Status: New. I'm not sure how this will end up going. I'm trying it. <3

Greyhound Bound for Nowhere

012

The day of the next game came quickly. It was pretty early in the morning, and for some reason Jordan and Sidney were both here. It’s like they were attached at the damn hip.

I had my bedroom door open, and I was blasting Pandora radio, using the i-home I stole from Leah. S.E.X by Nickelback had come on, and I was just dancing around. I had on the jersey that I’d stolen from Leah. I hadn’t put any pants on yet, as the jersey was ridiculously long on me. I was planning on wearing pants, don’t worry.

I sang along as loud as I could too, and when the song ended, Sidney and Jordan both were standing in my doorway.

“Uh, did you guys need something?” I asked, raising an eyebrow. I saw Leah come in between the two of them.

“They were just leaving to meet up with the team, right boys? You’re such a skank, sis, and I say that lovingly.”

I just laughed, “It’s not my fault they were staring at me.”

“Sorry, Avery, I couldn’t help it,” Sidney teased.

“Oh you know you want this.” I walked over to the door, and went to shut it, “I’ll see you at the game, Sid.”

He smirked and shook his head. I watched as Leah smacked Jordan on the back of the head for “staring at her sister when he shouldn’t have been.”

It was pretty amusing to say the least. I finished getting ready, and yes, put on pants.

“You ready sis?” Leah asked, knocking on my door.

“Yeah.” I grabbed my purse and phone, and walked out of my room.

“Is Vero coming with us?”

“She will be there, but won’t be until later. I think she said something about riding with Kris’ fiancé.”

“Oh okay.”

I followed Leah out to the car and got into the passenger seat. Before we left town, we stopped and got breakfast.

“So, do you want to do something to your room soon?”

“Really?”

Leah laughed as she took a bite of her biscuit, “Yes, really. You’re not leaving me. I’m also inviting you into the shop on Monday. I’m kind of in and out right now because of these games, but I do have a shop manager. Her name is Allie, and you will adore her.”

“Sounds good to me. I’m just not sure about the room. I don’t know what colors or anything.”

“Well, you will find something, I’m sure.”

Getting comfortable in a long car ride isn’t easy. I don’t think I could have made it on a bus all the way out here.

“Avery Jane, would you stop fidgeting? You’re making me nervous.”

“I’m sorry. I’m just so uncomfortable.”

“You wanna stop and stretch for a minute? We’re about two hours away.”

“Nah, I think I’ll be okay.”

Leah shrugged in reply, and I finally just gave in to being uncomfortable. My phone going off about scared me to death. It was Kalen.

“Hey sis….”

“Hi.”

“Listen, I’m really sorryyyy.”

“Kalen, you sound drunk. It’s ten in the morning here, which means it’s seven there. What are you doing drunk?”

“I’m just so sorry for what I said. I hate not talking to you. It’s been almost a week since you left. I miss you.”

“I miss you too Kalen. I love you, but you need to sleep that shit off. Call me when you’re not drunk.”

I hung up on him and sighed. How did all this shit get so fucked up? I let my emotions get too involved, I guess. My tattoos don’t mean a crock of shit if I’m not following what I said to Sidney. I was really sincere in what I said, but I still love Brian, or I think I do anyway.

“Avery, wake up.” I was being poked in the cheek by my sister.

“Hey, we’re here. The game starts at 7:30, so I figured we could just wonder around town.”

“I’m not going to die for wearing my jersey right now, am I?”

“Um, you might wanna change for a bit. That jersey is huge on you anyway.”

“Yeah, it is. I’m pretty sure Sidney noticed it was his game worn one. I’m sure with them catching me dancing around to that song, he was wondering what it’d look like on his bedroom floor.”

“Eh, probably.”

“Well, too damn bad. It’s not happening.”

“Avery, calm down. He’s still recovering from crazy bitch. You remember I told you he had the hots for you.”

“Whatever, let’s find somewhere to eat, and maybe shop?”

Leah agreed, thank god. I was hungry again.

It was finally game time. Leah and I had bullshitted around town and time flew by. I had changed back into Sid’s jersey, and we found out seats with Vero and Lucy, Kris’ fiancé.

Malkin got the first goal for the Penguins in the first period after the penalty, making it even between the two teams.

“YES!” Leah screamed beside me. I forgot how competitive she really was.

If I thought that was excited for her, when Jordan scored a goal, she had a fit. He let her know it was for her too.

“See how much he loves me?” she joked.

“Yeah, scored a goal for you, how cute,” I teased.

Well, Sidney scored one too, and he let me know it was specifically for me.

“Uh, girl, you need to jump on that!” Leah exclaimed, “Cuz that one was for you.”

“Oh hush, it was not.”

“We will see.”

The Penguins won ten to three. Leah dragged me down to the locker room behind Vero, and we waited until everyone was done with all the media. Leah pushed me towards Sidney and winked before making her way over to Jordan.

“Hi,” I said.

“Hey,” he replied, his grin on his face completely infectious.

“So, now that I understand the game a little better, congratulations on winning the game.”

“Thanks, and you do know that goal was for specifically for you, right?”

I bit my piercing, nervously chewing on it, “Leah said it was, I didn’t want to believe her.”

He chuckled, “And why not?”

“Um, because you just met me, and I’m not worthy? I’m totally kidding on the not worthy part.”

“Well, you’re awesome, and I feel like we’re friends, so why not? Besides, it’s the playoffs, and I’m glad I have someone new in my life.”

“Well, thanks, Mr. Hockey Star for thinking I’m awesome. I’m flattered.”

He smiled, “Good. We’re all going to celebrate when we get home. I think we’re hitting up Diesel, you in?”

“Oh hell yeah, you know I never turn down the chance to party.”

“Great,” he hugged me, “I’ll see you in a bit then.”

Oh boy, was I in trouble.