Sequel: We Will Be Unbroken
Status: completed<3

This is a Rebel Love Song

I don't owe you anything

" Marilyn!" Her father's voice boomed through the house, causing the thin, plaster walls to vibrate.

Marilyn entered the living room where her father sat and placed a plate of food in front of him. She turned to walk away but her father grabbed her hand and caused her to turn back around. He pointed to his cheek as she obediently but unwillingly leaned down and gave him a small kiss. As she was walking away, her father called out, "You owe me for tonight."

Under her breath she said "I don't owe you anything." Marilyn walked into her small, sky blue room and closed the door. She flopped onto the bed, put her head down and began to cry. Suddenly she heard a tap on the window. She slowly approached the large window and drew back the curtain. Standing there in front of her was the boy from that night.

"Why are you crying?" He asked as he took his hand and wiped away her tears. She pointed to the fresh bruises all over her arms and legs that came from her father's drunken rage a few hours ago. The boy took her arm in his hands, brought it to his lips and kissed each bruise, tenderly.

She smiled at him and said "What are you doing here, anyway?"

"I'm busting you out of here. Pack your bag. I'll be waiting for you in the car out front."

She watched the boy jog back to the car and then began to pack. As she put the last few things in her bag, she heard her father's footsteps. She ran to the window and hopped out onto the soft grass. She ran to the car as her father burst through the bedroom door to find the room empty and the window open. Her father was furious but Marilyn didn't care. She jumped in the car and prayed she would never have to see her father ever again. She and the boy sped off into the dark and starry night.
♠ ♠ ♠
special thanks to 'BlackVeilBridesGirl' for commenting! i'm sorry it's short but hey at least its an update right? hope you're enjoying it and sorry its taken so long to put this up! i've been super busy and haven't had any time to write. hopefully i put up more soon so subscribe and comment and tell people about it!