It's Ours Tonight.

a passion crime to take what's mine.

Troubled childhoods are always sad and I never like thinking or talking about it. But, it always comes up. Your past will always come up every now and then. People will ask, you'll dream it and sometimes you'll find yourself swallowed back into that vortex.

I never met my mum. She seemed like a ghost when I was growing up, like I never even had a mother. And my father, he wasn't much. Typical abuse, thumps here and there.

But if it weren't for my past, I would never have met Lidia.

She wore denim shorts that showed off her gorgeous slim, tanned legs. She wore a white cropped top that was long at the back and short at the front (showing midriff) and a leather jacket. Adorned on her right was the pure gold bracelet that I bought her for her birthday in May.

Her long brunette strands were dancing in the rough wind from the car as I drive through the outback. She looked at me with a grin across her lips. I give her a wink and she laughs beautiful music to my ears.

Running away like this is the best decision I've ever made, we've ever made.

Lidia's parents never liked me much and I never did know why. Maybe they judged me like everyone else did. I never did anything wrong. I took Lidia out, brought her home by eleven o'clock and never once treated her bad.

So what if I have shoulder-length black hair and tattoos covering both my arms. I'm a nice guy and I know how to treat a girl right. Lidia's perfect and I would never intentionally hurt her.

Her Dad loathed me and had forbid Lidia from seeing me. What a dick.

Hence, why we are running away because no one could ever stop me from seeing her. With a feeling like this about a girl like her, I would never give it up.

"Babe, watch the road," a sweet giggle filled my ears.

I turn to glance at her with a sheepish smile, "I love you."

"I love you, too."

Soon, it was night time. I've been driving for seven hours and was tired. Lidia had fallen asleep, her head against the window.

I find the closest motel and pull in the driveway; I quickly hop out and pay for a room for two. The guy who serves me is old and his hair is graying. He looked tired and helpless, but seemed fairly friendly.

I hopped back inside my truck and closed the door. I turned to face Lidia and she slowly wakes up. Her onyx eyes stare up at me and I smile, she’s so beautiful.

"Staying the night here, 'kay?" I ask.

She nods and snuggles tighter into the warmth of her leather jacket.

I pull into the parking bay where the room number is close to and hop out. She hops out and stands in front of the truck.

"What is it?" I ask, standing beside her.

"This is it, isn't it?" She says, biting into her bottom lip.

"We won't be running all our life, babe. This is just the start of it, you wait," I smile and grab her hands into mine.

“Are you sure?” She whispers, running her tongue across her lips.

“I am positive.” I say

"Okay, I love you so much."

"I love you more," I say and place a kiss on top of her forehead.

We stand side by side holding each other’s hands, readying ourselves for the world’s judgment and our future.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback's nice.
Hope you liked it. :)