Status: Completed 7-6-2012

Beautiful Mess

Wedding

So Matt and I were together. We were happy, and everything was perfect. I stayed at Matt's house pretty much all the time now. It didn't really matter, because when I stayed at my own house, Matt usually stayed, too.
Everything got a little crazy when the band started working on their new album, and Johnny and Lacey's upcoming wedding didn't make anything less stressful.

Lacey had requested to have her wedding in Matt's backyard. She'd always wanted to get married outside, and Matt's yard was the biggest, so the night before their big day they came over to get everything ready.

"Lindsey," Lacey cried, grabbing my arm. "What if it rains tomorrow? Does it look like it could rain?"

I took her hand. "Lace, it's not going to rain. If it does rain, we'll go to the church you picked the last time we discussed the possibilty of rain."

"What about my dress?" she questioned. "It might not fit! Or what if people can't find the house."

I placed my hand over her mouth. "Lacey, everything is going to be fine. It's all under control. Just go in the house and sit down, and we'll finish setting up the yard."

"But I want-"

"No!" I stopped her. "I'm the maid of honor, and one of my responsibilities is calming you down. So go inside."

She didn't argue anymore, just dropped her head and walked in the house. I walked over to Johnny and Matt, who were setting up chairs for the guests. When I reached them, Johnny looked at me with a strange expression on his face. "Lindsey, I have to ask you this because you're Lacey's best friend, and I want the truth," he said. "Does she really want to marry me?"

I slung my arm around his shoulders. "Aw, Johnny. Of course she does."

"What's wrong with her then?"

I sighed. "She just wants everything to be perfect. So we have to do everything to make sure that it is."

><


I woke up to the sound of someone running down the hall. Matt's bedroom door flew open, and Lacey ran in and jumped on top of us. "Happy my wedding day guys!"

"Jesus, Lace," Matt said, laughing.

"I'm so excited!" she squealed. "Okay, I have to go get ready!" She hopped off the bed and ran back out.

"Why did we let her stay here again?" Matt asked, grinning at me.

"Because it's tradition!" I said. "Johnny can't see her until she walks down the aisle."

"So if we ever get married, I have to wait go a whole night without you?"

My stomach flipped when he mentioned us getting married. "You'll survive." I smiled and kissed him on the lips.

He put one arm around my waist and pulled me closer. "Are you excited about this whole maid of honor thing?"

I nodded and smiled. "Yeah, of course. Lacey's my best friend. I have to warn you though, weddings make me cry."

"Lindsey!" I heard from somewhere else in the house. "I need help!"

"Great," I said, smiling at Matt. "Let this crazy day begin."

Crazy was absolutely correct. I had to go get the flowers and the food and set all of that up, then by the time I got Lacey and myself ready, it was time to start. Lacey was a nervous wreck, which didn''t help.

"Lindsey, I can't do this!" she cried.

"You can, Lace," I said, looking around and making sure everyone was in their place. "In five minutes, you're going down the aisle. You'll see Johnny, and everything will be okay."

Matt was standing behind me with Leanna, since Jimmy was the best man and I was walking with him. He smiled at me, and I reached back and stuck my finger in one of his dimples. "Don't cry too much, okay?" he said.

Then, it was time to go. I linked my arm with Jimmy's, and made it to then end of the aisle without falling on my face. Johnny looked at me nervously. "How is she?" he asked.

"She's just fine," I whispered back. "She's a little nervous, but she'll be alright."

She was alright, of course. Once she came out and her eyes hit Johnny, she was smiling like I'd never seen her smile before. Everything went perfect, and I was sobbing like a small child less than ten minutes into the ceremony.
When it was over, everyone headed inside for the reception, but I ran right to Matt and jumped in his arms. He laughed and wrapped his arms tightly around my waist.

><


When the last guest finally left, and Johnny and Lacey were headed to their honeymoon, I flopped down on the couch and snuggled into Matt's side. "I'm so tired," I said.

He smiled and kissed my lips. "I love you."

I froze and just stared at him. "You...you do?"

He chuckled and kissed me again. "Not exactly the response I was looking for, but I'll take it. And yes, I do."

I slid my arms around his neck. "I love you, too."

He pulled me onto his lap and kissed me again, more passionately than before. His hands slid from my waist up to my back, and I could feel him messing with the zipper on the back of my dress. He eventually got it undone, and my dress hung around my waist as his lips pressed against my chest.

I quickly started working at the buttons on his shirt, but couldn't undo them because my hands were shaking too much. "Baby," he whispered, taking my hands off of his shirt. "It's okay. We don't have to."

I shook my head. "We've been together for six months. I've made you wait long enough."

"But if you're not ready-"

I placed a finger over his lips. "I am ready."

He didn't say another word. He stood up, took my hand, and we walked to the bedroom together.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, I hate this chapter. But it's okay, because I love you guys!

Alright, so of course thanks to my peoples:
catcraz826
Lloyd Christmas
Jimmy.Sullivan
PaleIsSexy
SarahHeroin.


And to the three who commented on my new stories!:
Jimmy.Sullivan
FaBzShadows
XJocyyyX