Status: COMPLETE :D

The Blister Exists.

I'm just another blank page..push the button, pull the rage

The guys were packing duffel bags of clothes and miscellaneous toiletries while I just sat in a chair watching. I had nothing to pack. I had... no life. I wondered where we'd be going, but I figured since they were on tour we'd be on the road. I thought about the other mansions, hotels, houses, etc. they must have across the United States, or even the world. Perhaps this wasn't so bad. I began to day dream different scenarios I may find myself in.

Suddenly, a loud booming voice broke me from my daze. “Mr. Taylor? I have the package you requested.”

“In here.” He responded letting the man follow his voice into a room I hadn't noticed before. Corey closed the door behind the man while watching me as if to tell me to stay put.

“Must be about your death.” Sid said appearing beside me.

I jumped a little, startled, and responded. “What?”

“I'm going to guess you were in a car accident.”

“But I don't drive... and everyone saw me leave to walk home.” I said.

Paul walked over with Craig to join in. I wasn't sure that I liked them making a game out of “my death”

They continued on with this guessing game for at least 20 minutes before the door opened again. Corey stepped out. He motioned for me to come to him then looked to the others. “Finish up here. We're leaving in an hour. The cleaners will be here soon and I don't want our shit laying around.”

I walked into the room and took a seat on an office chair next to the man who brought the package. “Is this what I think it is?” I asked.

“What do you think it is?” Corey asked back.

“Am I dead?”

“Yes.” He answered.

“How?” I asked.

“You made it home that night. You were exhausted, but decided to have a cigarette anyway. You fell asleep dropped it onto a pile of papers. It caught fire. Your smoke detector's batteries were dead.” Said the man as he pushed up his glasses. He wore a business suit, and a bad taupe. I assumed he was human.

Corey nodded.

“Your body was too badly burned to make a positive ID but your wallet was found outside your door, and a few eye witnesses saw you enter your place that night.” He said this with a chuckle.

“How can that be?” I asked.

“Don't you worry about that.” He answered.

“So, you guys set my apartment on fire, threw in a body, and somehow convinced people to believe it was me?” I was confused, but more angry than anything. “What about my neighbors? I mean, if you set my apartment on fire, weren't they injured?”

“Yes. But these things tend to get messy.” Said the man again.

“I'm sorry, but who are you?” I snapped.

“Just call me mister Smith.” He answered with a wink.

I didn't find him as charming as he was trying to be and Corey picked up on this. “Constance. No humans were killed. We had to make your death convincing. The only other option would have been to kill you for real.” His voice was softer than I had ever heard it before.

“This is all just a little much for me.” I said closing my eyes and leaning back in my chair.

“I understand.” Corey stated. “Smith, thank you for your help. You will be compensated for your work and discretion, of course.”

“I have photographs from the funeral and the obituary if you'd like to make a scrap book.” Smith said.

My eyes shot open. “Is this funny to you?” I asked feeling my fangs pop out as my anger grew. I jumped up and wrapped my hand around his scrawny throat.

Before I had the chance to kill him, I fetl Corey from behind me pulling me off. “Leave everything on the desk. The money will be deposited into your account. Again, thank you, you may leave now.” Smith scrambled to collect himself, and quickly dropped his briefcase on the desk and left as instructed.

He waited a couple of minutes after Smith left before he released me. He gave me a disapproving look but said nothing. I felt my shoulders growing heavy and I dropped to the floor. Tears broke through and I couldn't contain myself. I felt Corey's hand on my back rubbing it as if to calm me down. Still he said nothing.

“So, I missed my own funeral?” I asked after a few minutes of sobbing. I stood up and attempted to open the briefcase but Corey stopped me before I had the chance.

“You don't need to see this, yet.” He brushed my hair behind my ears and and cupped my face in his hands. “This is not easy. I understand that. But it is reality, and you're going to have to try and cope.”

I looked down and backed up a little.

“We need to get going. I'd imagine the others have finished packing by now.” Corey said.

“What about me?” I asked.

“We've had a shopper go out and get you some things. Once you've adjusted a little more, you'll be able to go out yourself and pick whatever you want.” He said picking up the briefcase then walking towards the door.

“Wait, myself? What the fuck does that mean?” I felt myself becoming angry again.

“You're too young right now. We can't risk you killing somone or exposing us. If I weren't here to stop you, you probably would have ripped his throat out without thinking twice.” He explained.

I suppose he was right. I nodded and followed him out of the room to regroup with the others.