Geheimnisse

Tom's Discovery

Taking time off of touring to record the new album was pure bliss for Tom Kaulitz. Touring was wearing him down. Yes, he loved what he did for a living more than anything, but he was sick of the side effects. Sick of fan girls, sick of traveling, sick of everything. The band was more than exhausted. It was late 2008 when management finally gave the boys the long break they deserved. They were to return to promo work and concerts in June 2009. So far, their time off in the New Year was wonderful. They were all writing new material, relaxing, practicing, and spending time with their families. There was nothing out of the usual. Well, except for one thing.

Bill had found love.

A secret love.

Tom was infuriated to no end. Bill told his older twin everything. They knew everything about each other. Why was Bill keeping such a huge secret from him? What was so shocking that nobody knew who Bill's girlfriend was?

"I told you," Bill said with a sigh, "I want to keep her out of the public eye."

Both twins were in their apartment. They were seated on the couch, watching shitty soap opera re-runs. Fun, fun.

"I understand that. What I don't understand is why you can't even tell your closest friends and your own brother who she is."

Bill's facial expression gave Tom an uneasy feeling. The younger twin looked away, refusing to face his brother.

"You wouldn't understand, Tom. Nobody would. Just leave it at that."

Tom wouldn't drop the subject. He was so curious, so interested. Tom was always more stubborn than Bill, although he'd never admit it.

"No!"

Tom stood up and looked Bill in the eyes.

"Come on, Bill. You don't fucking trust me anymore?"

Bill walked away from him and into the kitchen area.

"I trust you, but some things just need to be kept to myself. I'm sorry."

Neither said a word after that. Tom finally spoke up after five minutes had gone by.

"Whatever, man. It's cool. I'm going somewhere with Andreas. I'll be home late."

With that, Tom stormed out the front door and slammed it behind him.

- - -

He was coming home a lot earlier than originally planned. Tom and Andreas were supposed to go out for lunch, visit the G's, get something for dinner, and then spend the rest of the night at a party. Tom's night was supposed to end around midnight. Instead, it was seven thirty at night when he found himself getting into his car and driving back to the apartment. All he could think about was how bad he made Bill feel. He pried into the poor kid's privacy and then bitched at him for it like some nosey Gossip Girl.

"I need to apologize to him."

He parked the car outside of the complex and then entered the building. Their home was on the fifth floor of the building. He didn't feel like taking the elevator. Tom took the steps two at a time, wanting to get there quickly.

"Bill, I'm really sorry... no, that sounds too generic."

All the while, he was thinking of the perfect way to beg for forgiveness. When he finally reached their door, he'd gone through several options and simply decided to go with the old "I was right and you were wrong" card. Hey, he was apologizing in the first place. This was going to earn him brownie points no matter how it was said. Tom put the key in the lock and turned it. He pushed the door open, not even bothering to knock first. As he closed it behind him, he heard strange noises. They sounded like... oh, God. Did he come home to find his brother having sex with her?

"This is too good not to barge in on!"

He assumed that the duo didn't hear him open the door. Slowly, he tip-toed his way to his brother's bed room. The noises got somewhat quieter but did not cease. The older twin swung the door open, pretending to look surprised and make it seem like an accident.

"Oh shit, my ba- oh, my God!"

He didn't have to act shocked, he was.

There, in the bed where Bill and his tiny little frame slept each night, was said boy.

With another man.

A man.

All three had terrified expressions on their faces. The man's, however, was a bit more relaxed. Bill gulped and looked down before looking at Tom. Tom was too busy staring at the body next to his brother to notice. He had an average build, colored with many tattoos and some piercings. A timid voice filled the air.

"Tom, this is, um... Frank, my boyfriend."