Almost Easy

Chapter Fifteen

I ran from my hairdressing job back to my house, since it was only down the road. It had been quite a number of weeks since I had read that I was the apparent fiancé and heartbreaker of Synyster Gates heart and I had not quiet gotten over it. Most of the teenage girls hair I had been doing at the moment where going for the hair cut similar to the ones me and Val wore in the magazine, which was quite hilarious considering it never clicked with them that I was the girl in the picture.

I walked into the cool house and headed towards the kitchen. I passed the phone and noticed that there were two messages on the message bank and I decided I would listen to them before I went for a shower.

“Hey it’s Aimee Murphy here, from Radiant Beauty and Hair Salon. I was hoping to catch Elora; I saw your website and was wondering if you were interested in a full time position doing hair, make-up and glamour shots? Anyways give me a call on 0447624967,” I smiled, a full time job would be fantastic, and exactly what I needed, I made note of the number and proceeded to the next message.

“Hey Elora honey, it’s your Mum. I was hoping to catch you at home, young Brian Haner was over here a few weeks ago seemingly interested in your current location. Anyway, I gave him your address so do not be mad at me. He is a nice boy, and he really does love you, you know. Oh and do not forget your cousin Danielle is coming today, to stay with you for a few months. Be nice, you know she looks up to you. Okay well this is costing me a fortune, call back.”

Ah Danielle , she was my cousin who was a year younger than me; she had the same interests as me, except she could totally rock singing and screaming. We were extremely close but had drifted apart since I moved over to the USA, and had not really been in touch since I had back.

She was in a local emo band from where she was that just begun making it big, and then disbanded a month before recording due to creative differences. She was coming here to try her luck on TV hosting a music interview show for Triple J. It was only a trial, so she was bunking down with me since Nick was never home.

I laid down closing my eyes to get a rest, but was woken abruptly by the doorbell ringing constantly. I got up and trudged to the door, to be greeted by a 5ft 6 girl jumping up and down and then embracing me into a huge hug.

“Elora-I-have-missed-you-soooooo-much! Girl-you-never-told-me-you-were-dating-Synyster-Gates,-fuck-you-never-told-me- Synyster-Gates-was-Brian-Haner! I-had-to-find-out-from-a-trashy-magazine. Anyways-how-you-been-girl!” she said rapidly flowing all her words together so she was hardly comprehendible.

“Hey Danni, I’ve been great and trust me I will tell you everything in due course! I missed you so much!” I said hugging her. “And I see you dyed your hair, it looks hot!”

“I know right! When I first got it done, I was like ‘Oh my fucking god I look gay!’ and ‘Where the fuck is my fucking hair expert of a cousin when I fucking need her!” I began to laugh, I missed how my cousin used fuck like those preppy dumb bitches used the word ‘like’ in there sentences. She would definitely have to watch her tongue on TV or it would be an hour and a half show of censored beeps.

“Anyways cuz I need to piss, I held on for three hours so I didn’t have to stop just so I could pound you with fucking questions about Brian, aka Synyster FUCKING Gates!”

I showed her where the bathroom was and headed out to the kitchen to make a few drinks when the doorbell rang again. I tilted my head in confusion and bounced down the hallway to see who it was. My mood was elevated so much since my cousin arrived and absolutely nothing could dampen it. I opened the door to see a familiar face, my jaw dropped when I recognized who it was.

~Brian’s P.O.V~

Okay well we are in Brisbane, which is beautiful; we are off to Sydney in 3 days where I hope to see Elora. The beaches are awesome and the waves look so good, I could just imagine Elora surfing them. Agh there I go again talking about Elora, I always seem to bring her up somehow. All the people hear remind me so much of her just on there accents. I sat in the hotel watching some Australian drama, when Val walked in, and began laughing hysterically.

“Fuck, this is a day I thought I would never see coming Brian Haner watching soap opera!” I quickly flicked to the channel above it called the ABC and saw an ad for a new hip music show. Mind you, the girl was hot, and looked a hell of a lot like Elora.

“And join me Danni Danan on Saturday’s for JTV” she said before it returned to its programming. Did I hear right? Danni Danan, I turned to Val and her jaw was dropped. “Is that….Elora?” she asked before turning to me. I had no idea, why would she change her name? In addition, she looked somewhat paler. I looked at Val, and I had a plan

Val! Oh my god girl I haven’t seen you in months!” I said hugging her, she hugged me back smiling.

“Who is stealing my fucking limelight!” said Danni emerging from the bathroom.

“Valery DiBenedetto that’s who!” I said, looking back at Val. She seemed confused.

“What’s up?” I asked worried.

“Oh well…um me and the guys had this bet that you had dyed your hair and changed your name….anyways long story short, Elora Danan and Danni Danan are two different people! Wow waits till I tell the guys this!”