Status: Completed 7-6-2012

Beautiful Mess

Monday

"Well, look who's right on time," I said as Matt walked through the front doors of the shop.
Matt came in every Monday and bought one dozen red roses for his girlfriend, Valary.

"Hello, Lindsey." He gave me a smile as he approached the counter. "How's business today?"

I pointed to my left. "Seven arrangements so far. Two funerals, two baby showers, and three weddings."

"Nice," he said, pulling out his wallet. He gave me the exact amount for his flowers. He didn't even need me to tell him anymore.

"Lacey!" I called to the back. "You got Matt's order?"

"Yeah, I'm coming!" she yelled back. A moment later she appeared next to me behind the counter. She tuck a piece of her dark hair behind her ear and held out Matt's roses. "Here, freak."

"Thanks, loser," he said, smiling back at her.

Lacey was pretty much the whole reason Matt started coming here. Apparently, her boyfriend, Johnny, was one of Matt's best friends. So when she started working here six months ago, Matt became a regular customer and Lacey became my best friend.

"Thanks again, ladies," Matt said as he turned to leave. When he reached the door, he paused and looked back over his shoulder. "Lace, you and Johnny still coming to dinner tonight?"

"Yep," she said, giving him a thumbs up. He nodded, and continued walking out the door.

As soon as he was out of sight, Lacey turned to me with wide eyes. "You have to come to dinner with us tonight. Matt and Val are one of those couples. You know, always whispering and looking at each other through dinner." She rolled her eyes and gave a fake gag. "You have to come so I have someone to talk to!"

I raised an eyebrow at her. "Why can't you just talk to your boyfriend?"

"Because me and Johnny are not one of those couples. We're not big on public displays off affection."

I shook my head. "I'm sorry, I still can't do it. I can't go to dinner with not one but two couples and be the fifth wheel all night."

"Lindsey, please!" she groaned. "I'll ask Jimmy to come if that makes you feel better. He won't mind at all."

"What about his girlfriend?" I asked.

"She's out of town with her mom. Come on, Linds!"

I groaned and rolled my eyes. "I hate you."

She threw her arms around me and hugged me tightly. "Thank you so much! We'll pick you up at eight."
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, it was very fun typing this again. One thing's for sure, I will never write anything else without saving it on my computer.
Hopefully everyone who was reading this before can find it again.