Status: Completed 7-6-2012

Beautiful Mess

Ashamed

"Lindsey, please call me back. I know we can work this out if we really try. Please, baby. I love you."

I sighed and tossed my phone onto the couch after listening to the latest voicemail from Matt. It had been three days since I'd seen him, and he had been calling me pretty much non-stop. Every time his name popped up on my phone, it took everything I had to hit ignore and keep going. I had to remind myself that this was for the best.

I knew the band would be leaving in a little over a week. Even though I decided to end it with Matt, it still broke my heart a little every time I thought about him leaving. Everything was just so confusing that I couldn't see straight.

><


Lisa hadn't said much since I told her what happened. She probably knew that I would jump down her throat if she spoke to me.

Eventually, she got brave, I suppose. "Things still rough with you and the cutie pie, huh?"

I looked up from the flowers in my hands an into her concerned eyes. "Things aren't anything with me and the cutie pie."

She crossed her arms over her chest and leaned back against the counter. "I know we're not great friends or anything and I really have no place to say this, but I think you should get back together with him." She stopped, waiting for my reaction I guess, and then when I said nothing she continued. "You've been moping around ever since you broke up with him. You're miserable, I can see it written all over you."

I shook my head and looked at my flowers again. "No, I'm fine."

She didn't get the chance to continue our arguement, because the glass doors flew open and Lacey came walking in. "Matt sent me here to talk to you, since apparently you won't return his calls. I'm sure you know, the guys are leaving tomorrow. All he wants is one chance to talk things through with you before he's gone."

I groaned and rubbed at my temples. "It would be better if we didn't talk, don't you think? It's over. We just need our space so we can move on."

She stepped up to the counter and leaned over it. "Lindsey, I am begging you as your best friend to talk to him. I've never seen him like this. He is completely miserable, and it's heartbreaking to watch."

"Lace, I can't. I know you all don't understand and think I'm being a bitch to him, but that's not what I'm doing. I'm being honest and saying that I am not strong enough to be with someone who's never around and if-"

"That's bullshit!" she screamed. "Look, I understand you have 'issues' and all that crap, but you love Matt and Matt loves you. In the end, that's all that matters. You would see that it's not a big deal if you would just give it a chance. I'm not going on this tour, you'll have me to hang out with until they come back!"

"I just can't," I said, shaking my head.

She slammed her hands down on the counter and got inches away from my face. "Lindsey Phillips, you are my very best friend. You are my sister, and I will never let anything change that, but Matt is my family, too. He is a great guy who is insanely in love with a great girl."

I just stared back at her, unsure of what else to do. I could feel my hands start to shake and my eyes fill with tears as Lacey continued yelling. "You should be ashamed of yourself. You hurt him, Lindsey, and I'm not okay with that."

She turned on her heel and stormed out the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, I know you guys aren't too happy with me, so I'm sucking up by giving you another chapter. And Lindsey getting yelled at :D

Woo, first story I've had to get 100 comments! I looove you:
dcyyy
pinkgrenade
rachemical
PaleIsSexy
SarahHeroin.
catcraz826
SevenfoldGirl_
uniqueluver20
Jimmy.Sullivan
FaBzShadows
gothique4