Status: Working Progress

Love Lost in a Forbidden Valley

Give Love a Try One more Time

Image

The light was shining in the through the blinds. I smiled; everything seemed to be at peace for once. Light snores enclosed me from either side. Draco slept a bit of a distance away, while Scorpius was mere inches from me. They both looked peaceful sleeping so I decided to go downstairs alone.

After I finished eating I went back upstairs toward Draco’s room.

“Daddy can I ask you a question?”

“Sure?” it was more of a question.

“Do you love mommy?”

I stopped dead in my tracks as his words registered in my head.

[Draco’s POV]

“Daddy can I ask you a question?” Scorpius looked at me intently.

I really wasn’t sure what to say, “Sure?”

“Do you love mommy?”

Whoa, how was this kid again?

Though I did answer this question without any hesitation, “Of course I do,”

“Then how come you aren’t married, like real mommies and daddies?”

“You love to ask questions don’t you?”

He flashed me a smile. Although others may think he looks like me, the only person I could see was Adriana.

“How come you and mommy aren’t like Grandma and Grandpa Weasley?”

I looked at him confused, “What do they do that me and your mother don’t?”

“They’re always laughing with each other and smiling. Mommy hasn’t smiled when we got here. I don’t like it when mommy is sad and doesn’t smile,” his grin faltered.

I sighed heavily, “listen Scorpius I love your mother more than I have loved any other girl ever. It hurts for me to see her cry, or hurt. I’d give anything to see her smile right now. But…” I trailed off unintentionally.

“What is that necklace? The one that glows, why does it glow?”

I reached into my shirt and pulled out the pair to the necklace he was talking about

“You have one too?”

I nodded solemnly.

“Why does it glow?”

I breathed n deeply, “Well when your mother is missing me, then mine will glow, but if I missing her then hers will glow.”

“Well does yours glow?”

“Yes it does,”

“I want one of those,”

“I can get you one for your birthday,”

“No!” he told me sternly, “I do not want that,”

“What would you like me to get you?”

“I want you to make mommy happy,” he breathed.

Woah.

“Well?” he was waiting for my response.

“Of course I will. Now let’s go downstairs for some ice cream,”

“But mommy said no ice cream for breakfast,”

“Then we won’t tell her,” I winked and we walked out the door.

Adriana wasn’t in the kitchen, I sat Scorpius down at the table.

“Adriana I’m sorry,” a voice said, a voice I knew all too well.

I walked to where I heard the voice and saw that Adriana was talking to…

Pansy.

[Normal POV]

“Listen Scorpius I love your mother more than I have loved any other girl ever. It hurts for me to see her cry, or hurt. I’d give anything to see her smile right now. But…” Draco’s voice trailed off.

I couldn’t hear anymore.

I ran away from the door and down the stairs.

‘Knock’ I walked over towards the front door and was greeted by Pansy.

She looked horrible…. And that was saying something. Her clothes were tattered and her hair was sticking up in different places. Her eyes were puffy and red, her skin was splotchy.

She was a mess.

“Um... Hi?” I said.

“Can I come in,” she asked shyly.

“Of course, this isn’t my house,”

I let her in and we stood in the doorway awkwardly.

“So…..” my voice trailed on.

“Adriana I’m sorry,” her voice cracked.

I stared at her in disbelief. She was apologizing to me.

“Can we sit?” she asked.

I nodded unsurely and led her in to the living room.

Pansy took a deep breath, “Adriana, you were right about everything you said yesterday.” Tears started to fall down her face. “Draco doesn’t love me, he never loved me. All the time I was here I thought he wanted me for me. I never thought that he was just using me, after all these years, so he could get over you.” She sniffed. “Well I guess it didn’t work, because Draco is still in love with you,”

My cheeks went red.

“Adriana I think you and Draco should really give love a try one more time. When you and him were together I saw that he was truly happy. I’ve never seen him like that before, and I’ve spent 10 years with him,”

I was still lost for words.

“I really care about Draco, and I like to see him happy. So Smit—Adriana I’m asking you to get back together with him,”

Why did this all sound so familiar… oh yeah because my five year old son said the same thing to Draco.

“Um….. I don’t know—”

“Adriana you know there is a part of you that still loves him too,” she told me matter-of-factly.

“I told myself that I could never love Draco again,”

She laughed, “Oh stop being selfish, if you don’t do it for yourself, than do it for your Son. I’m sure he doesn’t want Mommy and Daddy to fight all the time,”

I didn’t respond.

“Please Adriana,” she was now begging me.

I have never seen Pansy beg.

Ever.

It was kind of pathetic if you asked me.

“Fine, I’ll try, but I swear if he screws anything up. Then I’m done with Draco,”

“How can you be so sure he’s going to screw something up?”

“Because he’s Draco, and it’s not like he didn’t mess things up before or anything,” I told her sarcastically.

She sighed, “Are you going to do it?”

“Yes,” I groaned.

“Great, so I’ll see later…” she said though she sounded unsure.

“Um yeah,” I told her in the same tone.

She started to walk towards the door.

“Parkin—Pansy wait, listen I’m sorry for all the things I said yesterday,” my voice was sincere.

“You really shouldn’t be, it made me realize I need to get over Draco and find a guy that will like me back.”

“So…. Does this make us friends?”

“I guess so Smith, I guess so,” she told me with a smile before walking out the door.

This has been one WEIRD morning.

I started walking towards the kitchen, and I tripped.

I didn’t fall though; I fell into someone’s arms.

Draco’s arms.

My cheeks felt warm. “Um… hi,”

“Hey,” he stood me up straight.

I turned to walk to the kitchen.

“Adriana wait I was wondering if you wanted to go out tonight,”

Woah.

Did he really just ask that?

I turned around and he was looking at me with pleading eyes.

A smile started to creep on my face, “I would like that a lot,”

As my words registered in his head, he grew a smile as well.
♠ ♠ ♠
Crucial you guys ! That you reread chapter 10 because there was like a huge chunk of the chapter that i left out that would make this chapter seem like a foreign language.

Weird chapter though.