Sequel: Stay With Me
Status: Completed!

Rough Hands and Kind Eyes

Two Can Play at This Game..

Tess laid in Jordan's bed, the sheets just coming up to her chest. Jordan laid beside her staring at the ceiling. All he could think about was what Craig and Marc-Andre had been talking about the day before.

Would Tess ever be ready to be with him completely? Would she ever want to be in a relationship? Or was casual sex all they'd ever be? Was he just setting himself up for heartbreak?

He knew that he was expecting too much from Tess. He knew that expecting her to change her ways just for him was crazy, but he wanted to believe she could. He wanted to believe that he would be the person she would change for. He was quickly realizing that this may be wrong.

"What are you doing tonight?" Jordan asked, testing his theory. He didn't turn over to look at her, but he already knew she was wearing that smirk on her face. The smirk she always wore, like she was superior. That she was just toying with him because she was bored.

"I'm heading to Philadelphia to see Max," She smiled. Jordan knew what that meant. Max and Tess had a better chance of working out and he and Tess did. Max and Tess were just good together.

Jordan got out of his bed and walked out of his room towards the kitchen. He grabbed his briefs on the way, sliding them on. He walked downstairs to his kitchen and grabbed his landline, dialling Flower's number.

"Bonjour," Came his voice over the other end of the phone.

"Hey, Flower. It's Jordan,"

"What's up?"

"Is that offer for Vero setting me up still on the table?" Jordan asked. He somewhat felt bad about using this girl for his own revenge on Tess. At the same time a part of him agreed with Craig. Maybe he could like the girl Vero set him up with.

"Absolutely," Flower replied. "I think the girl she wanted to set you up with is over now. I'll go get Vero."

Jordan nodded and waited for Vero to come on the phone. Jordan figured if Tess could jerk him around for this long, maybe it was time he started fighting back.

"Jordan!" Vero greeted happily. "Marc tells me that you are finally going to let me set you up!"

"Yeah," Jordan laughed. "I figured I might as well just give it a shot. What's the worst that could happen?"

"I'm so excited! Are you busy tonight?" Vero asked.

"Nope. I'm all free," Jordan replied. Tess descended down the stairs in Jordan's t-shirt and walked to the kitchen.

"Fantastic! Meet her at Tonic Bar and Grill at 8:30, okay? Her name is Ellie Forester." Vero replied.

"Ellie Forester. Tonic Bar and Grill at 8:30, I can do that." Jordan nodded. "Thanks, Vee."

Jordan hung up and looked down at Tess. She looked confused and almost, he was hoping, jealous. He said nothing to her. He just smirked, shrugged and then made his way upstairs to his bathroom. He had a date to get ready for.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to everyone who is reading this story! It means a lot! :)
If you could be so kind as to drop me a message or a comment, that would be lovely!