Sequel: We Will Be Unbroken
Status: completed<3

This is a Rebel Love Song

Tattoo time

They pulled up to a small building with a neon sign in the window saying 'Tattoos'. A shiver ran down Marilyn's spine as she stepped out of the car and onto the gravel parking lot. The gravel crunched beneath her feet as she took each dreaded step. The bell above the door jingled as Andy led Marilyn through the door and to the desk where they met a rather intimidating looking man. He was about 6'3'', bald, had tattoos covering his arms and neck and looked to be about in his thirties. "So," His voice bellowed, "How can I help you today? My name is Rick."

"Hi, I'm Andy and this is my... Marilyn. This is Marilyn. We were actually wondering if she could get a tattoo today?" Marilyn actually thought that reckless Andy was afraid of the huge man.

"Sure," Rick said, "Come right over here and we'll get started."

He led Marilyn to a cushioned chair and as Andy followed behind. Marilyn sat down as Rick said "I'll be right back. I just have to get some stuff first."

Marilyn let out an exasperated breath as Andy sat on a stool next to her. "Are you ok?" He had a look of real concern on his face.

"Yeah, I'll be fine. Don't worry. I want this, I really do." She attempted to smile and hide how insanely nervous she was.

"Here." Andy said as he held out his hand. "Take your hand in mine."

This time, Marilyn smiled for real and placed her small hand in his big one.

"Alright, are we set? Do you know what you want?" Rick said as he returned from the back room.

Marilyn nodded. "I want it right here on my left shoulder. All I want it to say is 'free' in thick black cursive letters and a little pink heart next to it."

"You got it." Rick wasted no time. He carefully scripted each letter onto her pale white skin. He finished off the heart and said "There. Perfect. You like?" He held up a mirror and gave her one so she could see it.

"I... I-" She was at a loss for words.

"You don't like it... Do you..." Andy said sadly.

"No, Andy, I... I love it! It's perfect! It's just what I imagined it would look like!"

She hugged Andy and then threw her arms around Rick and thanked him as well.

"Well, we better get going. We don't want to keep the guys--and girl--waiting. Thanks again, Rick, for everything." Andy said as he snaked his arm around Marilyn's tiny waist and led her back to the car.

"So, ready to hang out with a bunch of rock stars tonight?" Andy laughed and Marilyn laughed along with him.

"Ready as I'll ever be."
♠ ♠ ♠
hope you like it still! Marilyn's tattoo sorta means that all she's ever wanted to be is free from her father and now with Andy she finally is. but anyway chapter 8 should be on its way soooon i hope! comments? thank you to my last commenter: xXRememberTheDaysXx, my commenters and readers are the best! 44 readers, 5 subs(: I’m happy!