Status: completed, check back for sequel

You Got Me Poppin Champagne

Chapter 13

ALEX'S POV

I watched as my fiancé bit her lip nervously, looking at her plate from the seat across from me. Jasey was sat in a high chair on my right, and I was unsuccessfully trying to feed her the baby food. She was a messy kid. Like father like daughter though eh? 

"Erin, do you want me to ask if they have any more bacon for you?" I finally asked her.

Erin looked up at me, worry framing her perfect features, and a slightly childish relief in her bright green eyes. "But what if they think I'm being greedy?"

I rolled my eyes at her. "They can see you're pregnant. I don't think they would really care. We can always pay extra."

"I don't know..."

I sighed and called the passing waitress over. Well...more like the daughter of the owner of the motel. "Hey, sorry, do you mind bringing over some more bacon for my fiancé? Her cravings are mental. I swear she never stops eating." I felt a light kick under the table and turned slightly to see Erin glare at me, but I just gave her a sweet smile.

"Sure, no problem. Give me five minutes," the lady said and disappeared to what I presumed to be the kitchen.

"Oh well thanks, now they'll think I'm turning into the pig rather than eating it," she complained.

"Nah, they'll just moan about you bring a needy, fussy, whining customer," I replied with a smile. Another glare.

"I really hate you sometimes."

I found one of her hands and held it in both of mine, kissing the ring finger and her engagement ring that I had placed there back in July. "No you don't, you love me too much, plus you always sing along to Poppin Champagne in the shower, you're just addicted to me," I told her with a crooked smile.

Her cheeks turned a glorious shade of pink. "And you're such a pervert. You know it's my favourite song...I pay your wages by buying the damn things, don't complain."

"Never said I was complaining. I wouldn't have you if it weren't for your creepy obsession..."

Erin glared at me again, but it was only a teasing glare, I knew because she had to bite her lip to hide the smile that was about to escape. "Do you want me to marry you Alex? Because right now I'm-OH! Bacon!"

No sooner had the waitress put the extra streaks of bacon on her plate than Erin had started wolfing it down. I thanked the bewildered woman and unsuccessfully hid my laughter.

"Don't you even dare take the piss right now, I'm feeding your babies, so shut the hell up," she told me without once tearing her attention away from the meat.

I sniggered and tried to feed Jasey a little more. "Wasn't gonna say anything. Now who do you have to thank for that food you wanted so desperately seen as you were too scared to ask?"

I almost felt her roll her eyes, but couldn't look because I was trying to clean Jasey where she had gotten food down her. "Alright, alright, thank you Alex. You're the best super hot, musical genius, awesome, loving fiancé in the whole wide world. Was that enough of an ego boost?"

"Eh, I think we can work a few more compliment in there, but for the time being, it's satisfactory," I told her, grinning sideways at her. She rolled her eyes, but there was no hiding the huge smile that spread to her eyes when ours locked.

When breakfast was over, we paid the bill and got straight back in the car, still in our pyjamas because, hey, it was cold! We didn't care, it wasn't like we were doing anything special. We were only spending another six hours in the car. Fuck, I never realised how far Illinois was from Maryland before. Maybe because I hadn't been driving in a car rather carefully due to a pregnant fiancé and small child before. 

"Hey, Alex, put some music on," Erin ordered from the backseat where she was sat to look after Jasey. 

"You want the radio or a cd?"

She seemed to debate it a little. "Could you just put my iPhone on?" Erin asked as she handed over the iPhone I'd bought her to replace the one Jasey managed to destroy by flushing it down the toilet. Erin had refused at first but I eventually wore her down, like most things when it came to money.

"Sure, want it on shuffle?"

"Yeah, it's already on the playlist."

I did as she ordered, and after Welcome To My Life by Simple Plan and UNI by Ed Sheeran played; a rather recognisable tune followed. I smiled into the rearview mirror to see a blushing Erin. Jasey Rae clapped her hands and squealed "Daddy!"

"What's the title of this playlist?" I asked a little smugly.

I felt Erin blush as she mumbled "The best songs."

"Right...And what percentage of songs on this is All Time Low?" 

She was silent for a moment. "About eighty five per cent."

"Uhuh, and how many songs are by All Time Low in the playlist?"

I could barely hear her reply, so I asked her to speak up a little, enjoying myself. "All of them...including the unreleased ones and acoustic versions and covers and everything..."

I nodded and smirked. "Good to know."

"Oh shut the hell up, I think your ego has been boosted enough for one day. Be quiet and replay the song. I need to hear it the whole way through. You just spoke all through it."

I laughed softly at her but nonetheless replayed it and we sang along to Poppin Champagne and pretty much every All Time Low song in existence for the rest of the journey. The only ones we didn't sing along to we're the songs to come which only the band and relative crew had heard.

ERIN'S POV

"Holy fucking shit, it looks more impressive in real life," Alex commented as we stepped out of the car and was faced with the mansion that would be home to our wedding party and actual wedding for the next ten days. And it really was something.

The brickwork was that elegant sort of grey, archaic architecture that looked homely and sweet when the plants and ivy crept its way up. The windows seemed delicate and precious, the thatch styled porch gave way to two large double doors after a set of steps. The surrounding trees seemed to be the perfect frame and the gardens surrounding the mansion were nothing less than simply beautiful. It was hard to put into words the beauty, sophistication, elegance and welcoming tone that poured from the very heart of this place. This is why I loved Cass, for knowing the guy who owned this.

"Wow...how much is this costing again?" I asked Alex in a little bit of a daze.

"Probably a lot less than it should do," he replied.

I shifted my weight as I held Jasey and made to help Alex with some of the bags.

"Hell no, you're pregnant. Just go get your sweet little butt inside and comfy and don't worry about a damn thing," he told me, refusing to let me take one small bag, as he gave me a rather affectionate, deep kiss that left my whole body tingling. 

I gave him a sweet smile and made my way towards the mansion and up the steps, pulling on the chain that I presumed to be the doorbell.

A few moment later and the door was opened by a guy who looked like he was in his thirties, a small beer belly, dressed like a member of the royal family. "Hello there, you must be the bride, come on in. Is your fiancé here or is he arriving later?"

"He's just getting the bags," I replied, and just as I said that, I felt Alex come up behind me. "Talk of the devil."

"Ah, so you must be the groom, Mr. Gaskarth. I'm Charlie, I'll help you get settled in and then you can join your wedding party in the main living area."

We followed Charlie as he gave us a tour with a commentary of the mansion and the various rooms, halls, guest rooms and everything, but not showing us the main hall that was currently being set up for our wedding day. We were under strict orders to avoid it at all cost as it was going to be a surprise. I was slightly nervous about that, but at the same time I trusted they knew what they were doing. I'm sure they were experts at this by now.

It wasn't too long before we were settled in a room with a crib all ready for Jasey and clothes packed away. Apparently we would be moved to the honeymoon suite for the wedding night. If it was anything like the room we were presently in, I knew I would love it.

Alex and I changed out of out pyjamas and into slightly underdressed clothing for a place of this caliber, sporting skinny jeans and glamour kills shirts with hoodies. I know, we match way too often. Damn his influence in my clothing style!

"Ready to face them?" Alex asked me once we had gotten Jasey changed too.

I swallowed a lump in my throat. By 'them' he meant her. He meant my mother. She was part of the wedding party. But Alex squeezed my hand and I looked up into those chocolate brown eyes and knew it was something I had to do. I knew it would be okay as long as he was there beside me. He would always keep me safe, no matter what. I had complete and utter faith in him. I had to do this.

I breathed in deeply and took a moment to brace myself. "Yeah, I'm ready, just make sure you're by my side the entire time."

Alex smiled sweetly and gave me one of those delicious kisses I had become addicted to. "I wouldn't dream of ever leaving it," he replied, and that made me feel better as his words warmed my heart and my very core.

I smiled back at him and we picked up Jasey, making our way out of the room and descending the stairs to reach the room that shielded me from my mother...but not for much longer.
♠ ♠ ♠
Again, a filler chapter written on my iPod...hope you guys liked it! Thanks to the two people who commented...you guys are awesome! I'll remember your names next time...promise! :'D

Please let me know what you think! THANKS FOR READING/SUBSCRIBING! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!