Status: Completed 7-6-2012

Beautiful Mess

Sick

Before I knew it, Lacey was gone and a new girl was hired to fill her position. She was a small blonde girl named Lisa, and didn't like her the moment I saw her. She was way to nice, and had this all too bubbly personality that reminded me of Matt's girlfriend.

I sighed as Matt's face appeared in my mind once again. Honestly, I had thought of him quite often ever since he left me alone on the dance floor. I didn't understand what I was feeling about him. I wanted to talk to Lacey about it, but I obviously couldn't since she was gone. Plus, I knew that Valary was her friend, and I figured neither of them would be crazy about the idea of me daydreaming about Matt.

"Hello, lovely," Lisa said with a bright smile as she walked through the glass doors of the shop.

I mumbled a hello to her and kept my eyes on the arrangement that I was working on. "What's this for?" she asked, peering over my shoulder.

I opened my mouth to answer her, then my hands froze. I stared dow at the roses in my hands and almost laughed at how stupid I was. They were Matt's roses that he got every week. "Um, nothing. There's a customer who usually comes in every Monday and buys a dozen roses, but he's out of town. I just forgot that he was gone."

I had never been more excited to step into my apartment than I was when I got off of work that day. I pulled out my cell phone and called Lacey. I hadn't talked to her since she left, and I hoped like hell she would pick up.

"Linds?" she finally answered.

"Oh thank God you answered," I sighed. "I seriously cannot wait until you come back."

She laughed. "Bad day at work?"

"The worst. There's a new girl. Her name's Lisa, and I absolutely hate her. She's too chipper." I wanted to point out how much she reminded me of Val, but I bit my tongue.

"I'm so sorry," she said with a chuckle. "I'll be back before you know it."

There was an awkward silence, and I could tell she was just itching to ask me something. "So what was with you and Matt dancing at the bar?"

I groaned. "I don't know. He asked me to dance...he seemed like he was having a bad day."

"Yeah. Something's going on with him and Val. I think they're having some relationship issues."

"Oh," I said, unsure of what else to say. I felt sick when I realized that a little part of me was glad they were having issues.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short chapter. I think this is the shortest of the whole story actually.
I'm trying to get back into the habit of updating regularly, so yay!

Thanks for commenting:
gothique4
sexy motherpucker.
Rustie Vengeance
half mad.
isinhapaula