Status: In the works :)

We Stitch These Wounds

The Unknown

I sighed and I threw myself down on the couch closing my eyes. I had to wake up early to pick up my ... sister ... I guess that is what you would call her up from the airport. Her job sent her out here for some photography sessions. She tried to explain all of this to me in the car, but I was still half asleep. The only thing I remember was her saying she would be here about a month.

"Hey Jake I'm going to take a shower and then I'll make us some lunch." Her voice call through the house.

I just grunted in response and sank even further into the couch. I heard the shower come on and then Miranda's voice singing along to what ever song was playing at the moment. I mentally groaned to myself I wasn't going to be getting quiet anytime soon this girl was louder then anyone I knew. Silence was never around when she was. Whether it be her talking, singing, they way she bounced her legs when she was nervous, the clicking of her nails on the table when she was bored, and oh god the burping. I swear she could beat Homer Simpson in loudness and in length.

I heard my door open and shut and then Ashley's loud voice. "Jake brought a girl home!" He sang as he jumped over the back of the couch and landed next to me. I guess he heard the shower running or her singing. Andy, CC, and Jinxx being more sensible and walking around the couch and sitting on various pieces of furniture. "So where did you meet this assumably hot piece of ass?" Ashley continued.

My eyes were still closed and I scrunched up my face in distaste. "Oh God please don't refer to her as that. I met her when she was in my mom's belly."

"Sara is here?" Jinxx asked raising a brow.

"No." I said shaking my head.

"You have another sister?" Andy asked confused.

"Kind of my mom gave birth to her, but we're not related. My mom was a surrogate for her best friend. We grew up together and what not. She's a couple years younger then me." I said shrugging my shoulders. I never quite new how to explain who Miranda was to people we grew up together she lived literally across the street from me growing up she was like a sister and then she moved away when she was 16. I hadn't seen her in 5 years, but we talked occasionally. My mom considered her one of her own, but I didn't know what to categorize her as when introducing her to people. I knew she was attractive but it's not something that I would ever act on, she was just Miranda. That was my best explanation.

"Oh that's cool!" CC said bouncing in his seat.

"JAKE!" I heard Miranda scream. I laughed when she came running out of the shower with a towel wrapped around her fanning her face. "Oh my God my face is on fire! Blow on it!" She said jumping up and down with her bottom lip sticking out trying to blow air up on her own face. I couldn't help it I was now bent over laughing my ass off. "Jake it's not funny! My face is burning! Blow on it!" She whined continuing to fan her face. "God you're an ass." She shouted as she ran to the refrigerator opened the freezer and stuck her face in.

I looked around the room Andy and Jinxx had entertained smirks on their faces as they watched Miranda jump around presumably trying to keep warm while she had her head stuck in the freezer. CC was currently drumming on his legs and shaking his head at the sight in front of him. I looked over at Ashley and he had a shit eating grin on his face. I grabbed a pillow off the couch and whacked him with it. "Hey man you can't kill me for looking!" He said putting his hands up in defense.

Upon Miranda hearing Ashley's voice she jumped almost dropping her towel in the process and popped her head out of the freezer. "Holy shit!" She yelled grasping her chest. "Why didn't you tell me you had people over? They probably think I'm retarded now!"

"Well the jumping around and yelling for me to blow you didn't help any neither did sticking your head in the freezer. You looked like a retarded ostrich." Jake said with a shit eating grin on his face. "What the hell was burning your face anyway?"

"I bought this new face wash and OH MY GOD it burned!" She said once again fanning her face for emphasis. She noticed all the guys were smirking at her and she looked down at herself. The towel was barley covering her lady bits her cheeks turned a bright pink upon noticing. "I'm going to put some clothes on." She said as she pulled the towel tighter around herself and sprinting to the guest room.

"Dude!" Ashley said with a huge grin on his face.

"Ash don't ... keep the comments to yourself! I don't want to hear it!" I said shaking my head.

"But ... but ... she's fucking hot! The things I would do to that woman." He said while his hands groped the air.

I hit him upside his head. "Down boy she doesn't go for your type. Did you have a reason for showing up randomly or was it just to annoy me?"

"I always like a challenge!" Ash replied smirking.

"We've got an interview at 1:30 at the radio station." Andy said while picking at his nail polish. "We tried to call you but you weren't answering."

"Oh sorry dude I had to go pick Miranda up at the airport. I think she purposely pick the earliest flight just to annoy me." I said with a yawn.

"Don't flatter yourself I didn't want to be up that early either." She said as she walked into the kitchen to look for something to eat. "Believe me I didn't want to release the wrath of Senor Pitts. I know you're not a morning person."

"So why haven't we heard of the great Miranda before?" Jinxx asked his curiosity getting the best of him.

"You don't have to answer that." I replied as I glared at Jinxx. I knew it was a sore subject with Miranda.

Her face contorted as she thought about the reasons as to why nobody knew of her. "Well I've been in hiding for the past 5 years." She replied grabbing a beer from the fridge and sitting next to me.

"Did you witness a horrible crime? Were you like in the witness protection program?" Jinxx asked eyes wide.

"Are you a super hero?" Andy asked with a laugh.

"I was hiding from my father." She replied taking a sip from her beer staring off into space. "He was a great guy when I was little but something changed I'm not sure what happened, but when I was thirteen he started to beat my mother and I. It got really bad as the years past and my mom finally got the courage to tell him that she wanted a divorce. It resulted in her being sent to the hospital and a restraining order put against my father. He got really pissed off and abducted me on my way home from school one day. He beat me for days and locked me in a room in his apartment. He left one day and I broke down the door in order to escape. I ended up dislocating my shoulder in the process but I didn't care I kept throwing myself into the door with all my might. I ran home and my mom called the cops and I was sent to the hospital. The cops were looking for him but the days turned into weeks and they never found him. So my mom decided that instead of living in fear ever day of our lives that we would leave the state. We changes our names and moved around a lot so he wouldn't find us. Jake did mention me and I didn't visit because my father knew him and his family. He died a few months ago ..." She trailed off silent tears falling from her eyes. "I went to his funeral just to make sure he was really dead. I found out that he had given up looking for us he had a new family. He was now reeking havoc on someone elses life now." She said with a sad smile on her face as she wiped the tears from her cheeks. "Anything else you'd like to know?" She asked with a sad laugh.
♠ ♠ ♠
New story please comment and let me know what you think.