Almost Easy

Chapter Twenty Seven

It had been a week since Danni had passed away, Zacky had taken it hard so I was doing motherly duties. Mum had moved into the spare bedroom at Zacky’s house and was helping as well. Danni’s funeral was today, and I dressed her little girl in a black dress my mother had made for the occasion, from the finest fabric she could find. I put on a black dress, heels, and put little makeup on as well as my big black sunglasses. I walked outside with the little girl on my hip and saw Zacky standing by the black limo at the entrance of the driveway.

“Thanks for everything El, I, I don't know what I would of done without you,” he said holding back tears. “Doesn’t Lucinda look beautiful today,” he said taking the girl from me.

“She has her mother’s nose and smile,” I said hugging Zacky as he broke down crying. We got into the limo, and the rest of the gang was there. I noticed Brian staring at me and I tried to smile.

We arrived at the cemetery and there was a small crowd gathered. There were all of Zacky’s family and my family, as well as several other people who had become close to Danni since her move to Huntington. The sermon was beautiful, and when it finished every one made their way back to our place for the wake, I however stayed.

“I’m sorry Danni. Why did you have to die? Your beautiful girl looks so much like you and I know you would have loved to see her. Zacky... he is taking it really hard and is finding it hard to bond with Lucinda, we named her after you, Lucinda Danielle Baker,” I said with tears fully flowing this time. I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned to see Zacky. We both cried in each other’s arms for what seemed hours and finally left when Val told us that they were leaving.

I placed the bunch of black roses I had brought for Danni and left with Zacky who had linked his arm over my shoulder.
♠ ♠ ♠
Guess what, that was the last chapter!
sorry it sucks, and is a cliffhanger
but guess what!
Sequal!!!!
it is called Warmness On The Soul