Sequel: Stay With Me
Status: Completed!

Rough Hands and Kind Eyes

Stay Out of My Life!

Ellie woke up the next morning in a pair of Jordan's boxers and his sweater from the night before. The big bed was empty and cold on Jordan's side. Ellie lifted her throbbing head off of the pillow looking around the bedroom for him.

"Jordan?" She muttered, moving her messy hair out of her face. When she got no reply she pulled herself out of bed and shuffled her bare feet across the cold hardwood floor. She got out of his room and walked down the hallway being greeted by an angry conversation. Since she heard no other voice in the house she assumed it was on the phone. She stood near the doorway to the kitchen, listening in on the conversation.

"You seriously had the fucking nerve to go into my girlfriend's bakery and start drilling her about our relationship?" Jordan spat. Ellie had never heard him angry like that before.

"I didn't want her to know who you were and you fucked that up for me!" Jordan stated.

Ellie quickly realized that he was speaking to that girl who said she was his ex-girlfriend. The girl who had come into the bakery a few weeks ago. Ellie didn't like the girl. The way she spoke to her and the way she presented herself was off-putting.

"Why did you tell her that you were my girlfriend? You never wanted to be my girlfriend, Tess!" Jordan muttered angrily.

Ellie wondered what had happened between Jordan and this Tess girl. What happened between them that made him so angry with her?

"Stay out of my life, Tess." Jordan stated. "I'm serious. Stay away from me, my teammates, my family and especially stay away from my girlfriend. I mean it. She didn't do anything to you and she doesn't deserve you harassing her."

"Because I love her, that's why!" Jordan spat.

Ellie's breath caught in her throat. He loved her? She loved him, too, but she didn't think they were at a point to say it yet. She thought he might feel it was too soon for love or that he wanted to wait to say that.

"I don't need to explain anything to you, Tess."Jordan replied. "Please, stay out of my life."

He hung up the phone and sighed heavily. Ellie took it as her cue to walk out and say "good morning".

"There she is," Jordan smiled, acting as if he hadn't just been tearing this Tess woman a new asshole.

"Hi, honey." Ellie smiled, shuffling over to him.

"Where is your body?" Jordan laughed as they hugged, her body being swallowed by his clothes.

"It's in there somewhere!" Ellie laughed. "What's it like outside?"

"Rainy," Jordan replied. "They're calling for a thunderstorm. So we can just stay in all day!"

"Thank God," Ellie sighed happily. "I'm dying from last night!"

"Are you cold?" Jordan asked.

"A little," She nodded. "And my head hurts!"

"How about you get into bed and I'll bring you something to eat," Jordan suggested with a smile.

"No eggs," She stated. "I'll throw up."

"Okay," Jordan laughed. He kissed her forehead and sent her back to bed. Ellie crawled back into bed and cuddled under the covers waiting for Jordan. She couldn't keep her mind off of the phone conversation she'd walked in on. She knew she had to ask Jordan about it, but she didn't want to.

Jordan came in a few minutes later with toast, some fruit and a glass of juice.

"You're such a good boyfriend," She smiled. Jordan laughed and nodded.

"It's not much, but it'll do for the hangover." Jordan smiled. He kissed her forehead again and they chatted while she ate.

"Can I ask you something?" She asked, rubbing his left arm as it rested on her leg.

"Sure, babe." Jordan nodded.

"Who's Tess?" Ellie asked.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, my dear Penguins are out. It's sad, but I'm proud of them. A lot of people didn't think they could push it to a Game 6 and they did! I'm very proud of them and proud to be a Penguins fan!
10 stars on this story!? Thank you everyone for reading and leaving me comments and subscribing. It means so much to me! Please, keep it up. I appreciate your response so much.