Status: COMPLETE :D

The Blister Exists.

I Am A Product Of Your Conduct

~Joey's POV~

It was finally over.

Constance was safe, Corey was satisfied, and Otep's threat was exterminated. A part of me, the human part, was sad to have lost such an amazing poet. Her music was powerful, and meant a lot to a lot of people. I could only hope no one would try to avenge her death, but then again, I'd understand. At that moment, I decided to deal with the situation at hand, but I'd stay forever ready for anyone who thinks they have the balls to come after us.

“About my payment..” Wednesday said pulling me away from everybody inside of the mansion.

“Wednesday, I'm with Sid. I'm not going to hurt him.” I was too exhausted to entertain his games.

“You don't even know what I want.” He grinned letting his hands rub over my chest.

“Stop.” I grabbed him by the wrists.

“It drives me wild when you dominate.” He wiggled his eyebrows.

I shook my head and pushed passed him to meet up with Sid.

“Joe. I'm happy for you.” These words from his lips caused me to stop and look back to him. “I had to know how you felt about him.. I had to know if there was even a chance that you and I could rekindle what we had.” He said this as I walked back towards him.

“I love him. Wednesday, I fucking love him. This isn't just about sex, or convenience.” My voice was low, but stern enough to tell him that I meant business.

“I know you do. And he loves you just as much.” Wednesday sighed.

“Thank you.” I said smiling. “I don't want to lose you as a friend, Wednesday, but you have to know that what we had, it's nothing compared to what Sid and I have.” I know my words may have sounded as if I were rubbing it in, and in a way I guess I was. I had to be sure that there was no way he could misunderstand me. Had to make sure he knew my feelings for Sid were real.

“Something inside me will always want you.” Wednesday said raising his brows. “When you fed me your blood, you did that. You can't fault me for loving you.”

“Of course I don't fault you.” I was trying hard to keep my voice down. I knew that anyone could be listening.

“Still, we have to talk about my payment.” His face lit up.

There was something else he wanted, something more than me... How could I have forgotten about this? Fuck, it was so god damn obvious.

❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦

~Corey's POV~

When we went back to the mansion, I decided to let Joey, Sid, and Wednesday handle whatever weird triangle they had going on. I didn't like the idea of clan members sleeping together, but if I forbade it, I'd be a hypocrite. Something about Constance drew me to her, and I wouldn't be able to ignore this, so I couldn't expect them to ignore their feelings. On television, and in movies, we're often portrayed as soulless monsters who are incapable of love. Maybe that's true. Maybe what we feel is something greater, maybe a new word should be made to describe what we feel.

“I'm sorry about that.” I said as Constance and I walked into her room and she stopped to place her hand on the wall where bits of the cell phone I launched at it was still embedded.

She smiled and nodded looking around the room like she had never seen it before.

“I'm going to draw you a bath.” I said making my way to her bathroom. I knew she had been through a lot. Hell, she had been through more in these last few months than most vampires go through in years. If she was acting a little funny, I'd have to just understand it, and allow her to cope with it.

I ran the water hot and mixed in lilac scented bubble bath. I knew she'd appreciate that. As I sat on the edge of the tub, I heard her walk in behind me. “Almost ready.” I said smiling. I looked up at her and was shocked to see her standing completely naked. Although the blood had taken care of most of her wounds, the burns from the chains were still visible. She walked towards me looking at me like I was a stranger.

I didn't say anything to her. I didn't know what I could say. I only watched as she climbed into the water. She closed her eyes and lowered herself allowing the water and bubbles to cover her completely. Under the water, she opened her eyes and stayed there. She looked like a dead body. Still and lifeless. I hated seeing her this way.

I reached my hand into the water to pull her head up, but she grabbed my wrist and turned her gaze to me. We stayed this way for only a moments before her face twisted into a smile and she sat up. Her hands still on my wrist she pulled me to her kissing me ferociously. Something was not right about this kiss, but I was not about to deny her again.

Water and bubbles splashed everywhere as she worked diligently to undress me. Before I had a chance to process this, I was in the tub with her. Her body looked so fragile and delicate, but I knew better. She sat on my lap allowing me to slide into her as I gently pumped. She greedily kissed and sucked on my neck taking it upon herself to quicken the pace as she bounced.

I didn't want it this way. Call me what you will, but I wanted to actually make love, not to be used as a sex toy. Still, I continued, allowing her to take out her frustrations on me.

Her fangs popped out and she stopped her movements. She looked frightened. “What's wrong?” I asked studying her face. She smiled as she fingered them. “Constance?” She didn't acknowledge my worry. She stood up with her legs at my sides and looked down at me still wearing her grin with water and bubbles sliding off of her.

I ran my hands up her thighs in an attempt to bring her back into the moment. She eased back down onto me avoiding eye contact. I put my arms around her and just held her, petting her wet soapy hair, and rubbing her back. The hot water almost made me feel human. I could feel her eyelashes brushing against my neck each time she blinked bringing a light tickle. Gently, she kissed my neck with one of her hands pressed against my chest for support. I moaned softly to communicate that this pace was perfectly okay with me.

Suddenly something snapped within her. With her fangs still out, I felt the muscles of her jaw clench as her razor sharp fangs pierced my flesh. I howled in pain gripping onto her shoulders, and pushing her off. A good chunk of my neck was still in her teeth and dark blood dripped down into the water.

“Have you lost your fucking mind?” I yelled as the wound healed itself. I sounded angrier than I meant to, but something about this was very wrong. I was in no real danger, and we've done worse to each other... but this came out of no where, and the look in her eyes was not playful. She looked like she actually meant to hurt me, or even kill me.

Her eyes darted all around the room, landing everywhere but on my face. She stood in the doorway of the room looking like an injured deer trying to decide if it should stay put, or run the fuck away.

Slowly, keeping my hands where she could see them, I inched closer and closer to her. She didn't move. I grabbed a towel and enveloped it around her with my arms. I scooped her up and walked her to her bed and laid her down. I pulled my boxers on and let the water out of the tub. “Get some rest, Constance.” I said just before I kissed her forehead. She closed her eyes, and I walked around the bed, closest to the door out of the room. Before my hand could turn the door knob, her arms wrapped around my torso and squeezed. I looked down to her face, and saw tears. This girl was scared and confused. I wasn't about to leave her alone when she needed me. I let my fingers comb through her hair as she laid back again. I got into the bed with her and instantly she clung to me. The closeness felt nice.

But something about her did not feel like my Constance.