No One Does It Better

Call the Police

“I’m going on my break now.” I said politely to my manager in the back room. She nodded her head in response as I hung up my apron.
I walked out the front door onto the street and sighed as I looked around noticing that Mike wasn’t here.
“Obviously it wasn’t that important.” I mumbled to myself as I started walking down the street. I had only walked a couple of metres before I heard a car slow down next to me.
“I thought we had plans?” I heard Mike’s voice call. I turned to see him sitting in a black Porsche, smiling. He motioned for me to get in. I awkwardly walked over giving Mike a soft smile. It felt weird getting into a car with someone I felt like I didn’t know, especially this car. I just couldn’t figure out how he could afford it.
“I thought we were just going to talk. Where are we going?” I asked nervously shifting in my seat.
“Well we were, but before I left to meet you there was a quick change of plans.” He said concentrating on the road. “Don’t worry, you’ll get back to work on time.” He said turning his head to give me a smile. It was weird but I felt oddly comfortable being in the car with Mike by my side.

We pulled up at a house and Mike quickly jumped out of the car and ran over to my side opening the door for me.
“Um, thanks.” I said awkwardly as I climbed out. I followed him as we walked up the path to the front door. Uncomfortably smiling he led me into the living room
My eyes went straight to the guy sitting on the couch watching TV. Mike cleared his throat to get his attention. The guy instantly turned and jumped up from his place on the couch and running over to hug me.
“Jessie! I’ve missed you.” He said squeezing me harder into a hug.
“I’ve missed you too Vic.” I said smiling into his hug. Mike walked past us and sat on the couch, looking slightly jealous.
“Vic literally begged me to bring you here to see him.” Mike said pretending to be interested in the TV. I laughed looking at Vic who just shrugged.
“Are you living in Arizona too?” I asked as I awkwardly sat next to Mike.
“Nah, I just come and stay up here with Mike sometimes.” Vic said looking from me to Mike. We all turned our heads as two boys came in talking loudly. They both stopped in their tracks when they saw me sitting me on the couch.
“Oh. Jessie, these are our friends Jaime and Tony.” Mike said pointing to the guys as he said their names. “Guys this is-” Mike began before Jaime interrupted.
“Yeah yeah, we know who she is.” He said giving me a wink, making me giggle. Mike stood up walking away, mumbling to me to go with him. I said politely goodbye to Jaime and Tony before going over to Vic. He pulled me into a hug and whispered into my ear. “Go easy on him, Okay?” I gave him a soft smile “No promises.” I said walking towards the door.

I walked out the front and saw Mike sitting on the porch. I sighed and went over to take a seat next to him giving him an awkward smile.
“So, what did you want to talk about?” I asked quietly, breaking the silence. Mike looked up at me with his dark brown eyes and sighed.
“Well, I kinda just wanted to try and patch things up.” He said awkwardly looking back down at his feet.
“What is there to patch up Mike?” I asked looking at him as he traced the outline of his hand tattoos with his finger.
“Us.” He said turning to look me in the eye.
“Isn’t this a little soon? I mean I haven’t seen you for what, 3 years?“ I said sternly
“I know I hurt you Jessie, but you can’t expect me to just forget about you.” He looked back down as soon as he noticed that he had struck a nerve.
“You already HAD forgotten about me Mike! You had moved on. You told me you wanted nothing to do with me!” I said standing up walking back towards the front door.
I don’t know why I ever agreed to ‘talk’ with him.
“I never said that! You know I would never say that Jessie!” he yelled after me.
I went into the living room and straight to Vic.
“Could you please take me back to work Vic?” I asked with tears welling up in my eyes.
“Yeah sure” he said grabbing my hand and walking me to his car.

----

He pulled up at my work after a silent ride in the car and turned in his seat to face me.
“Listen Jessie, I know it isn’t exactly the way it used to be with you guys but I don’t want you to just give up on him.” He said looking at me with pleading eyes making me sigh. “He really does want to make this right, just give him a chance.”
Vic knew I couldn’t disagree with him, he was always right, always.
“Fine, but you can’t expect me to pretend like nothing happened.” I said getting out of the car as he nodded.“Thanks for bringing me back.” I said gratefully giving him a smile.
“Anytime, Grover” He said shooting me a smile.
“Uh, not that name.” I pleaded. Vic shrugged to me before he laughed. I smiled softly to myself as he drove off. It was good to see Vic again. I had missed his face but no matter how much he wanted things to go back to the way they were between Mike and I, I wasn’t sure that it was possible.

--

“Hey Jake” I said falling into his car tiredly.
“Hi sweetie, how was work?” He asked kissing my forehead before starting the car.
“Yeah, it was okay. Pretty boring really.” I lied giving him a smile.
“Well I got us a movie to watch tonight. Up for it?”
“Yeah, that’s sounds great.” I said honestly. Anything to get Mike of my mind was good.

I sat down on the couch and surrounded myself with blankets while Jake put the movie on.
“What movie are we watching?” I asked curiously as Jake sat down, cuddling up next to me.
“Scott Pilgrim vs. the world” He said smiling. “I remember you saying how much you loved it.”
…I wasn’t exactly sure that this movie would get Mike off my mind, but it was better than nothing.
“Yes! Best movie ever.” I said getting focusing on the TV and leaning my head on Jake’s shoulder.

It was about half way through the movie when Jake said that he was hungry and went in the kitchen to get some food. I barely heard my phone vibrate over the sound of the movie. I picked it up hardly taking my eyes of the screen.

From Mike:
Hey, I’m sorry about today.

I text back quickly still focused on the movie

To Mike:
Don’t worry about it Mike.

It only took a couple of seconds before he texted back.

From Mike:
Okay,
So what are you doing?

To Mike:
I’m watching Scott Pilgrim with Jake.

I put my phone away when I heard Jake coming back into the room. He handed me a plate of pizza before sitting back down with his.
My phone vibrated from the table as we finished eating.
“Your phone went off Jessie” Jake said pointing to the table. I thought I’d leave it as I didn’t think it was a good idea to text Mike while Jake was in the room.
“I’m sure it can wait until the end of the movie.” I said cuddling back up to him as he smiled.

--

“You have a good taste in movies.” He said when the movie finished. He stood up to stretch showing the skin between his shirt and jeans. I couldn’t help but look.
“I know right?” I yawned. “I’m going to go to bed, are you coming?” I asked picking up my phone.
“Yeah. I’ll be there in a minute.” He said taking our plates to the kitchen. I walked down the hall and stopped to stare at a picture of my dad and I on the wall. It was at the park across from my house. We went there for his 40th birthday, Mike and I were only 10 at the time and he had insisted on taking the photo because he was convinced he would become a famous photographer. I smirked before walking towards my room. I collapsed onto my bed straight away and got my phone out from my pocket.

From Mike:
Does he know that it’s our movie?

I sighed to myself before replying.

To Mike:
No.

From Mike:
Maybe you should tell him. Goodnight Jessie.
I put my phone away when Jake came into the room. He turned off all the lights and lay down next to me. I put my head on his bare chest as he put his arm around me, pulling me into him.
“Goodnight baby” He said kissing my forehead.
“Night Jakey” I whispered.
I felt slightly guilty for not telling Jake about Mike, but I knew I had to sort things out a little before brining him into it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, you guys are so amazing! Thankyou so much to the people who have been reading and thank you even more to the people who have subscribed :')
A special thankyou to Santi Santi, Piercetherach & KinaxKills for being amazing and commenting!

So next chapter will be in the wonderful Mike Fuentes' point of view.

Tell me your thoughts! :)