A Time to Love

Job Offer

“So you quit?” Ali asked, grabbing a knife from the block as she began cutting up some tomato. I grabbed a clean knife and helped, starting on the lettuce and other salad ingredients.

“It was a long time coming, but my father pulled the disappointed card at dinner and so I guess I had no other choice,” I replied, “Though I can see it has been holding me back, so hopefully it’s for the best!”

“We all can see how much happier you are now you don’t have to work there, just enjoy this time and I know you don’t like the idea of living off Brian’s money, but one day you will have to accept it,” Ali said, “It doesn’t make you a gold digger if you use your boyfriends money for groceries or any other essentials, because who says the women have to pay for that stuff anyway?” Alisha was making fair points, and it wasn’t like I was with Brian for his money. I understood that sometimes he wanted to treat me, though he needed to know that I did want my own money just in case. I’ve always learnt to be prepared and although Brian and I are amazingly happy, you never know how long that will last. My father will always be there, but if something happened and Bri and I split, I wouldn’t allow myself to be left alone and moneyless.

“What are my two favourite girlies talking about?” Jimmy asked, walking into the kitchen and greeting both girls.

“Just how I am now a bum and have no job!” I replied with a sigh, not liking the sound of that.

“Actually you’re not jobless because I am hiring you,” Jimmy said with that big shit-eating grin on his face.

“What are you chatting about Jimbo?” I asked, rolling my eyes at his sometimes funny but pointless outbursts.

“That song you wrote with me was a hit with the record label and our manager that they want more. So you girly, will be joining me at writing Avenged Sevenfold’s biggest hits!” My mouth fell open as I stared in utter disbelief.

“I don’t get how that can be a job if I’m not being paid?” I asked, seeing this as more of a time killer than a job.

“Of course you’ll be getting paid,” Jimmy laughed, throwing an arm around my shoulder, “I told the record label that the songs were all your amazing brain work and so they insisted I get you back in to help; and yes, you get paid, including profit when each album hits the high streets. Every time a copy sells, you little missy get a small but reasonable profit!”

“Fuck Jimmy, this is amazing,” I gushed, hugging his skinny frame, “I don’t know how I am supposed to repay you for this!?”

“Just write some kickass songs and that will be praise enough!” Jimmy placed a kiss to the top of my head. As Jimmy left the room, I looked at Alisha and she shot me a smirk, telling me that she knew all along, which probably meant all the guys did too. “If you weren’t my best friend, I might have just killed you for keeping this from me!”

“Oh shh you just enjoy this moment in time,” Alisha gave me a sideways hug, “You are doing what you love with the guys you love. It’s a great opportunity!” I nodded my head agreeing completely with her.

“It’s an amazing opportunity!” I said quietly, mixing the salad together and taking it out into the garden with some bowls of different flavour dips. I smiled at Matt who waved at me from the BBQ with the spatula in his hand. I smiled at him before placing all the bowls onto the table that had been set up for food and refreshments. Today, Matt and Alisha were holding there famous BBQ, something that the guys liked to do at least twice a month. Some hands suddenly vined their way around my waist and I was instantly brought against a hard chest. His familiar smell invaded my senses as I sunk closer to him.

“Jimmy told me he spilled the beans about the job offer,” Brian whispered in my ear. There had been times when Brian just made me speechless, either from a single touch or the way his breath hit my neck in a spine tingling manner. So all I could do was nod. “It will be nice having you in the studio with me, though going all day seeing you and not getting my hands on you will be a challenge,” I in took some air, feeling him smirk at my reaction. “though I think we could get some use out of the vacant studios!” I finally turned around and tutted at him. He was such a typical guy with his sky high sex drive.

“You would be so lucky,” I smirked, running my hands up so they were placed on his shoulder, helping me give leverage so I could place a kiss upon his lips. Brian responded a little too enthusiastically than I had anticipated, so I pulled back and laughed.

He looked at me with a pout, causing another ripple of laughter, “You, my lovely boyfriend, have far too much testosterone pumping through that heavenly body of yours. But if you can try and summon an ounce of patience, then all you have to do is wait till we get home!” I pecked his lips before sauntering back off to the kitchen. I smiled to myself when I heard Brian groan out, obviously finding it hard to find some patience’s. He will sure be a force to be reckoned with tonight.

***


As the night got into full swing, more and more people began to arrive. Matt stayed on the grill until he had plenty of meat cooked up. Alisha had finished cooking up the chicken in the kitchen, after last year they learnt that chicken should never be cooked just upon the grill, especially after Johnny got food poisoning.

I chatted with some of the girls for a while, noting how they all were very enthusiastic at the idea of me not working at the bar any more. They also were informed of my new job, even if it was temporary, but to have some famous band sing your songs was a great stepping stool, and Leana especially liked pointing out that one day all the stars will be singing my songs.

“Imagine Lady GaGa up on stage, wearing her famous meat dress and belting out a Jaime Carson song,” Leana gushed, “That would be amazing! Especially since you get paid doing something you’re amazing at. Jimmy showed me the song you and he wrote and oh my god, I tried singing it myself…” Sometimes it was hard to keep up with Leana when she talked, but never did she fail to put a smile on my face.

“So the guys have their concert tomorrow and Zacky said they will be announcing something pretty big, though he won’t tell me and I’m pretty sure the guys are keeping it from their ladies too,” Gena said, pouting her red lips in an adoring manner.

“Brian did mention something about an announcement but it was in passing conversation, so I didn’t really ask many questions!” I replied, remembering Brian having said something, though he said I would need to wait until the concert Saturday.

“As long as it isn’t them breaking up after artistic differences,” Leana laughed, us all joining in at the thought of one of them going diva. Those guys were solid, so a breakup was something we never had to fear.