Sequel: Stay With Me
Status: Completed!

Rough Hands and Kind Eyes

Can This Be My Life?

It took Ellie a little bit to warm up and feel comfortable around The Staal's, but when she did it was like they were her own family. She had fallen in love with them. They were so funny and so down to earth, they made her feel right at home.

"Here you go, babe." Jordan stated, handing Ellie a glass of wine.

"Thanks, love!" Ellie smiled. Jordan walked back to the barbecue with his dad and brothers while Ellie sat out with Jordan's mother and the other wives.

"Have you lived in Pittsburgh your whole life?" Linda Staal asked, holding Levi on her knee.

"Yes!" Ellie nodded. "Born and raised."

"And Jordan says you own a bakery?"

"I co-own one with my mom," Ellie smiled. "It's right in downtown Pittsburgh. It's kind of hidden."

"How long has it been open?" Tanya asked, putting some sunscreen on Parker's face.

"Only about two years," Ellie replied. "But we've been doing really well!"

"That's fantastic!" Linda smiled. "Do you specialize in anything? Or does the bakery make all kinds of pastries?"

"Mostly cakes and cupcakes, but we do make mostly everything." Ellie smiled.

"That's awesome," Lindsay smiled. "You'll have to whip us up some while we're all here."

"I would love that," Ellie smiled.

After a quick dinner everyone went out and sat on the deck for a bonfire.

"So," Jordan stated, tugging Ellie onto his lap.

"So?" She smiled.

"My family adores you," Jordan whispered in her ear, sending chills all over her body.

"I adore them," Ellie smiled back. Jordan gave her a quick kiss.

"Between you and I, I think they like you more than they like me," Jordan smiled.

"I don't know about that," Ellie smiled. "I'm nowhere near as awesome as you."

"My mother adores you because you're a woman," Jordan smiled. "She's spent her whole life with five men, she's excited when she has more women around."

"I've spent my whole life with four women," Ellie smiled. "I love being around all these men."

"Easy," Jordan teased, squeezing her thigh and making her squeal. After a few more drinks and lots of s'mores later the Staals all moved to Eric's house or Jordan's guest house leaving just Jordan and Ellie at the bonfire.

"You're drunk, little lady." Jordan laughed, holding Ellie upright as he extinguished the hot embers. She swayed and spoke quickly and incoherently in his arms.

"Jordy, I didn't get to go swimming today!" She stated.

"Okay, gross. Don't call me 'Jordy'. What am I? Six?" Jordan laughed. "And you didn't want to go swimming today. You told me it was too cold."

"Let's go now!" She suggested, breaking free from him and making a run for the dock.

"Elle!" Jordan called, running after her. "Sweetie, it's not going to be any warmer in there than it was this afternoon. It will be colder."

Ellie peeled off her clothes and jumped into the lake, screaming as she surfaced.

"Ellie, get out!" Jordan laughed. "You'll catch a chill."

"You come in!" Ellie smiled.

"No way," Jordan replied, shaking his head. "There's no way I'm getting naked and getting in that water."

"Chicken," Ellie smirked. "Like you've never been skinny dipping before."

"Oh! I've been skinny dipping plenty of times. I've skinny dipped more in one summer than you have in your entire, sheltered life," Jordan smiled. "I'm just not doing it tonight in freezing water. Now, get out."

"You come in," She begged. "Please, Jordan."

"Fine!" He sighed. He tore off his bathing suit shorts, sweater and t-shirt and got in the water with her. He took her in his arms, keeping her afloat. He didn't trust her drunk and in this deep of water.

"You're so cute with your nephews, baby." Ellie muttered, kissing his neck.

"Easy," Jordan laughed. "I said I'd skinny dip with you out here, not have sex. Especially not with my parents, brothers and my nephews a few feet away."

"I love it here," Ellie stated, ignoring Jordan's comment. "The sounds, the vibe, your family. I love everything about this place. I want this to be my life. I love how carefree it is here. No responsibilities or anything. It's just amazing. No crazy ex-girlfriend of your's stalking me."

Jordan felt his heart fall to his feet.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have seven stars on this story?! I can't believe that! That's fantastic! Thanks everyone for reading!