Sequel: Stay With Me
Status: Completed!

Rough Hands and Kind Eyes

Smooth Sailing

It had been a month since Jordan had "broken things off" with Tess and he had never felt better. He and Ellie were seeing each other a lot more. Once Jordan was back from a tiny road trip he went straight to Ellie's apartment for a nice at home date.

"Elle?" He called as he opened the door.

"I'm in the kitchen, doll!" She called. Jordan smiled, he didn't care that he thought "doll" was a too feminine nickname for him. He just liked the fact that the girl he liked felt the same way about him and was willing to show it.

"Hey," He smiled, leaning against the door frame. Ellie turned around, and skipped to him, hugging him tightly. Jordan laughed and hugged back just as tight. Ellie stood on her toes to give her more height as she kissed him. Jordan just smiled against her mouth and kissed back. He couldn't remember the last time he'd been kissed because someone missed him.

"Are you hungry?" She asked.

"When am I not hungry?" Jordan smirked. Ellie laughed and pulled him further into the kitchen.

"I made you cheese tortellini, grilled chicken and some asparagus," She smiled, showing him the brilliant meal she'd made just for them. "And for dessert I may have made some cupcakes."

"I'm going to get fat if I stick with you," Jordan smiled, placing his hands on her hips from behind. "All these cupcakes you make me."

Ellie co-owned a small bakery right in downtown Pittsburgh with her mother. If you blinked, you'd miss it. But if you were lucky enough to discover it, you'd never leave. Jordan was lucky enough to be dating her, so she made him little treats all the time.

"You could never be fat, Jordan." She laughed. "Besides, I'd like you just the same even if you were."

Jordan thought Ellie was fantastic. She'd achieved so much in her short 22 years. She had come up with the idea of the bakery herself and asked her mother to join her because she was the reason Ellie had started baking in the first place. Jordan thought Ellie was so smart and funny. He thought that she had so much more potential and he wanted to be by her side as she grew.

"Oh my God, babe." Jordan sighed happily once he finished dinner. "That was amazing."

"I'm glad you think so!" Ellie smiled.

"What are you doing on Thursday?" Jordan asked, helping clean up the kitchen.

"I've got nothing!" She smiled up at him. "Why?"

"I have a game Thursday night and I wanted to know if you wanted to come," Jordan smiled.

"Really?" Ellie asked. Jordan hadn't invited her to games yet. He had thought about it, but never went through with it. He didn't know if he was ready to have her watch him while he worked. It was a big step. He liked her a lot, so it would be a lot of pressure to do well.

"Yeah," Jordan nodded. "I could get you into one of the boxes so you could be with Vero."

"I would love that, Jordan." Ellie nodded.Jordan smiled and gave her a kiss.

He was so happy. He was so happy that he had found someone who was like him. Someone who wanted what he wanted. He did occasionally wonder what Tess was up to, but the thought never stayed with him for very long. He was in a great relationship with Ellie and wouldn't let Tess ruin it. Not when it was going so well with Ellie.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so happy with the kind response this story is getting. I also have 4 stars? That's just so great. Thank you all so much! Please, keep the good responses coming!