No One Does It Better

Call the police, this whole place is gonna burn

Mike’s POV

Things weren’t going so great. My mind was so consumed in thought of her so much that nothing was being accomplished. All I could think about was Jessie. It probably wasn’t healthy to think about one person constantly, especially seeing as we weren’t even together. I was starting to get anxious.
…When was she going to contact me?
…Maybe she already made up her mind…

My fingers tapped impatiently as I sat in my car waiting at a red light. Vic had gone back to San Diego to see our parents earlier today. It was already overwhelmingly quiet without the constant noise of his ongoing chatter. I loved having him around, it just sucked when he had to go back home, I missed my big bro.

Finally, I pulled up beside the curb outside of my house. I tilted my head slightly as I tried to make out the car parked in front of me. I didn’t know that car… At least I don’t think I did.
Who was here?

My heart started beating a little faster, I stepped out of my car anxiously and walked towards the front door. My eyes wandered my front porch to find a body sitting on the front chair. They had their head in their hands and were rocking back and forth.
…What were they doing here?

“Why are you here?” I said, my voice sounding a lot harsher than planned. They looked up from their hands looking over at me, something was different about their face. All I could see was how upset they looked, something was very wrong.

“I… I don’t know.” They admitted throwing up their hands in defeat. “I didn’t know who else to go to…”
I carefully watched them as they got up and walked towards me. My eyes narrowed as I tried to work out what was going on.

“Where is she Jake?” I spoke, glaring at him. Jake just looked up at me shaking his head.
“I don’t know man, She’s gone… I can’t get her to answer her phone.” He stated.
My mind started jumping to conclusions. Where was she? Was she hurt? Why wasn’t she answering her phone? My god I hope she is okay.

I turned my head to face Jake as a confused look printed itself on my face.
“Wait, why’d she leave in the first place?” I asked hopefully.
Jake looked at me slightly embarrassed as he rubbed the back of his neck.
“She kind of freaked out on me.” He mumbled looking at the ground. I looked at the ground waiting for him to continue explaining. “I kind of… uhh… asked her to marry me…” He spoke quietly looking away from me.
I snapped my head up to meet his gaze “You what!?”
Jake looked more embarrassed as we stood awkwardly silent staring at each other.
“What did she say!?” I asked feeling my heart beating harder and harder, I could feel a lump growing in my throat.
“She didn’t say anything, she just ran… I thought maybe she came here…hence why I am here.” Jake said sitting back down on the chair.

“Where did she go?” I thought aloud.

---

I pulled out my phone dialling her number. The dial tone rang in my ears as I watched Jake sitting on my couch from the kitchen. It rang through another couple of times before I heard a noise.
“Mike?”
A sigh of relief hit me, knowing that she was okay.
“Hey beautiful.” I whispered so that Jake wouldn’t hear.
“What’s wrong? You said you weren’t going to contact me?” She said. I could hear just from her voice that she was beginning to cry.
“I wanted to make sure you were okay bub, Jake told me what happened.”
I could hear her beginning to quietly sob.
“I didn’t know what to do Mikey. I had to leave.”
I wish I could have been with her to comfort her, all I wanted to do was just hold her.
“It’s okay, don’t sweat it girl.” I uttered quietly. “Where are you now?”
“I…uh… I’m at home.” She spoke quietly. “I know this is probably a bad idea, but do you think you could possibly come and keep me company?”
“I’ll be there as soon as I can.” I whispered before hanging up.

“Where is she?” Jake said as he stood at the door. He looked a little hurt that she answered my calls and not his.
I looked up at his desperate face filled with worry. “She said she’s at home.”
Jake nodded his head and picked up his car keys mumbling a thanks. He almost made it to the door before he spun around to face me.
“She still loves you man. It kills me to admit it and I’m starting to get a little tired of trying to convince her to be with me instead… But she does. ” He mumbled. I looked at him completely shocked, I didn’t know how to reply to that. “Maybe I should talk to her… she needs to make a decision between us.” He said thinking aloud.

Jake lifted his eyes to meet mine. “Just promise me that if she chooses you over me, that you will always love her and never hurt her again.” I ran my fingers through my hair as Jake looked at me with stern eyes.
“Even if she doesn’t choose me, there is no way I will stop loving her. She was the first girl I ever really fell for, I mean I fell so fucking hard and I only ever wanted the best for her, but I ended up hurting her in the process.” I admitted to Jake as he stood there watching me. He raised his eyebrows slightly before turning on his heels and leaving through the door. I had this gut wrenching feeling that he was going to convince her to be with him.

--

Turning on the engine of my car, I sighed rubbing my hands against my eyes. Jessie needed me right now, she was confused. I was slightly worried that being with her would affect her decision, but I was starting to get to the stage where I didn’t care.

I knew I would see Jessie before Jake got a chance to though.
He left around a half hour ago to go back to his house…which is where he expected Jessie to be…
I knew for a fact that on the phone when she said she was at home… she didn’t mean in Arizona.

End Mikes POV

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jake lay beside me on my bed as we watched a movie. I could feel my eyes getting heavier and heavier as silence filled the room.

“Jessie?” Jakes voice asked. I moved slightly so that I was facing him directly.
“Yeah babe, what is it?” I said sleepily.
“This may sound weird and kind of scary but we’ve pretty much been living together for a couple of years now and I was wondering if you wanted to maybe buy a place of our own?” He asked awkwardly. I looked up at him smiling.
“That would actually be really cool.” I admitted as Jake smiled. “Where abouts where you thinking of getting one?”
Jake’s smile was replaced by an awkward smile. He knew I wasn’t going to like living anywhere besides San Diego.
“Well I was thinking we could move to Arizona so I could be close to my parents…”

Arizona?

There was something inside of me telling me to go. I didn’t know why but I kind of felt an urge to get up and go there now.
“Arizona it is!” I exclaimed as I placed my head tiredly on his chest.

I stared blankly at the ceiling as my mind started being occupied by a face that I blocked out years ago. This wasn’t going to end well.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys!! I'm having a sick day from school today so perfect opportunity to update ;)

As much as I want to make Jake the bad guy, I just cant do it. He's just so nice and ugh its killing me.

So opinions? ;)

I love all my readers and subscribers!
Thank you times a billion to Santi Santi, rachemical, CourtneyFaithG, kardashian_x, abc500, ewthatscute, dancingwithvaida, gemaradke and KinaxKills for your comments <3!!!