Status: completed, check back for sequel

You Got Me Poppin Champagne

Chapter 6

ERIN'S POV

I bit my lip nervously as Cassadee held my hand in the clinic. Isobel and Peter were looking after Jasey at their house again. I felt so bad dropping her on them all the time, but they insisted it was fine and they wanted to spend time with Jasey.

Cassadee squeezed my hand. "Hey, it'll be fine, just hang on in there. Don't psyche yourself out."

I nodded slightly, unable to look at her. However, when I heard my name being called by the receptionist, my head snapped up and I shot a panicked look at the only person I had trusted my secret with. She shot me a reassured but sympathetic look. I took in a deep breath, put on a brave face to show the receptionist a polite smile.

I stood, holding onto the bump that was the only proof of my coming family. I wanted to hold onto it forever. Cass rubbed my back as we walked toward the room. Inside it felt cold, tense, a place of gloom, contrasting to the past times I'd been here when everything was okay. Today was the day, the result. I was scared to find out, but I knew I had to. I'd been thinking negatively to stop myself from getting my hopes up.

The doctor smiled at me as I lay down on the chair...or bed...whatever you want to call it.

"So you need those results from the last visit right?" he asked, just to confirm it.

"Uh, yeah, I...uhm...yes, yes I need those results..." I wasn't really saying that to answer the doctor, I was saying it to wrap my own head around it and let it sink in. I was so fucking nervous. I hate it, I needed Alex here, but Alex was still playing shows for another couple of days.

The doctor took out a file and looked at it for a few minutes, his brow furrowing. "Okay...let's just take a look at that stomach."

I nodded, shaking from nerves, too jittery.

I felt the familiar cool gel on my stomach, and when the sound of a heartbeat filled the room, I let myself smile for the first time in so long. I looked to my side at Cass who let out a huge sigh of relief and smiled back at me, but when I looked at the doctor...well he wasn't smiling.

"Uhm...what is it? Everything's fine right?" Cassadee asked for me when she realised the blood in my face had left it pale.

"You're expecting twins...but I can't see...oh, hang on, there's the other kiddo, everything appears to be fine." When I risked another look up at the doctor, he was smiling.

My heart fluttered. "Really? It's all okay? I don't have anything to worry about? Everything's really okay? It's fine?"

The doctor smiled brightly and nodded. "Yeah, I guess you were worrying this whole time right?"

"You have no idea. I got so scared...and Alex is still away so I didn't have him either. But that doesn't matter now, right? Everything's gonna be fine?"

"As far as I can see. You're two babies are quite healthy. A normal pregnancy I'd say. Just remember to take it easy, we don't want any problems cropping up because you got stressed."

I nodded. "Could you...uhm, well when we come again and I have Alex with me...could you not mention anything about this to him or anything...I don't want him worrying, god knows how over protective he got when I was expecting Jasey...I think it'd just make it easier. I wouldn't have to worry about Alex stressing out, if that makes sense."

The doctor smiled. "Of course, you're the mother, all patient confidentiality goes with you."

"Thank you. So are we good to go?" I asked, wanting to get out of this place as soon as possible so I could get home to Jasey and call Alex and actually be happy for once.

In under an hour I was back home, dogs jumping around ecstatically and washing Jasey in the bath. "No, stop that! Sweetie, you're getting water everywhere!" Jasey just carried on laughing and squealing, throwing the soapy water and foam everywhere. Of course, Sebastian and Peyton loved it. Me? Not so much.

"Jasey!" I scolded, but couldn't help joining in with the laughter. Five minutes later I heard the phone ring, so I lifted Jasey out of the bath, wrapped her in a towel and carried her into mine and Alex's room. "I'm coming, I'm coming," I murmered as I dropped Jasey on our bed and picked up the phone next to the baby monitor on top of the drawers.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey beautiful! Only a couple more days to go!" I smiled upon hearing Alex's voice. I was happy.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is a filler chapter, and it's short because I need to leave for college like now, so yeah...happy reading! PLEASE COMMENT GUYS!

THANKS FOR READING/SUBSCRIBING! I LOVE YOU ALL!