A Time to Love

Johnny's Bar

“Two Bud’s and half a dozen shots of Jack please darling,” A man in his mid thirties and a receding hair line said. “And whilst you’re at it, maybe your number?” The man laughed, his friends chuckling along in the background.

“I’m afraid that’s not on the menu sir, but I would be happy to get you those drinks,” I smiled, though inside I was cringing and wanting to punch this man square in the face. The guys all taunted their friend for getting turned down and after I handed over their drinks, I was thankful that they disappeared. The bar had gone dead now and so I sat back and took a break, breathing in heavily and sighing out. Who was I kidding; I really hated my job and all the dicks who hit on me. It also didn’t help that I had to sit back and watch all my friends in the corner having a drink and laughing and generally having fun. Brian caught my gaze and sent me a troubled frown. He hated seeing me behind here and would do anything to get me to quit, but I’m stubborn and won’t quit unless another job presents itself.

“Why don’t you get off early tonight and join your friends; we’re not busy and I can see you would rather be over there with them,” My manager said. I did want too be over with the group, but I also knew that the extra hour here meant more money. “Actually, you don’t have a choice. You’ve worked non-stop, Jaime and you need a break. So go and don’t worry, you’ll still be paid for the whole shift!”

“You’re too good to me,” I blushed, hugging the rounded man who I couldn’t fault as a boss. He made this place bearable, along with some of the other staff. I removed the apron that hung on my hips and placed it under the bar. I grabbed a round of shots, placing the money in the till, and then making my way towards the table that all the guys were at.

“JAIME!” Jimmy screeched, running to grab me just as Zacky managed to save the drinks in time. “Did you finally quit?” He asked eagerly.

I laughed but shook my head, “No I didn’t quit, my boss just let me off earlier tonight,” I replied, slipping in beside Brian. He smiled down and placed a kiss on my temple.

“Oh boo,” Jimmy whined, slouching into his seat, “Why can’t you? If you want a job, I can hire you as my personal slave. Though it can only be casual since I already have my sex slave here.” Jimmy patted Leana’s head, who scrunched her nose in protest.

“Thanks for the proposal Jim, but I won’t be quitting anytime soon.” I replied, grabbing my shot and downing it within seconds. I smiled as the warm liquid oozed itself down my throat and into my stomach. Brian laughed and handed his shot over, which I happily shot back. “Thanks!” I smiled and thanked Brian.

“But you might be quitting soon, though,” Brian smiled, and I chuckled knowingly. I had received a phone call from the studio Brian and the guys recorded at and they asked me in for an interview. I hadn’t told people yet, but Brian seemed to have other ideas. “She’s got an interview down the studio. And I just know she will get it if they see the Jaime I do.” There was a string of ‘Awe’s’ as Brian connected his lips with mine for simple but fantastic kiss.

The night carried on until later, before Brian and I decided to call it a night. We hailed a taxi with Matt and Alisha, who were dropped off first. I said goodbye to both, before the taxi driver drove towards our house. I leant my head against Brian’s shoulder and sighed out. I really did hope the interview tomorrow goes well. The bar job was okay, but I was slowly growing insane in there. I needed to find a stable job, and I would work damn hard till I got there.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it isn't the longest, but I have been extremely busy lately.
This story is slowly getting into the groove again and I can't wait for all the drama to start happening :D