing.
THANKYOU to my lovely commenters ILovePotatoes, Matty Mullins, Santi Santi, abc500, partypoison_4321, dancingwithvaida, taylor_tea, CourtneyFaithG

Also! if you like My Chemical romance fics, Santi Santi has a great one called Three Cheers. Check it out!