Sequel: Stay With Me
Status: Completed!

Rough Hands and Kind Eyes

The Showdown

"I'm so sorry, baby." Jordan said for the thousandth time that night. He stood in front of her as she sat upright on the examination table.

"It's fine, Jordan." Ellie replied, holding a cold compress to her face. "It's not that bad, really."

"I shouldn't have let that happen," Jordan muttered. "I should have been looking out for you. I feel like the shittiest boyfriend ever."

"You're not," Ellie laughed lightly, reaching for him. "It happened faster than you think. I barely felt it."

"Well it still happened and now you're going to have this mark on your face forever," Jordan sighed, sitting down.

"It will be gone in a couple of weeks," Ellie assured him.

Ellie knew there was no convincing Jordan otherwise. He knew how badly he had messed up tonight. He blamed himself for everything.

"It all could have been avoided if we didn't go to that bar," Jordan muttered. "I knew Tess worked there and I just didn't even think about it when I made the plans with the team."

"Jordan," Ellie sighed. "How long are you going to blame yourself for this?"

"Forever," Jordan replied. "You got hurt because of my actions."

"Jordan," Ellie stated. "I forgive you, I forgive you the situation it was beyond our control. Please, can we just let it go so you can take me home now?"

-Earlier...

Jordan stood and watched as the woman of his past and the woman of his present stared at one another. He wondered what would happen. He wondered what Tess was thinking. She didn't look upset, then again Tess was never one to show emotion. Ellie didn't look upset either, mostly confused.

"Nice to meet you," Ellie stated, extending her hand. "Officially."

Jordan sucked in his lips, he knew Ellie had just made a subtle stab at the time Tess had come into the bakery and started drilling her on Jordan.

"You, too." Tess stated, her voice airy and without care. She gave a soft smirk and Jordan was enraged. He couldn't believe she was being this way, not even an apology for basically stalking his girlfriend.

"I heard you two went to Thunder Bay," Tess stated. "Must've been nice. Met the family and all, did you?"

"Yeah," Ellie nodded. "They're really great. They were really good to me."

Jordan had never brought Tess to Thunder Bay, she had only ever met his brothers by chance whenever they came through Pittsburgh. Jordan never wanted to associate Tess with his parents unless they had become official. Jordan thought Tess didn't care, but the tone of her voice suggested she was bitter towards him.

"Jordan never wanted me to meet his family," Tess stated, a sly smile on her face. She knew exactly what she was doing. She was pulling the sympathy card and he saw right through it.

"I can imagine some people might find you a little overbearing at first," Ellie stated, seeing right through Tess facade as well.

All Jordan could think of was how in love with Ellie he was in that moment. He and Tess both thought that Ellie would believe Tess and show her some sympathy, but Ellie wasn't having it.

"Excuse me?" Tess asked.

"I know all about you, Tess." Ellie replied. "I know your games and what you did to Jordan. I don't appreciate it and I definitely don't appreciate you coming at me. I've never done anything to you. I didn't steal Jordan from you. You let him go."

Tess took a step towards Ellie, but Jordan stopped her before anything could happen by placing a hand on her stomach. He shook his head at Tess.

"Get out of my bar, bitch." Tess spat, glaring at Ellie.

"With pleasure," Ellie nodded, walking for the door.

"Why do you have to do that?" Jordan asked. "Why do you have to act like I was the one who destroyed you?"

"Why did you bring her to my bar?" Tess asked.

"This isn't your bar," Jordan replied. "You're a bartender here. You don't own it. I brought her here because I love her and I wanted her to meet my teammates."

"You love her? You used to love me!" Tess yelled.

"You never loved me," Jordan shrugged. "Sometimes you just have to know a lost cause when you see it, cut your losses and find someone who loves you like you love them. Bye, Tess."

Jordan walked out of the bar after Ellie, completely enraged. He had been calm towards Tess, but inside he was fuming. He'd never been angrier at anyone before. Not his brothers, not an opposing hockey player. No one.

"Jordan?" Ellie asked as he grabbed her hand and led her to the car.

"I'm so sorry," Jordan sighed, as they started to drive.

"About Tess? It's nothing," Ellie replied, shaking her head.

"No, it is. It's not fair to you and I'm so sorry she came at you like," Jordan stated. "I was fucking thinking when I made the plans for us to go there. I forgot she worked there. Fuck, I forgot she even existed!"

"Jordan, it's fine. Please, slow down." Ellie stated.

Jordan didn't hear her, he kept rambling. "She would've fought you! She really would have! I couldn't forgive myself if something had happened to at her hand."

"Jordan, look out!" Ellie screamed.

Jordan turned out of his trance and saw the SUV stopped at a red light in front of them. He was driving too fast, if he stopped he would hit the person and hurt them. He veered off the road and drove down a hill. When he came to a stop all he did was scream.

"Ellie! Baby, are you okay?" Jordan asked, panicking.

"My head hurts," She stated, holding her head. He looked over at her and saw a bruise quickly forming above her left eye and some blood.

"Oh, fuck." He gasped, holding her face. He let her go and got out of the car and ran to her side, getting her out.

"I'm calling 911," Jordan stated, setting her on the ground.

"I'm fine," Ellie replied.

"No, you might have a concussion! You could be really hurt!" Jordan stated, fighting tears. "I'm so sorry, baby."

...

"I don't want to drive," Jordan whispered, coming out of his replay of what had happened earlier that night.

"You'll be okay," Ellie stated. "Drive slow and we'll be back at my place. We can go and lay in bed and watch movies. I'm not supposed to sleep anyways."

Jordan nodded.

"I'm okay, and I'm not mad," Ellie stated, hopping off the examination table and walking to him. She held his face in her hand and wiped away his tears.

"Take me home, Jordan."

Jordan nodded and stood up, holding her hand and gently leading her out of the hospital to his car.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for the continuous support with this story! Please keep it up! I really appreciate it! Drop me a message or send in those comments! I love them!