Status: New. I'm not sure how this will end up going. I'm trying it. <3

Greyhound Bound for Nowhere

017

I was woken from my drunken slumber by the door bell, and I sighed as Sidney stirred next to me. I slipped on his button up shirt over my bra and made sure my underwear were covered. I walked out of my bedroom, and to the front door. I opened it slightly.

“Brian?” I asked, shocked to see him standing in front of me.

“Avery….hi,” he replied, raising an eyebrow at my attire.

“Uh, you wanna come in?”

He nodded, and I moved aside.

“Um, I’ll be right back.” I walked back into my bedroom, and found some sweatpants before I slipped them on.

“Who is it?” Sidney asked, sitting up.

“Um, just someone from back home. Go back to sleep, babe.” I kissed his cheek and he lay back down. I walked back into the living room, and gave Brian a pointed look.

“What the hell are you doing here?”

Brian ran his fingers through his hair, “Michelle left me. We’re getting a divorce. She found out about what happened between us, and I also believe she will be calling you soon to confront you.”

“What about your baby with her?”

“We’re going to share custody after she’s born…..”

I shook my head, “That still doesn’t answer my question about why you’re here.”

He sighed, “Isn’t it obvious? I came for you.”

“Brian, you know I have been in a relationship for the past month. I spent my birthday with him yesterday and you’re kind of ruining my after birthday party.”

“Yeah, I knew you had a boyfriend, but….”

“What? You thought that if Michelle found out about us and left you, that I’d drop everything and come back to you?”

He huffed, “well, yeah, actually because I thought you loved me.”

“I did Brian. I fell so in love with you, but it was wrong. You and I both know that, and now that Michelle knows about us, it for sure can’t happen. Besides, I care a lot about my boyfriend.”

“He’s here, isn’t he? That’s his shirt, right?”

“Yes.”

“I want to meet him.”

“He’s sleeping, Bri, and I don’t think it’s a good idea.”

“Does he not know what happened between us or something?”

“Oh, he knows, he was here the night I got here, but I waited to actually tell him the story. I also don’t keep any secrets from Sidney.”

“Why the hell are you dating some guy with a girl’s name?”

I rolled my eyes at that comment, “It’s a guy’s name too.”

“Avery, what can I do to change your mind?” He came closer to me and I backed away.

“Nothing you can do will change my mind. I know I haven’t been with him long, but I really care about him and he cares about me. I know that for sure.”

“Well, what does he do for a living?”

“Why does it matter?”

Brian laughed, “Just humor me.”

“He’s the captain for the Pittsburgh Penguins.”

“A hockey player? For real, Avery? I’ve heard that guy is an asshole anyway….”

“Shut the fuck up Brian. You don’t even know him. If all you’re gonna do is trash talk my boyfriend, you need to fucking leave, now.”

“Fine,” he said, going to the door, “I don’t wanna be around some puck bunny anyway.”

“You don’t even like hockey, how the hell do you know what a puck bunny is? Furthermore, you should find someone else to be your damn groupie.”

Brian said nothing as he stalked out the front door, slamming it as hard as he could, and I knew that it had woken Sid up, if he wasn’t already awake again.

“Who the hell was that?”

I turned around as Sidney walked into the living room.

“That would be Brian.”

“Wait, Brian, the one who was in the drama of you coming out here?”

“Yep.”

“What did he want?”

“Apparently, someone told Michelle about what happened and she left him. She told him she wanted a divorce and they’re going to share custody of their kid when she’s born. He came here thinking I was waiting on him…..”

Sidney wrapped his arms around me, “No, he can’t have you anymore. You’re mine.”

I smiled, “And you’re mine.”

“What time is it?”

“Um, just after nine a.m.”

“God, that asshole woke me up.”

I laughed, “Go back to bed babe, I’m surprised Leah and Jordan or Kalen didn’t get woken up from that shit.”

“Yeah, I know.”

“What I wanna know is how Michelle found out. Kalen wouldn't do that to me, even if he didn't agree with it. He’s the only one who knew out there….”

“Hm, I don’t know. Let’s go back to sleep, and we will figure it out later.”

“Okay, I kind of hope Michelle does call me.”

We walked back into my bedroom, and crawled into the bed. Sidney pulled me to him, and wrapped his arm around me.

It didn’t take me long to drift back off to sleep.

Later on that day, I was surfing the internet, and came upon one of the blogs sites for Animosity. To my surprise, mine and Sidney’s picture was on it.

“KALEN!” I yelled.

He came into the living room, and looked at me.

“Mine and Sidney’s picture is on one of those Animosity blog sites, and a picture of Michelle and Brian.”

I continued reading what was posted under it, “holy fucking shit. Everyone knows now. Shit.”

“Knows what?” Kalen asked.

“About what happened between me and Brian.”

“Oh man. I’m sorry sis.”

“It’s whatever.”

Kalen sighed and sat down on the couch next to me as Sidney walked back into the apartment.

“So, everyone knows about what happened with you and that guy in California,” Sidney said, pulling me up from the couch and making me follow him to my room. He closed the door and we sat down on my bed.

“Yeah, I just read some blog that had our picture on it. The fans of Animosity and Avenged are just involved and nosy in their lives as they are in yours. It comes with the fucking territory I guess.”

Sidney huffed, “Don’t listen to a damn word they say. I want to know how they even knew.”

“Yeah, me too. Ya know. the picture on the blog was out in front of the apartment.”

“Was it?”

I nodded.

“I think I know who did this.”

We looked at each other and said it at the same time, “Amy.”

I rolled my eyes, great.

Five minutes later, my phone rang. I looked at the caller id.

Michelle

“I’ll be in the kitchen.”

I nodded and hit the green button.

“Avery, how could you do this to me? I thought we were friends. Friends don’t do that shit to each other, and now I will be raising my daughter by myself.”

“I’m sorry Michelle. I really am. When I found out you were pregnant, I ended it right then. That’s part of why I left California. I do not excuse my actions or have a reason for them. It was fucking stupid of me to think that Brian loved me. The only person he should have been with is you. Not only do I have to live with the repercussions of ruining our friendship, plus the friendship I have with everyone else there, I have possibly ruined my relationship with my boyfriend now because he’s in the limelight too.”

“Sorry isn’t good enough Avery. It doesn’t matter if you ended it right then, it’s the fact that it happened in the first place. It took me a little bit to believe Amy, because she said she knew you. I didn’t think she’d make something up like this though so I believed her. Brian came clean to me last night, and he was gone when I woke up this morning. I assume he caught a red eye flight out there to see you. Oh, and who is that boyfriend you have now? I’m sure he didn’t know about you slutting around with my husband.”

I sighed, “Of course it would be that fucking crazy bitch Amy. I guess me knocking her in the face obviously didn’t teach her anything. My boyfriend is Sidney Crosby of the Pittsburgh Penguins, and yes, he did know what happened but he chose to let it go because it’s in the past. I’ll admit he didn’t think too highly of me at first. Oh, and Amy is Sidney’s crazy ex-girlfriend who has been stalking Sidney since they broke up. Good fucking job at trusting that bitch. Yes, Brian did come out here. He showed up on my doorstep this morning and woke me up from where we had been drinking last night. I told him to fuck off basically.”

“Well, you can fucking have him, Avery. He’s dead to me, and so are you. Lose my fucking number you stupid fucking slut. And that goes for the rest of the guys and girls. They don’t want anything to do with your trifling ass.”

Beep. Call ended.

I sucked my lip ring into my mouth, and tried not to cry. I took a breath. This is my karma. What goes around comes around, so I deserve this. I will take my punishment and act like it doesn’t bother.

Who the fuck am I kidding? Of course it fucking bothers me. I’ve just lost most of my friends.

My bedroom door opened, and Sidney rushed over to me.

“You okay?”

I shook my head no as I let tears fall.

“I’m so stupid Sidney. I’ve ruined everything I’ve ever had.”

“Baby, you haven’t ruined everything. You still have me, and your sister and Jordan.”

He wiped the tears from my face.

“I won’t have you if the rest of your crazy fans find out about it, and if Amy has it her way she will. She found Michelle, and told her everything. She confronted Brian last night.”

“I won’t let them ruin us, babe, I promise.”

“Pinky promise?”

He held out his pinky and hooked it with mine, “Pinky promise.”

I only hoped he would be able to keep it.