Status: completed, check back for sequel

You Got Me Poppin Champagne

Chapter 17

ERIN'S POV

I didn't tell anyone what my miter had said. I didn't want them taking her away from me too soon. So for the rest of that day, I just sat with her. Eventually I'd had to go back. I asked my mother to come back with me, but she refused, insisting she would stay at her hotel. But she assured me she would be there at the wedding. I asked her to give me away, but again, she refused. She said it wasn't her job, and she didn't have the right. I couldn't persuade her otherwise. There was so much I wanted to tell her, to talk about with her, but I wouldn't be able to. I didn't want to cause he distress, as silly as that sounded after what she had done to me.

So instead when I got back to the room, I lay down on the side Alex had been sleeping on only last night, and cried.

Maybe they were passing the room and heard, maybe they were coming to sneak me out for further celebrating, maybe they were just checking up on me, or maybe thy somehow knew I needed someone, but after ten minutes of me balling my eyes out, my door opened and someone lay next to me on the bed, cuddling me close as I soaked their pyjama shirt. 

"Do you want me to get Alex for you? Or one of the girls?" Jack asked softly as I cried.

I shook my head. "No, no I don't want them to see me like this, they can't see me like this," I sobbed.

"Fortunately for you, it's too late." I looked up to see Allie stood in the doorway holding Shane. "Jack, take Shane, my girl needs me."

Jack obliged, and I saw the look of adoration as he took his child into his arms, and the sneaky smile and touch of cheek  he gave that must have made Allie's heart flutter. I smiled a little to myself, wondering if that was what Alex and I looked like together with Jasey Rae. 

Once hack had left the room and closed the door behind him, Allie turned her attention to me. "Right, Cass and Sam are off having fun with their guys, Jack and I were going to ask if you wanted to break wedding tradition and come out with us all and see Alex, but right now I don't think that's the best idea. So how about you tell me what's wrong, and then we can get some sleep and make you pretty in the morning," Allie said as she took the place Jack had occupied before. I didn't have the words, so I just continued to cry.

The soothing circles she rubbed on my back helped me gather my thoughts and figure out the words to best say everything I needed to. 

ALEX'S POV

"Fuck, what time in the morning do you call this, asshole?" I groaned as Zack refused to give me back the quilt that had kept my body warm through the night instead of Erin. 

Zack rolled his eyes and Rian passed him with a toothbrush in his mouth, trying to pull and zip his pants up at the same time. "Dude, you have about an hour before we gotta be at the church. It's a fifteen minute drive from here. So that leaves you with forty five minutes to shower, shave, groom your hair, eat, brush your teeth and get changed. You need to be up. Now." 

I stared at him for a few minutes, blinked a little, then yelled "shit!" I pushed past Rian to get to the bathroom before him, despite his protests, grabbed my tux off the hanger and stole Jeff's toast from his bewildered hand. And I did it all smiling, because I was marrying the woman of my dreams, the mother of my children, the woman I loved, who had loved me long before I knew her. I bet she was the only one who thought it was a dream come true, but I had been waiting for someone like her to come into my life for so long. I guess I never realised how much I needed her until I'd faced even the possibility of losing her. 

I was ready and looking like my handsome self in thirty minutes, which surprised the guys, but they weren't complaining, apart from Jeff who had had to get some more toast. But we were still waiting on Jack.

"Where the fuck is he?" I muttered mostly to myself as I tried not to pull my hair out through the nerves of getting married. I just wanted everything to go perfect for Erin, and it wouldn't go perfect if I didn't have my best man with me.

Evan patted my shoulder and Flyzick tool the liberty of calling Jack. 

When the call had finished, Matt turned to me, trying to mask some worry he had on his face. Worry...why was he worried? "Matt, what's going on? Don't tell me he got drunk and ended up in some duck pond but doesn't know where and we have to go find him...please tell me he's on his way!"

Matt nodded with a smile. "He's on his way, don't worry about that...but...look man, don't freak or get too upset or worried okay? But Erin was crying last night...Allie had to stay with her the whole night."

My eyes popped and my heart froze. "What? Why was she crying? Is she okay? Does she not want to get married anymore? What the fuck is going on?"

"I don't know, he didn't say what was wrong because he doesn't know, but she does still want to marry you and she will be at the altar. Maybe it was something to do with her mom."

"I'm gonna call her," I stated, but Matt took my phone out of my reach and shook his head.

"No, he said she doesn't want you to, because of tradition or something, but still. She told him to tell you that she's fine now and she'll talk with you properly after the wedding. And she loves you."

I bit my lip and nodded, breathing heavily. I hoped to god she was okay, so I sent her a quick text telling her I loved her, and couldn't wait for her to be called Mrs Gaskarth. 

It was only twenty minutes later that we were stood in the main hall all decorated up for the wedding, and I knew Erin would fall in love with it. I smiled as I surveyed the gigantic room.

Ivory drapes hung from the walls in bunches, and framed the rows of seating for the guests, amongst pale yellow roses and random green and brown sprigs. The lighting was incredible, thanks to the floor to ceiling windows at the front of the hall type thing, where the altar was. Erin and I would be married under an arch of matching yellow roses and ivory coloured satin ribbon winding its way around the arch. Petals lined the aisle, so I really had no idea why we had a flower girl really...but Erin had insisted because she wanted to bring the rest of my family over here and make them feel like they were important too, not just my parents.

It wasn't long before the guests started piling in, and coming to congratulate me or wish me luck. We even had a couple of fans try to gatecrash, but a few photographs, signatures and a kind word soon sorted that out. Not that I don't love my fans, but this was my wedding day. I was as nervous as hell and if one of them got in and said the wrong thing, it could ruin the whole thing for Erin and I.

Finally Jack came in at a brisk pace up the aisle towards me and I breathe a sigh of relief, which was soon gone when I saw the distress on his face. "What is it? What's wrong? Is Erin okay?" I asked in a rush, eyes wide.

I saw the thoughts go through Jack's head of how exactly to word it, and instead he decided on being blunt. He placed a hand on my shoulder and shook his head, but before I could think the worst, he spoke. "Erin's real upset man, I think you need to talk to her. She keeps telling us not to call you but honestly I think she needs you. I don't know if it's wedding jitters or what, but we can't calm her down, and her mom's not speaking either, just go talk to her. But don't look at her, she doesn't want the tradition ruined."

I didn't need to be asked twice. I practically ran down the aisle to one of the living areas which had been dubbed as a room to prepare the bridal party. My parents, Cass, Sam and Allie were outside the door, along with Erin's mother. Just as I put my hand on the door handle to enter the room, Erin's mother stopped me. I looked down at her and her dull green eyes looked up at me in desperation. 

"Please, make sure she's happy. This day has to be perfect, don't let her cry anymore. Please. Tell her it's okay." I narrowed my eyes in confusion, but proceeded to open the door. "Oh, and Alex, I'm so sorry." I gave her another strange look and opened the door, destroying any barrier between me and my fiancé who was breaking her heart, I just didn't know it yet.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a filler...but I hope you like it nonetheless! Thanks for the comments guys!!!! Keep em coming!

THANK YOU FOR READING/COMMENTING/SUBSCRIBING! I LOVE YOU ALL!!