Status: COMPLETE :D

The Blister Exists.

I control, but I comply

Two Months Later.

The final show of the tour was only a few hours away. I had managed to become closer to all of the guys, but still, I longed for the life I had before. At the first show I went to while I was with them, I waited for them to be on stage and borrowed somebody's cell phone. I had to call my mother. I had to hear her voice.

“Hello?” She answered

I said nothing.

“Who is this?” She asked growing impatient.

“Hi” I finally answered back.

“Can I help you?” She asked.

“Sorry, wrong number.”

“Constance?! Is that you? Baby?” Her voice was filled with panic and relief at the same time.

“N-no. I dialed the wrong number. Sorry.” I attempted to change my voice but I knew it didn't fool her. I ended the call feeling guilty but satisfied. I wanted so badly to tell her that everything was alright, and that I love her, but I knew that'd mean possibly exposing what I had become. Or worse, I'd have to make up some ridiculous lie as to why I wouldn't be seeing her anymore. With the band, they could blame their odd presence on being creative, or in character. With me, well, I couldn't do that. I envied them.

❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦

“Connie, here.” Sid said jogging up to me then draping a VIP necklace over my head.

“Thanks, Sid.” I smiled. On the outside, he, and the others looked like monstrous creatures you'd see in a horror films. If only these maggots knew how true that was.

The show went flawlessly as expected. The crowd roared for more at the end, but was left thirsty. I made my way back towards the stage to meet up with them, but was stopped by someone I recognized.

“So, you're the new pet?” The woman said sizing me up with her eyes.

“Excuse me?” I wasn't sure if she knew what she was talking about, but by the way her eyes seemed to glow, I figured she did. Her smell wasn't human, but it also wasn't vampire.

“You know what I mean.” She winked.

“I-I have to go.” I broke the starring contest we had seemed to engage in, and attempted
to walk away.

“Hold on.” She grabbed my shoulder and spun me around.

I was terrified for some reason, but I knew better than to show it. However, it wasn't what I was showing that I was afraid of. It was the smell, and she seemed to be picking up on it.

She pinned me against a wall out of sight of the rushing crowds. Her hot breath on my ear made me cringe. It was something I hadn't felt in months. “Tell Corey to tie his knot tight.”

She whispered before licking my cheek and walking away disappearing into the swarm of faceless fans.

I stayed there for a few moments trying to unravel her message. “Connie!” A voice called out breaking my concentration. It was Jim. “What are you doing?” He asked with a chuckle grabbing my arm.

“Otep.” I started to talk but I could see something unnerving in his eyes.

“Ssh.” He said putting his finger against my lips. “Wait until we're all around.” He no longer sounded playful, he was much more serious.

I nodded and followed him back towards where the band was signing autographs and taking pictures. I kept a fake smile on the face knowing that I couldn't break it now. Still, what she said kept echoing in my head. Was it a threat? Or was it more like a playful punch? The look Jim wore on his face after saying her name told me it was serious, but still, I couldn't figure it out for sure. For years, before I had any knowledge of the supernatural, I had seen silly videos and articles online about a sort of “beef” between Otep and Slipknot, but I never took it seriously. I always figured it was just the fanbases making things up, or making more of a situation that didn't exists. Perhaps I was right in thinking that. Maybe the bitter feelings the fans spoke about didn't exists... but instead, something more dangerous did. Something these humans would never even imagine.

❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦

After the band's meet and greet, we all made our way back to the lot where 4 tour buses, two large trucks, and a few cars waited. This was the final show of the tour, and the band was ready to prepare recording for their next album. The roadies loaded the equipment with the technicians and slowly the cars, trucks, and a couple of buses began to disappear. I stayed quiet not wanting to ruin their celebration of good tour coming to a great end. Shawn came up with the idea of going to a hotel for the night and the others agreed.

The guys broke up into groups to share three rooms. Corey decided to room with me to keep an eye on me. I figured he knew that I had called home, and wanted to make sure I didn't attempt a stunt like that again. I wasn't planning on it, but I was happy to be sharing a room with Corey. I wanted to give him Otep's message, but I didn't want the others to panic. Corey seemed to be the unspoken leader of their group, and I knew he'd know how to handle things.

“Which one do you want?” Corey asked me as we entered the room pointing to the beds. I pointed towards the one nearest the window, and he nodded dropping his duffel bag on the floor them jumping onto his bed. “Fuck it's nice to be back in a bed.” He said as he closed his eyes for only a moment. “I smell like a moldy basement, body odor, and vomit.” He gathered some clothes and moved towards the bathroom. He wasn't lying. I guess that's the price of being a rockstar, even if you're a vampire.

He finished his shower in record time, and advised me to do the same. I figured a hot shower could help me gather my thoughts and make a plan on how I'd tell him of my encounter. The water temperature didn't seem to get hot enough for my liking, but the steam fogged the room. It reminded me of the night I was first attacked. Before I knew it I was sitting on the bathtub floor crying. I didn't realize how loud I was, but it was loud enough to cause concern because Corey's hand reached in and turned off the water.

“Constance, what's the matter with you?” He asked trying to avert his eyes. I didn't know how to answer him so I didn't. “Here, come out.” He held up a towel and I stepped out into it as he wrapped it around me. Although he wasn't offering, I took a hug anyway. He didn't fight it. He let his arms embrace me and I cried until I couldn't anymore. “What happened?” He asked me walking back into the room and sitting on the bed.

“I-I don't know. I just, broke.” I stuttered.

“No, I mean before. At the show.” How did he know?

“Someone approached me.” I still wasn't sure how to say it.

“I know. I smelled it on you when we first arrived at the hotel.” He said sitting with me on my bed.

“What is she?” I asked feeling the water drip from my hair onto my shoulders and down my body.

“She's a wolf.” He answered.

I blinked and bit my lip.

“What did she tell you?” He asked.

“She said that you should tie your knot tight.” I recalled.

He rested his elbows on his knees and buried his face in his hands.

“What does that mean?” I asked him knowing he probably wouldn't tell me.

“Did she say anything else?” He ignored my question.

“Well, before she said that she called me the 'new pet'” I answered.

“Fuck.” He sighed.

“Corey?” I asked and he looked at me.

“Anything else?” He asked again ignoring me.

“No. Well, there was one thing.” I hesitated.

“What is it?” He asked.

“She licked me.” I answered with false disgust in my voice. I didn't like it, but feeling something warm was a nice experience.

His eyes changed from deep blue pools, to shallow gray puddles. I knew there was something he wasn't telling me, but I was afraid to ask what.

A moment of silence passed before he made his next move. He stood up and pulled me up with him. Saying nothing he ran his fingers through my hair until his hand was firmly on the back of my head. Butterflies fluttered in my stomach as he pulled me into a kiss.