Status: officially begun(:

Chasing Cars

i know

“Crazy Carly! Crazy Carly! She’s so weird her daddy took off on a Harley!”

There were at least ten kids crowded around me, sing-songing merrily as they slowly backed me into a corner. My chest was heaving, an anxiety attack surely just a few moments away.

“That doesn’t even make sense!” I cried desperately, too panicked to even care about the insults they were chanting.

“Crazy Carly! Crazy Carly! She’s only at this school cause her mama slept with Mr. Charlie!”

My cheeks flamed red, my uniform suddenly feeling too tight around my neck. Their smirking faces were practically on top of me now, but I could barely breathe let alone speak or move.

“Crazy Carly! Crazy Carly!”

“Get the hell off of her you little bastards!”

The smug smiles on my classmates’ faces were instantly gone, replaced by pure fear at the sound of Ashley’s voice. Within seconds they had scattered. I was still frozen, my back pressed firmly against the wall they had forced me to. My wide eyes met with my sister’s. For a moment her green orbs flashed with anger so intense it was borderline hatred, but it was gone as quickly as it had come, concern taking its place. Her long arms reached out to pull my stiff form close. I melted at her touch, breaking down into sobs as she clutched me tighter.

“It’s okay. Shhhhh. It’s gonna be okay.”

“What did I do? Why do they hate me?” I blubbered, burying my face into her shirt.

“Nothing, Car. You didn’t do anything. They’re just being obnoxious little cunts.” When I didn’t respond Ashley pushed me away slightly to stare into my eyes. “Hey. How about we get out of here. We can ditch these stupid uniforms and go get some ice cream or wander around downtown. Okay?”

“Mom said we’re not supposed to ditch class.” Ashley’s emerald eyes flashed dangerously.

“And since when have you started listening to that whore?” I looked down shamefully.

“I don’t want to fight with her anymore, Ash.”

“Look, Carly, Mom doesn’t care about us. She doesn’t care about anyone but herself. But I love you. And I will
always take care of you.”

I lifted my head, my eyes searching hers. Every ounce of her previous anger was gone. I found nothing but complete and total love and sincerity. I nodded my head before wiping my eyes and threading my fingers through hers. She smiled down at me, and together we made our way out of the school.

It shouldn’t have been that way. My mother should have been the one I idolized, the one I listened to. But she wasn’t, Ashley was. And that was the beginning of the end.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't know why Carly's chapters always end up being so short :/

Thank you to all of my commenters!:
lovelyhope
newyork_xo
pelican park.
kierstlovesyou
JenniferC1994
useyourtelescope
and
galaxy
You guys are just the absolute best(: All of your feedback just makes me love writing this even more. Stay beautiful <3