Status: On hold til I get my laptop back! Sorry guys :(

Written in Blood

00

My mother, dressed in her black and white business dress, held my small hand in hers. We stood next to my over-dressed father who stared straight ahead to the man before my family. My wondering eyes took in over 50 other vampires in the darkness of the Chambers.

Someone cleared their throat.

A chorus of hushes spread throughout the room, a silent wave filling the dense air. “The Elders have decided on a sentence, Lord Oliver Timothy Riddle,” I looked to my father. His face was stolid, he didn’t blink an eye. “the Elders have decided that your first and only son, Nikolai Timothy Riddle, is condemned to walk this earth, searching for his mate…” my Mother squeezed my hand, lovingly. I didn’t understand what was going on, but the vibe from my mother was good. “…in the mortal portion of Earth. He may find a vampire, but he will never feel what he shale feel for his mate, a human.”

The whispers erupted, and the moving of chairs across a wooden floor sounded. The Elders all stalked out of the room, and my Mother and Father didn’t move an inch. I looked at my mother, her left hand wiping the tears from her eyes.

Why is she sad?

I looked to my father, who looked down on me, an apologetic look on his stone face.


I didn’t understand anything what happened that day ten years ago, but now I understand what was so wrong in my life sentence.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've been wanting to write a vampire story. Feels good to spit it out.
If you like it, you know what to do.
Read/Comment/Subscribe
♥Matt
Edit 6/20/12:
thanks to PoeticMess. for pointing out errors :)