Status: Completed 7-6-2012

Beautiful Mess

Test

Getting my stuff out of Matt's house caused me to finally feel the separation. It made it feel like we were truly over. That being said, the next few weeks were extremely difficult.

Work was killing me. Things had never been this busy at the shop, and I was stressed beyond words. My body ached, I was tired all the time, and most days I didn't even want to get out of bed in the morning.

"Are you okay?" Lisa asked as I leaned back on the counter and groaned.

I shook my head and placed one hand on my forehead. "No. This place is stressing me out, and I just really want to go home."

"Are you pregnant?"

My head snapped up and I glared at her. "Absolutely not. Why would you even ask me that?"

She shrugged, her eyes moving down to the roses she was holding. "You just act like it, I guess. You're all sore and tired. Looking kind of bloated, too."

"What!?" I snapped, rubbing my hands down my waist. "You're completely insane."

"Hey, don't get mad," she said defensively. "I was just asking."

"I have to go," I muttered as I tore off my apron and walked toward the door. I got in my car and pulled out my cell phone to call Lacey. "Lace," I said when she answered. "I'm coming to your house."

><


I tossed the box onto the table right in front of the place where Lacey was seated. She picked it up and looked at me with wide eyes. "Oh my God. Are you...?"

I shrugged. "I don't know yet. I hadn't even considered the possibility until today, because Lisa thinks I look bloated."

"Are you late?"

"Yes," I nodded. "But I just figured it was because all of the stress from work. We've been really busy lately."

She tore the box open and dumped its contents out onto the table. "Here, go pee on this." She gave me the test and I took it to the bathroom.

When I walked back into the kitchen, Lacey was still sitting in the same spot and tapping her fingers impatiently. "Well? What's the verdict?"

I sat in the seat across from her. "I don't know, it's not ready yet." I rested my elbows on the table and put my face in my hands. "I can't handle this. If I am pregnant, I'm absolutely going to fall apart."

She reached across the table and gave my hand a squeeze. "No, you're not. I'm your best friend, and I will be here for you." She stood up and started down the hall. "I'm even gonna check this test for you."

I sat in my chair and waited, hands shaking the entire time. She came back and grabbed the directions for the test off the table. I chewed on my lip while she read over them. "Well," she said softly, "can I congratulate you, or is it too soon?"

I raised an eyebrow at her, confused. "What does that mean?"

She tossed the directions at me and placed the test on the table. "Check it yourself, Mommy."

I stared her down, trying my best not to cry. "No..."

She leaned down and gave me a hug. "It's okay, I promise. We can get through this."

I just shook my head over and over. "No, I can't. I'm not ready for this Lacey! I'm supposed to have a baby when I'm married, not with my ex-boyfriend!"

She sighed and hugged me tighter. "You have to tell Matt."
♠ ♠ ♠
As promised, here is your second update. Now don't go thinking that just because she's pregnant everything's gonna get all magical and fairy tale like. Keep bracing yourselves ;)

Okay so I'm going to my dad's tomorrow and I won't have access to a computer, so this might be the last update for a few days. If I have time, I'll post a chapter in the morning, but I'm not making any promises.

I love you!!!-
FaBzShadows
SarahHeroin.
mysocalledundeath
uniqueluver20
SevenfoldGirl_
catcraz826
Emmie_Bear
Jimmy.Sullivan
fightingthewolf
gothique4