No One Does It Better

They're tryin' to take it from us, they're tryin' to take it from us

“You okay Jessie?”
I snapped out of my daydream and turned to face Kelly standing at the counter looking at me with wide eyes.
“Yeah, of course. Why wouldn’t I be?” I asked confused.
“Uhh you’ve been standing at that coffee machine staring into that cup looking like someone is going to murder you.” She said cautiously coming over to stand beside me.
I shook my head softly. “Sorry, I’ve just been really tired the past few days” I said running my hands through my long hair.
“Well your shift is pretty much over, so just go home and sleep. I’ll tidy up for you.” Kelly said with a sympathetic smile on her face.
“Thanks Kel, I really appreciate it.” I said moving in to give her a hug.

---

I sat in my car staring blankly at the space in front of me. I watched intently as cars drove by and people walked past. I couldn’t help but think about those people. Were they happy? Were they with someone who they truly loved? Were they wondering the same thing about me? If they asked what would I tell them?

I rested my head against the steering wheel letting the silence of the car wash over me. I could have screamed when someone tapped roughly on my window. I lifted my head allowing my eyes to open. Jake was standing next to the car with a worried look on his face.
Slowly, I climbed out of the car and stood in front of him.
“Jessie? Are you…okay?” He said with a concerned tone.
“Just tired” I lied, mumbling.
Jake nodded his head taking my hand and leading me into the house.

I sat down on the couch as Jake awkwardly sat down beside me rubbing his hands on his knees.
“You okay Jakey?” I asked looking at him intently.
He looked over at me with a hint of panic in his face.
“I…uh. Yeah of course.” He spoke moving his gaze away from mine. I watched him as he fidgeted with his hands awkwardly looking at them.
“You sure?” I asked suspiciously.

Jake looked over at me. His expression was a little different this time. The panic was gone, it looked more like fear? Or guilt? …Maybe nervous?
“Actually, No. There’s something I wanted to confess to you.” He said looking everywhere but my eyes. “The other day when you were talking about having a family and stuff…made me realise that I really need to tell you this.”
I looked him confused. What was he talking about? What was he confessing to?
“I… I never went to see my sister.” He spoke moving his gaze to meet mine. “When you had your dad’s funeral… I wasn’t with my sister.” He said again.
I didn’t understand. What was he saying.

“Where were you then?” I asked not knowing if I really wanted to know.
“I was…uh,” He said awkwardly standing up moving away from me slightly.
“Jake! Where were you!?” I asked standing up getting starting to get angry.
I stood staring at him as he stared back.

“I was busy… getting this…” He said as he put his hands in his pocket.
I watched wide eyed as he pulled out a box and started kneeling before me. My expression blanked as Jake opened the box to reveal a ring sitting in the box screaming up at me. I moved my gaze from the ring to Jake’s face with no expression printed on my face.
Jake smiled awkwardly up at me.

“Jessie, we’ve spent so long together and it’s starting to get to the point where I don’t think I could go a day without seeing you. All I want is to be able to do that for the rest of my life. I just want you. I want you to be my wife, I want you to be the mother of my children, I want to be with you when we are old and close to death. You’re the only person I want to spend the greatest parts of my life with because you are the greatest part of my life... So Jessie Grove, will you be my wife?” Jake asked looking up at me as his eyes glistened.

I stood stationary for a second. I watched Jake’s face as his smile grew smaller and smaller when I continued to not say a word. I could feel something starting up inside of me, something weird. The next thing I knew I was sprinting to the door.
Running to my car.
Starting up my engine.
Leaving.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! Short short short chapter.
No flashbacks in this one either. I just really wanted to get something out to you guys.
Mibba changed their layout again! ugh

SO! what are our opinions?

Thankyou to everyone reading, subscribing and recommending!
Thankyou to rachemical, abc500, Santi Santi, kardashian_x, ewthatscute and gemaradke for your comments!! I love you guys!