Sequel: Stay With Me
Status: Completed!

Rough Hands and Kind Eyes

Liar, Liar

"I hate this show," Jordan muttered as he brought more boxes of Chinese food into what would someday, if they ever got organized, be their living room. He sat beside Ellie on the floor amongst all the boxes as they watched Desperate Housewives.

"Well, I like this show." Ellie smiled. "And you love me so we're watching it."

"Fine," Jordan laughed, leaning against a large box picking up a box of food.

It had been about three months, close to four, since Jordan asked Ellie to move in with him. They had taken some time to date more and so that they could find a place they really loved. It had also been four months since Jordan had heard from Tess. He couldn't deny that he wondered where she was and if she was okay, but she didn't cross his mind too much. He figured they'd both had their time with one another and they were both moving on. He was getting exactly what he wanted.

Nothing had seemed to change since the text message Tess sent Jordan. Ellie and Jordan were still going strong, they fought a little more, but Eric had assured Jordan that it was normal.

"Baby, I'm so bored." Jordan sighed, laying on the hardwood floor. Ellie looked over at him and crawled over to him.

"You don't like watching the Housewives with me?" Ellie asked, straddling his waist. Jordan smiled and put his hands on her hips.

"I prefer watching you," Jordan smirked.

"Watching me?" Ellie asked.

"Uh-huh," Jordan smiled. He wrapped his left arm completely around her tiny waist and flipped her onto her bad in one fluid motion, holding his weight up on his right arm.

"Or being on top of you," Jordan smirked. "Either way."

"Jordan," Ellie laughed, blushing.

"Since it's our first night here what do you say we got upstairs and christen that mattress I have yet to put in a bed frame?" Jordan smiled.

"Okay," Ellie laughed.

Jordan got up off the floor and helped Ellie up before tossing her over his shoulder and carrying her upstairs to their bedroom.

After a couple hours of rolling around in bed together Jordan and Ellie finally fell asleep.

"Phone," Ellie mumbled into her pillow.

"Hmph," Jordan replied.

"Jordan! Your phone!" Ellie groaned, pulling the blankets up over her chest.

"What?" Jordan mumbled, lifting his head from his pillow. He looked on the floor near to his pants. He groaned and reached for his phone.

"Yeah?" Jordan sighed, answering his phone. "Tanger? You okay, buddy?"

"Is Kris all right?" Ellie asked, sitting up and looking at Jordan.

"Man, we were sleeping. Are you sure that you need my help?" Jordan sighed. "Call Talbot. Wasn't he in town this week?"

"Fine, I'll be right there." Jordan sighed, hanging up his phone.

"What happened? Is Kris okay?" Ellie asked as Jordan got out of bed.

"He's fine," Jordan nodded. "He just had a bit of car trouble and said he needed my help. Didn't want to call a tow truck or anything."

Jordan pulled on his boxers and then his jeans once more. He tugged on a t-shirt before crawling on the bed with her again.

"Go back to sleep, I'll be right back." Jordan assured her.

"Be safe," Ellie nodded. Jordan nodded and put a hand in her hair, giving her a kiss. Jordan got off the mattress and ran downstairs and out the door to his car.

Jordan felt a pang of guilt in his stomach. He hated himself for lying to Ellie. Kris wasn't having car problems. He was having Tess problems. Tess was back in Pittsburgh and causing problems at some clubs so Kris decided to call Jordan. Why Kris called him, Jordan was unsure but it happened and now he was stuck dealing with Tess again.

Jordan rubbed his tired face and ended up at the bar where Kris was. Jordan parked his car and got out.

"Where is she?" Jordan sighed when he met up with Kris at the front of the bar.

Kris nodded towards the front door of the bar. Jordan sighed and made his way inside, mentally trying to prepare himself for what was about to happen.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm forever astounded by the response this story gets, I just can't believe it. Thank you all for reading, subscribing and thank you a million times for your comments. I really LOVE getting them, so please keep it up!
This chapter is short as a lead up to the shit storm that is the next chapter. Who's excited?