Status: completed, check back for sequel

You Got Me Poppin Champagne

Chapter 12

ALEX'S POV

"Come on Jasey, please just wear the damn coat! It's cold and we gotta go, I don't want you ill for the wedding!" I complained to a screaming Jasey. Fuck, she was in a right mood today. Kid didn't wanna sit still. 

"Fuck it, Jasey Rae Gaskarth you sit still this minute!" I ended up yelling, met with more protests.

"Jasey," I said in a warning tone after a few minutes of struggling.

Her puffy red eyes looked up at my face, puppy dog eyes present, but quiet. It looked like she was about to cry again, but more so from the tone of voice she had used. She had stopped struggling. I sighed and put her in the small red coat. It was a miracle it wasn't dirty yet with the dogs and all. I buttoned her up and pulled her into my arms.

She was stiff for a moment but eventually relaxed into my embrace, leaning her head on my shoulder and small arms tugging at my hair, but I still heard the small sobs and felt the tears on my shoulder. "I'm sorry, baby. Daddy didn't mean to yell. I'm really sorry Jasey. I love you so much baby." Dammit, why did I have to get mad? It was only a coat! I didn't want to upset her...or scare her as it seemed I had done. 

I rocked Jasey a little, and rubbed circles into her back, humming the words to My Wish, one of the first songs I had written for her.

Finally, Erin came down the stairs, holding her stomach and the zipped up wedding dress. She hadn't let me see it due to tradition, even though I pointed out to her that actually we'd already had sex and had a kid and she was walking down the aisle pregnant, but she still remained adamant that we would hold onto what remained of the traditional values.

"Mommy!" Jasey squealed, in an attempt to get away from me, stretching her arms out for her mother. I sighed in desperation and Erin laid the dress on the couch, taking Jasey and cradling her close. Our small child buried her head in Erin's shoulder and clung to her with everything, sobbing a little.

Erin looked at her in shock, then up at me. "What happened?" she asked me.

I felt ashamed. I looked at the ground and fiddled with my fingers. "I...Uhm...she was being difficult and I couldn't get her coat on her and...I yelled." God, it felt like I was going to confessional.

Erin was silent. I looked up and she blinked, then laughed.

"What? What is it? I don't get it. What's so funny?"

Erin fought to keep her giggles under control. "Are you kidding me Alex? You're getting your panties in a twist all because you yelled at her one time? You're allowed to get frustrated, kids do cry, it's part of parenting you know. The amount of times I've been in the exact same situation when you're away...don't freak out about it. She'll be on your side in a matter of seconds. You said you were sorry to her, right?"

I nodded.

"And you didn't hit her?"

My head snapped up. "Of course not! I could never hit her! Not ever!"

Erin smiled and nodded, continuing. "Exactly. So it's all fine. Seriously. She's only reacting like this because it's the first time you yelled at her. She knows you love her. It's fine. Don't beat yourself up about it."

I nodded.

Erin stepped closer to me and gave me a quick kiss on the lips. "You're such a softie. You're so gonna be a push over dad," she said winking as she made her way out of the house to the car.

I rolled my eyes and picked up her wedding dress. "Yeah right," I called as I walked behind her. She flashed me a smirk and got Jasey settled in the car before sitting in the back with her. I put the dress in the trunk of the car then went to lock the door before we left for the wedding. I smiled to myself as I did so. "I already am."

I loved being a father.

ERIN'S POV

"Jack just called, they're already there. I told you we should have left yesterday. I know what your bladder is like," Alex told me as I got back in the car after yet another service station stop for my uncontrollable need for the loo.

I rolled my eyes at him. "It's your fault for getting me pregnant in the first place, jackass."

"Eh, I think we can both agree the process was fun," he winked.

I blushed at the remark and ordered him to drive. I kept Jasey laughing and happy as we sang along to the radio, like a real family, driving out across the open road. We were about six hours into the journey and although we'd made a load of stops, I could tell Alex was getting tired. It was only four, but I knew it was taking it out of him.

"Alex, I think we gotta stop soon, you've driven enough today. We should find a motel or something," I suggested, leaning across from the backseat.

Alex shook his head but struggled to keep his eyes open and suppress a yawn. "No, I'm fine. We gotta get there by tonight, it's the stag thing tomorrow. I gotta be there and rested."

"Alex, you are not fine. If you fall asleep at the wheel we won't get there at all. I'll call the guys and let them know you're gonna miss the first day of the stag thing, I need you to get us there in one piece. The guys won't mind. We can do the rest of the journey tomorrow. A twelve hour road trip is not a good idea in one day. Please, just pull over soon at the nearest motel, okay?"

Alex sighed and nodded. "Alright. I guess you're right. I don't want you or Jasey getting hurt because of me. You call the guys and I'll keep a look out."

I smiled and pecked at his cheek, the only place I could really reach from the back of the car.

I dialled Rian's number, told him plans would be delayed and he promised to pass the message on. About ten minutes later, Alex stopped in the parking lot of some motel that looked fairly decent from the outside. Apparently he had stayed in the one we already passed and said they found a dead body in a room two weeks after the death...not such a good idea. This one, however, he had also stayed in and said it was pretty nice from what his drunken mind could remember which hadn't really filled me with much more confidence. At least there were no dead bodies.

Inside it was pretty welcoming and homey, and although it was only four thirty, the warm woman who seemed to be in her mid fifties assured us it was completely fine if we just wanted to go straight to bed and if we wanted food later then we could either call in on her room or there was soup we could heat up in the room. We smiled gratefully, Alex thanked and paid her, then took Jasey off me and placed a hand on my back to help me get up the stairs better. I tell you, carrying twins was no easy matter.

The room was pretty good, windows all around, light coloured curtains, sweet flower patterned wall paper, dark wooden flooring, a few rugs, a wardrobe, tv, decent bathroom, microwave, mini fridge, four poster queen sized bed, a window seat...it was the kind of old fashioned, sweet country style room that you knew just had to be expensive.

"Alex...are you sure you stayed here before?" I asked as I lay on the bed with Jasey, distracting Alex from setting up the crib that was provided.

"Yeah, why?"

I shrugged. "Just doesn't seem like the kind of place you'd stay in."

"Hey, I can be classy when I want to be!" he defended with a pout.

I smiled and rolled my eyes. "Sure you can, babe, I believe you."

Alex tried to hide his smile. "Thought we waited until after the honeymoon to be condescending to one another? Or did we just skip straight to ten years of marriage and sarcasm central?"

I laughed at him. "Oh sweetie, I've always been condescending and sarcastic, I just hid it better."

Alex rolled his eyes but smiled, and continued to set the crib up for a now asleep Jasey. When he was done, he carefully lifted Jasey off the bed and placed her in the crib, making sure she had enough blankets to keep her warm in the cold November night.

I had changed into my pajamas and was already under the quilt when Alex changed and turned out the light, wrapping his arms around me.

"Alex...you realise it's only five thirty right? And we're already going to sleep..."

I felt Alex shrug. "You're pregnant, so you're just tired all the time. I've been driving and that wiped me out. We're not middle aged yet, we have an excuse."

"Says the guy who's soon to be twenty six," I teased.

"Oh shut up. It'll be your turn soon enough. And I'm pretty sure I've still got some moves in me that would prove me right." I detected the suggestive tone right away and felt the heat creep up in my cheeks.

"Alex," I complained.

"What's wrong baby?" he replied innocently.

"You know what! Our daughter is in the room...can't you keep your hormones in check for one night?"

He chuckled. "No can do. I didn't get lucky last night, someone decided she wanted to fall asleep on me..."

I blushed deeper and hit his chest lightly. "Fuck off you little shit. It's not my fault...you knew I get tired now. Same as with Jasey."

"Yeah, but I just didn't expect you to fall asleep on me halfway through," Alex said, just taking the piss.

I hid my face in his chest and mumbled a shut up.

He laughed at me and wrapped his arms tighter around my body. "Don't worry, you're still the best girl I've ever had in my bed. The best girl I've ever had in my life. I love you."

I smiled to myself and bit my lip from the happiness I felt every time he told me he loved me.

I'm sorry, but ALEX fucking GASKARTH loves me. ME! Can you believe it? I couldn't, I was over the fucking moon. A pig on a pogo stick couldn't catch me.

"I love you too. Night Alex."

"Night baby, sleep tight."

And I did, apart from waking up in the middle of the night, only to hear Alex mumble in his sleep, "I do, Erin Gaskarth."

That made me smile and I fell right back to sleep with thoughts and dreams of becoming the new Mrs. Gaskarth. Don't you just wish love and life could be that easy all the time?
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, props to my second commenter, heeytara :D I love getting comments...so lemme know what you think!!!! I need to know of something isn't right with my writing :')

Again a filler chapter written on my iPod...I promise it'll get better!!!

THANKS FOR READING/SUBSCRIBING! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!