Sequel: Stay With Me
Status: Completed!

Rough Hands and Kind Eyes

Battle Lines

She stood in awe listening to the conversation that was being held on the back patio. Jordan had cheated. Jordan, the perfect man, had cheated. He had played her like a fool making her think that he loved her. He made everyone think that he truly cared about her, that he would take care of her. He was the kind of man that built you up only to tear you down. She glared at him standing there, sobbing. She gently slid the patio door shut as not to make any sound and walked back towards where everyone is standing.

She spotted Ellie and grabbed her arm and pulled her into the kitchen.

"Angela, ow." Ellie laughed, pulling her arm out of her eldest sisters grasp. That was until she saw the wild look in her eye.

"What's wrong with you?" Ellie asked. "You look crazed."

"What's wrong with me? What's wrong with me is that my little sister's boyfriend is playing you for a fool," Angela whispered sharply, angrily.

"Excuse me? Jordan isn't doing that. What the hell are you talking about?" Ellie asked, confused.

"Jordan's been cheating on you," Angela replied.

Ellie's head went fuzzy. It was as if she could think no real thoughts. Nothing came to her mind. Her heart was racing and it was leaping up into her throat.

"I can't breathe," Ellie muttered, hyperventilating.

"Is everything okay?" Eric asked coming into the kitchen. When he saw the state that Ellie was in, he sighed.

"You found out about Jordan and Tess," Eric sighed, rubbing a hand over his face.

"Wait, you knew?" Both Ellie and Angela asked at the same time.

"He called me right after it happened," Eric sighed. "You have to understand he was so upset."

"I can only imagine," Angela glared. "He must've been real torn up inside."

"Okay, you have nothing to do with this." Eric glared right back at her. Ellie watched as the two eldest siblings from either family were toe to toe glaring at one another.

"I do, actually. Your little brother cheated on my little sister, so I have everything to do with this." Angela spat. "So tell me, how is Jordan after he lied to my sister? Go on and tell me how how he's heartbroken over the fact that he can't stay away from his old girlfriend."

"You don't understand or know anything about what happened between Jordan and Tess so you can't really say anything," Eric glared. "For a little girl you have a lot to say."

"Because this is my little sister," Angela replied. "If the tables were turned you would be defending Jordan."

"Defending Jordan why?" Came Jordan's voice behind her. "Why would Eric need to defend me?"

Angela went to take a charge at Jordan. Eric could see it in her eyes that she was going to slap Jordan. Just as she went to take a run at him Eric put an arm out and gently stopped her, mouthing a 'no' to her.

"Jordan," Ellie stated, her voice crackling with the sob that was lodged in her throat. "I need you to tell me something. Be honest with me, okay? Did you sleep with Tess?"

"You fucking told her!" Jordan shouted at Eric. "You told me you wouldn't say anything!"

"He didn't tell, you fucking prick! I overheard you telling your mom what a cheating scumbag you are and I told her," Angela shouted back at him. For a tiny woman she had a loud voice when she wanted.

"Ellie, I'm so sorry." Jordan sobbed, looking her in the face.

"Oh my God!" Ellie cried, the tears gushing from her eyes. "You did it! You actually slept with her!"

"I wanted to tell you, but I couldn't! I hate myself so much for this," Jordan sobbed, his hands were shaking as he reached for her.

"You made love to me after you fucked her!" Ellie shouted, pushing his hands away from her. "How could you even think about touching me after you touched her?"

"I wanted to erase it! I wanted to forget it," Jordan replied. "I wanted to tell you so bad. Please, just let me explain myself."

"Explain what exactly, Jordan?"Angela glared.

"Angela, shut the fuck up!" Eric and Ellie yelled together.

"What is going on in here? What's with all the yelling and cursing?" Esther Forester asked. She mumbled an 'oh, no' when she saw the state of Ellie and Jordan. She immediately knew that her daughter's worst fears had come to life. Jordan had, indeed, cheated.

"Jordan," Esther sighed, shaking her head.

"I know," Jordan sobbed, his face red and covered in tears. "I'm so sorry. I wasn't thinking and I was stupid. I never wanted to hurt you like that."

"But you did," Angela stated, leaning against a counter with her arms crossed.

"Do you ever stop talking?" Eric shouted, throwing his hands up in frustration.

"You know what, guys, let's give them a minute along." Esther stated, taking hold of Eric's forearm gently and nodding her head back to the other room.

"How could you do this to me, Jordan? What did I do to make you cheat?" Ellie asked softly, twisting her hands together.

"Nothing, baby. You did nothing wrong," Jordan sniffled. He made a bold move and walked quickly over to her. He took her face in his hands and backed her up against a wall. "I was way more fucked up about Tess than I cared to admit to myself or anyone else. Please, let me explain."

"I'm not ready for that," Ellie whispered, her hands on his sides. The fact that he was crying threw her heart even higher into her throat, but she couldn't help him. She could barely stand up straight.

"What do we do?" Jordan sobbed. "Please don't leave me."

"I just need to be away for a few days," Ellie whispered. "I'm going to stay at Sid's for a few days and then we'll talk it out, okay?"

"I love you so much," Jordan sobbed. "Can I kiss you?"

Ellie nodded. Jordan kissed her hard on the mouth, knowing he wouldn't be able to for a few days.

"I love you so much," He repeated.

"I love you, too." Ellie nodded. She pulled herself from his grasp and walked upstairs to their bedroom to pack a bag before going to Sidney's house.

Jordan pressed his back against the wall and slid down it. He sat down on the floor and sobbed. He didn't care if it made him weak, he didn't care about what people thought of him right now. He was lost, heartbroken and felt like the worst person in the world. He was filled with so much self-hatred, he didn't know what to do with it.

He couldn't lose her. How was he supposed to live without her?
♠ ♠ ♠
Stupid question: how do you do italics on here? So lost. I'd like to tell the story of Jordan cheating, tell his side of the story.
THANK YOU FOR THE COMMENTS. Keep them coming :)
I am stupid amounts of in love with this story. I will more than likely be making a sequel to it.