Sequel: Stay With Me
Status: Completed!

Rough Hands and Kind Eyes

Where To Go? What To Do?

Jordan sat in their empty house on Christmas Day. His family had decided to go home after the big blow-out between Ellie and Jordan. They figured that it was best if Jordan was by himself right now so he could work things out. His mom and Eric had offered to stay with him, but Jordan wanted to be alone.

He had met up with Ellie and talked about what had happened.

"You need to pick, Jordan. I can't make my decision until I know that you either want me 100 percent, or you want Tess 100 percent. You can't play us both, Jordan."

He didn't want her to think that he was 'playing' her. He wasn't. At least that wasn't his intention.

"I mean I understand that I rushed into my relationship with Ellie, but it was what I wanted. I thought I was ready," Jordan sighed, on the phone with Max Talbot. At one point he had considered Max and enemy, now he needed someone who wouldn't judge him. Max was never one to pass judgement.

"You were ready for a real relationship with Tess," Max stated. "Not just anybody."

"But I want to be with Ellie," Jordan mumbled.

"Do you?"

"Yes!" Jordan stated firmly.

"Why?" Max asked. "Other than the obvious that you say you love her."

"I do love her," Jordan replied. "I want to be with her because she makes me happy. She makes me laugh, she's my best friend, I can be open about anything with her. I can tell her anything. She supports me in everything that I do and she wants me to succeed. She genuinely cares about me."

"I just wish I knew if I did the same for her," Jordan whispered. "I was working so hard and trying so hard for her and I and I fucked it up. One decision. I wanted to prove that Tess and I could be friends and it wasn't a threat to Ellie and I."

"You made a choice, Jordan." Max stated. "Now you have to fix it. If you want Tess then you have to cut ties with Ellie. If you want Ellie then you absolutely have to cut ties with Tess, Jordan. Completely," Max stated.

"I know," Jordan sighed, laying down on his couch. "I want Ellie, I do. It's just hard because Tess."

"Look, you're always going to love Tess. It's just a matter of learning to let her go, just a little." Max replied.

"And getting Ellie to forgive me," Jordan sighed.

"I think I can help you with that," Max stated.

"You don't have to do that, Talbot." Jordan replied. "This is my mess."

"How many messes have you helped me out of?" Max laughed. "I'll help you with this. We'll figure out what we have to do."

"Thanks, Talbot." Jordan sighed. He knew it wouldn't be easy, but he would get Ellie back.

....

Ellie sat on the couch in Sidney's living room staring at a wall.

"You have a crack in that wall," She mumbled as Sidney walked into the living room, handing her a cup of tea.

"Are you ever going to talk to him?" Sidney asked, sitting beside her.

Sidney had flown home from Nova Scotia much earlier than he had planned, much to Ellie's protests. She didn't want him to feel like he had to come and take care of her, but she was glad he had come to see her. She needed a friend right now.

"I don't know," Ellie replied. "That depends on how long it's going to hurt to even look at him."

"Honey, he made a mistake." Sidney stated.

"You would defend him," Ellie mumbled, sipping at her tea.

"I'm not defending him, completely." Sidney stated."He's my friend and teammate."

"So you're telling me to forgive him so he doesn't play shitty after New Years?" Ellie asked.

"What? That's not what I said! Jesus," Sidney said. "Why do you do that? Just let me talk."

Ellie nodded and let him talk.

"Jordan loves you, he made a mistake. You know he's sorry," Sidney began. "Had it been you cheating on him I think he would forgive you. Obviously not right away, but he wouldn't ignore you. I think that you two need to talk and sort something out. You're perfect for each other."

"If we're so perfect together then why did he do it?" Ellie asked.

"I can't answer that for you," Sidney replied. "You have to answer it yourself."

Right as Ellie was about to tell him she didn't want to answer anything that involved Jordan, Sidney's doorbell rang. Sid sighed and got up to go to the front door.

"I don't know if that's such a good idea," Ellie heard Sidney say to whoever was at the door.

Jordan?

"Do what you have to do, but I can tell you right now she won't be happy about seeing you." Sidney sighed.

Ellie mentally prepared herself for being confronted by Jordan once more. She was fighting back tears and knowing that this would hurt a lot seeing him. Ellie closed her eyes, collected her thoughts and stood up. She waited, she heard the footsteps as they came closer.

"Ellie, someone is here to see you." Sid stated coming into the living room first. He put a hand on her back, giving her support.

"I'm going to fucking scream," Ellie mumbled, backing away.

"Please, just hear me out."

"I have nothing to say to you, Tess!" Ellie shouted.
♠ ♠ ♠
THANK YOU FOR ALL THE COMMENTS. I appreciate them so much.