Status: Working Progress

Love Lost in a Forbidden Valley

A Day Out

Image

I woke up, warmer than usual, light snores coming from either side of me. There was pressure holding me down.

Draco’s arm was draped around me.

Oohhh boy.

Should I move it?

Nah, it feels so nice,

But it’s so wrong.

I sighed heavily, and slowly removed his arm from my waist. He groaned, and rolled over. I moved from away from him and lifted Scorpius up.

He yawned and smiled at me, completely oblivious on what happened yesterday.

“Mommy where are we going?”

“To go get some breakfast,” I told him.

He jumped off my arms, and ran to the table.

Scorpius looked at me excitedly, “What are we going to eat?”

“Anything you want,” A voice said from behind me.

I turned around and Draco was standing in the doorway.

Scorpius’s eyes grew wide.

“I want ice cream,”

Draco shrugged.

So I intervened, “No ice cream,”

“Aw Adriana, c’mon let him—”

He cut off from the look I was giving him.

“Okay, no ice cream,”

Scorpius’s face turned down at the sides.

“but I’ll buy you some, when we go to Diagon Alley later,”

My ears perked up to this, “What are you talking about?”

“I’m taking you and Scorpius to Diagon Alley for new clothes and toys for him,”

Scorpius seemed excited to the news, “We’re going to Diagon Alley!”

“Ginger,” Draco shouted out.

There was a pop, “Yes, Young Master Malfoy?” a very familiar elf said.

“Bring us, chocolate chip pancakes, sausages, and orange juice,”

I glared at him, “Please,” I added.

“Mistress Adriana is back I see,” she said bowing down.

“It’s good to see you Ginger, this my—”

“Our—”

“Son Scorpius,” I finished.

She turned towards him and bowed, “Master Scorpius,”

He smiled at her. She bowed again and apparated out.

“Draco, what are—” a lady’s voice rang, but she stopped mid-sentence.

I turned around, and was looking Narcissa directly in the eyes.

Her voice came out in a mangled whisper, “Adriana?”

I nodded slowly.

She ran towards me with her arms wide open, I reluctantly went into them.

“Oh sweetie, it’s so good to see you again, what are you doing here?”

I looked at her confused, at of all people I thought she would have been first to know.

“Oh, sweetie you don’t have to tell me.”

She looked behind me, and her eyes lit up.

“Is this my grandson?” she asked her eyes never leaving her his face.

“Yes it is,”

She gasped and took him in her tight grasp.

“Oh he’s gorgeous; he looks exactly like you Draco. Except for his eyes, he has your eyes Adriana,”

I looked at Scorpius, who was giving Narcissa a horrified look; I let out a soft laugh.

“Scorpius this is your Grandmother,” I told him.

She brought him on her lap, “So what are you three doing today?”

“Daddy is taking us to Diagon Alley,” Scorpius exclaimed. It’s amazing how comfortable he can be with someone he just met.

“Sounds enticing,”

There was a crack, and Ginger walked in with several plates in her hands.

“Masters Food,” she bowed.

“Thank you Ginger,” Scorpius and I said in unison.

Narcissa and Draco just gave her a curt nod.

Narcissa asked endless questions about Scorpius. Most of which surprised Draco. Like the fact that Scorpius’s birthday was in three days, the same day as his, and a week before mine.

“Are you two ready?” Draco’s voice called from the doorway, just as pulling Scorpius’s shirt over his head.

I nodded solemnly and followed him down the stairs toward that oh so familiar fireplace. I took Scorpius’s hand and we walked into the fireplace first. “Diagon Alley,” the room started to spin around us, and we landed with a heavy thud. Draco followed us soon after.

The first words out of Scorpius’s mouth were, “Can we go into the Magical Menagerie?”

I laughed, which only seemed to confuse Draco.

“That’s his favorite store,” I explained, and hurried after Scorpius, who was already walking through the doors.

“Ah Miss Smith, I see you brought Scorpius out again.” Barty said, “And might this be his infamous father that I’ve heard so much about,”

“So you’ve been talking about me?” Draco smirked.

“I wouldn’t be so happy lad; she didn’t tell me any flattering stuff,”

Draco’s smirk disappeared, which brought one to my face.

“Mommy, can I get this?”

I followed his voice, and oddly enough it led me straight to that three headed serpent.

“We’ll see what you get for your birthday,” I told him, his face turned down, but he was still watching the snake intensely. I turned around and Draco had walked away and was chatting up with Marty.

“What’s going on?” I asked as I approached them.

“I was just asking Marty here, if he could make sure no one bought the snake,” he told me.

“Oh,” was all I could manage.

Scorpius ran up to us, “Mommy can we go to Uncle Fred and George’s shop?” he asked me.

“Um- I- we-.”

“How about we go get some Ice cream,” Draco to the rescue.

“Let’s go,” Scorpius said excitedly.

‘Thank you’ I mouthed to him.

[Draco’s POV]

She took Scorpius’s hand and walked towards the ice cream shop.

The store manager ran up to me, “Wait Mr. Malfoy, I was supposed to give this to Miss Smith. Can you give it to her?”

I took the book from his hands.

It was the book her father gave her for Christmas five years ago.

I walked out of the store to catch up with them.

“What’s that in your hand?” she asked.

“It’s nothing,” I told her quickly.

“DRAAAACO!” a voice rang from behind us.

Adriana stiffened, and I let out a deep sigh.

“Hi baby,” she took my hand completely oblivious to the others around her.

She pulled my face towards hers, and started to kiss me fiercely.

Adriana cleared her throat.

“What are you doing here with this slut?” she asked me, and then turned towards Adriana. “Is this your kid, looks like he’s going to grow up and become a low life just you.”

I pulled my hand away from hers, “Pansy don’t you dare—”

“No Draco don’t, I got this.” Adriana told me. “Look Parkinson you can talk about me all you want. But don’t ever talk about my son like that, ever!” then she laughed, “And for me being a slut, that’s really funny. Look at you Pug face, you’re standing next to guy who doesn’t even love you, and definitely doesn’t care about you.”

“Oh really? Then why has he been spending the last five years with me?” Pansy asked her.

“You really are as dumb as you look, your nothing but a sex toy to him, when are you going to get it through your thick ugly head. He doesn’t like you; if he did I’m pretty sure you two would be doing something more than shagging each other. And it’s a real shame that your letting him do this to you, I know you like Draco a lot. But you have to trust me on this; Draco has never cared for any girl in his entire life.” Her voice started to grow softer. “I don’t think he’s loved any girl either. Parkin—Pansy if you really cared about yourself you would leave him alone. At least he can say that he honestly truly loves you.” And with that she took Scorpius’s hand and they walked away.

Pansy turned towards me, “Draco do you love me?”

Oh no.

“Uh—I,”

“I can’t believe that Gryffindor slut was right,”

“Don’t talk about her like that Pansy,”

She looked at me in disbelief, “You loved her, didn’t you?”

“No that’s not true,” her eyes lit up, “because I still love her,”

Her face dropped immediately, “Draco, I think we should just stop,” and before I could say anything to her she walked away.

I sighed, and walked in the same direction that Adriana went.

“We should start shopping,” she said as I approached her.

“Um yeah,” I told her in agreement.

We spent the rest of the day buying mostly toys for Scorpius. She wouldn’t let me buy her anything, so she bought a couple of outfits for herself.

“We’re Apparating back,” I told her.

She nodded and took Scorpius hand, and hesitantly held her hand out towards me. I grabbed it with no hesitation. And the room span around us and we landed on the Gras in front of the Manor. Scorpius immediately started to run towards the door. I still had Adriana’s hand and we started walking towards the door.

She looked up at me, “Draco you know you can let me go now,”

I held on tighter, “Adriana earlier today when you said that I never cared for or loved a girl. You were wrong,” she looked up at me confused. “Because I cared for you a lot, and I loved you even more,”

“Then why did you let you me go?” her voice barely a whisper.

I released her hand and turned away from her, “Because I knew you wouldn’t let me back in,” I told her just as softly.

"Draco, you don’t know that, I possibly would have,” she was looking me directly in the eyes.
My eyes left her face and trailed down to her lips. Her soft, beautiful, red lips. I closed my eyes and started to lean down towards her face, awaiting my lips to meet hers.

Nothing happened.

I opened my eyes and she was walking towards the Manor.

“Damnit Draco,” I cursed myself.

I started walking back to the Manor as well.

[Normal POV]

He started to lean down towards my face.

I wasn’t ready for this, I couldn’t kiss him now. But don’t get me wrong I want to kiss him; I really really want to kiss him. But I just can’t do it.

I walked away, while he was still leaning down and made my way into the Manor. Scorpius was with Narcissa.

“Hi dear, is everything alright?”

“Yes, everything is fine Narcissa; I’m just going to head up to bed,”

“Okay, I’ll keep Scorpius down here if you want me too,”

“No that’s okay, Scorpius can up here with me if wants,”

“I wanna stay down here with Grandma,”

I saw Narcissa cringe at his last word, but smiled anyway. I sighed and made my way up to Draco’s room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Weird, Adriana had the opportunity to escape but she didn't. She thanked Draco instead?
Comment and Subscribe