Status: Comment and Subscribe and updates will be faster :)

Far From Never

Rud Contúirteacha

“Mother please?!?” the young, dark haired girl pleaded. An older woman with hair so dark red it looked like a burnt ruby paces in front of her daughter.

“What do you want me to do? Call off the wedding at the alter?!” the mother responds to her daughter with annoyance in her voice.

“No I want you to call it off now! Call it off before we get to the alter!” the daughter raises her voice, getting desperate.

“We need this, our people need this. For our protection and theirs you two need to go through with these marriages whether you like it or not!” the mother stopped pacing and faced her daughter at eye level.

The dark haired girl turned her head to the side so as to not look at her mother. Normally she was taller than her mother, she was taller than everyone actually, but now since her mother was in heels and she was in flats her mother looked her straight in the eyes. Her mother, although normally quiet and meek, was always frustrated when it came to her daughter.

The red haired woman stares holes in her daughter’s head as she turns away. She had seen it, in her eyes before she turned away, a flash of her mother; intense, sharp, and with so much more to say. But she bit her tongue, like always. “Go” she demanded her ‘daughter’.

At her mother’s command, the dark haired girl leaves the room. She makes her way upstairs, with spite so dark and deep in her that she doesn’t even realize it’s there. And that spite is a dangerous thing.