Status: COMPLETE :D

The Blister Exists.

Can you feel this? I'm dying to feel this

It was dark. Almost too dark to even see. "Hello?!" I called out into the nothingness. A thick fog blanketed the woods I was in. I knew someone was out there, I could hear them, but I couldn't see them. I patted my pockets hoping to that I didn't leave my lighter at the bar, like I've done many times in the past. It was there.

One flick.

Two flicks.

Three flicks.

Finally, a tiny red flame danced for a moment.. then in a blink of an eye it was gone. "Shitty bic." I muttered under my breath as I tried again. I had to have walked this path hundreds of times before. I could walk it with my eyes closed. Tonight, I might as well have.

I continued to fiddle with the lighter, keeping my mind off the fact that I knew someone, or something was following me. It wouldn't be long before I would reach the edge of the woods. Soon, I'd be in my complex, climbing the staircases, and reaching my apartment. I just had to make it out of these god damned woods.

Just as I thought I was in the clear, a horrible smell wafted into my nose. I could feel my face twisting in disgusts as I fought the urge to vomit. I decided it'd be a bad idea to stop, but I had to gather myself.

I bent over with my hands on my knees, took a couple of breaths, and shook it off. As I began to stand upright again, a man was standing infront of me.

"Jesus fuck!" I yelped grabbing my chest. I was startled, but not scared.

"Hello, Constance." He said walking closer to me.

I didn't question how he knew my name. After all, I worked in a bar. A fairly popular one at that. "Uh, hello."

"You know, it's dangerous for a young lady such as yourself to be walking alone in these parts." He was close enough to me now to where I could see his face. He looked like he was about 17 at the oldest. What the hell did he mean "young lady"

"No offense, buddy, but you look as though you should be inside doing your homework or bitching on the internet about how much your life sucks." I smirked and went to walk past him. I was now confident that nothing dangerious was lurking.

Just as I was sure he was behind me, I felt a sharp pain in my back. I looked down and saw the blood pouring out of my stomach. What shocked me the most was that there was no blade. Instead, it looked as though there was some sort of claw. As soon as I noticed this, it was gone. The boy was gone. And soon, so was my consciousness...

❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦

When I awoke, I was in a bed. Not my bed, this was much nicer. I scanned the room, hoping to see something familiar, but to no avail. I attempted to sit upright, but as I did a burning sensation filled my stomach and a stabbing pain shot through my head. I could see tubes coming from my arm attached to an IV bag filled with what appeared to be blood. What the fuck happened? I thought to myself lying back again.

I tried to piece it all together, but my brain wouldn't cooperate. It was clear that something had attacked me. I pulled up the t-shirt I was wearing to examine my stomache. There was a scar, and what appeared to be stitches. Fabulous.

Once more I attempted to get up, but my legs were like spaghetti. I clinged onto the IV stand, but managed to pull it down with me. A loud crash, and screaming machines. This was not going to be the stealthy escape I had hoped it would be.

I scrambled to stand again when I saw the door open. Thousands of thoughts filled my head at once. He's coming to finish me off! ... No, that's stupid, if he wanted to kill me he wouldn't bring me home and attempt to fix me.

"I'm not going to kill you." Said a somewhat familiar voice. I knew I had heard it somewhere, but at that moment I couldn't place it.. until I saw the man speaking. He stood tall, with bluish gray eyes, and tiny reddish gold hairs poking out of his buzzed head. I looked to the shirt I was wearing and couldn't help but to yelp a bit when I saw that tribal S.

I should have asked him how he seemed to know what I was thinking, but I decided it was best to assume it was a coincidence. Instead, I asked him what had happened to me, but he wasn't giving me asnwers. He walked to me and slung my arm around his neck then pulled me up and gently placed me back onto the bed. He resituated the IV and turned to walk away. I grabbed his arm. "Corey, wait.." I said in a pleading voice.

"A nurse will be in soon. Now that you're awake, you can get cleaned up a little better." He took my arm off his arm and continued towards the door, then he stopped. "Once you have been checked over, and the nurse deems you ready, she'll lead you down stairs. I'll explain everything then, but prepare yourself to hear the truth, because it isn't easy." With that, he made his exit.