Status: 10/15/12 - I haven't given up on this yet, I hope you don't either xx

Moments

Two.

“Get up, G! I’m having a crisis!” Giana woke to the sound of Lilah’s shrill voice. Her clock read 8:15 AM. That was much too early to be awake during summer vacation.

“How did you even get in here?” she mumbled into her pillow, wanting to get at least thirty more minutes of sleep. But her best friend began shaking the hell out of her. Whichever one of her parents left the coffee for her to find was going to die.

“Does that matter?! Now GET UP!” she swatted her away.

“What could possibly be so urgent you felt the need to wake me up before 9 in the morning?”

“I cannot find those wedges I bought for my cousin Sarah’s wedding. And if I don’t find them, I don’t have shoes for my outfit. And if I don’t have a complete outfit, how am I going to show up at the concert?” Giana was at this point completely awake. This had to be a joke.

“Lilah, are you serious right now? Please, please tell me you’re kidding….”

“Of course I’m not kidding! This is serious business!” Without a word, Giana rose from her comfortable bed and walked over to her closet. It took a minute or two to fish through the mess that was currently there, but sure enough she found what she was looking for. The exact wedges Lilah was going crazy over were thrown her way and Giana trudged back to sit on her bed.

“You let me wear them a week after the wedding and told me to just hold them for you. Girl, take a breather. Besides, I don’t know why you want to wear wedges. We’re going to be walking and jumping around. Your feet will be dead afterwards, guarantee.”

“What would I do without you?” Lilah smiled, lying back onto the bed next to Giana.

“I ask myself that everyday,” she smirked.

“Oh shut up. Now, what’s the plan for today?” Giana groaned. Her only plans today consisted of lounging around doing absolutely nothing. But she should know better now that Lilah was here. She already expected to be out and about until dinner, if they were on time.

“When you figure it out, wake me up.” And she attempted to retreat under her pillow. Instead she received a light smack on the arm.

“I don’t think so! Come on, I smell blueberry pancakes,” Lilah sang as she dragged Giana to the kitchen. Sure enough, her dad was hard at work making his famous pancakes while her mom was sitting at the table, drinking coffee and reading the latest gossip magazine. “Good morning lovelies!”

“Finally got Sleeping Beauty to awake?” her dad teased. Giana stuck her tongue out at him and wrapped her arms around his waist.

“Who let her into the coffee?”

“Guilty as charged,” her mom stated from her spot at the table. Giana claimed a seat at the island and checked her phone. Lilah took a seat beside her.

“Have I mentioned how much I adore your family?” she smiled as Giana’s dad placed two plates of pancakes in front of them. “Mr. Watson, you’ve outdone yourself once again!”

“Thanks Lil, I try. Would you like juice or chocolate milk?”

“Your finest cup of OJ, good sir!” Giana laughed with a roll of her eyes, and requested chocolate milk. They were served and ate in a peaceful silence.

After breakfast Giana got ready for the day and was dragged to the mall so Lilah could buy a new pair of shoes since her wedges weren’t going to cut it anymore. They got there fairly early and went straight to a cute boutique that sold TOMS. Lilah got a blue and white pair and they were off to do a little window shopping.

“Do you think they have any One Direction merch anywhere?” she asked as they walked into Hot Topic.

“If they do, I highly doubt it would be found in here.” Giana laughed as she migrated to the classic rock band section of t-shirts. She saw a new Ramones and Guns ‘N Roses shirt and debated on which one she wanted more. Mentally counting the amounts of shirts of each band she had, she opted for the Ramones v-neck and grabbed her size. She walked around the store, not really wanting to spend anymore money on things she didn’t need and found Lilah in front of the jewelry, typing away on her phone. “Find anything cute?”

“Just these,” she lifted up a pack of small earrings assorted in different colors. “Ty texted me and asked us to meet him out in the plaza.” Ty was Lilah’s boyfriend since two years ago. Giana inwardly rolled her eyes, not surprised he was interrupting yet another perfect girl’s day.

It’s not that Giana absolutely hated him from the start. They all used to be pretty close, especially when his friend Oliver was with Giana. It couldn’t have been anymore perfect; two pair of best friends dating each other. But Giana had found out that Oliver was unfaithful, and Ty was helping him keep it a secret. Needless to say, that ended that friendship. Lilah never knew any of this, and Giana chose to keep it that way.

And it’s not that Ty was unfaithful to Lilah. He was just a natural born douche bag to everyone around him, except for when he was in front of his girlfriend. It sickened Giana to know how ignorant her best friend was to it, but could not find it in herself to tell Lilah because it would absolutely crush her. They made their way outside and found him sitting at a table. He looked up and didn’t even give his normal smirk he always gives. His expression stayed blank, and he looked back down at his phone. Lilah walked up to him and placed a kiss on his cheek. He didn’t even move.

“Hey babe,” Lilah said happily. Giana’s stomach turned at how in love she was.

“We need to talk.” Were the only words that left Ty’s mouth. It was right then that Giana immediately knew what was going to happen. Nothing good ever came after that sickening sentence was said. She looked over to her best friend whose face went slightly pale. This was not something she wanted to be a part of, so she slowly rose from her seat to leave, but Ty stopped her.

“No, stay Giana. This won’t take long,” he replied smoothly, as if nothing was wrong. It took everything in her to not slap him right then and there.

“What do we need to talk about?” Lilah choked out, pain clearly in her voice.

“This isn’t working out anymore, Lilah.” He said, not even bothering to look up from his phone. Giana bit her tongue.

“What- what do you mean?”

“Oh, spare me the crap please. You and I aren’t working out. Things aren’t what they used to be. Don’t tell me you haven’t been feeling the same way.”

Lilah’s wide eyes began watering. Giana couldn’t believe that asshole was really doing this right now, days before her birthday. She was absolutely amazed she hadn’t done anything like throw his stupid phone across the plaza. But she didn’t want to make a scene and make things harder on Lilah. This was bad enough.

“You can’t be serious, Ty. What did I do wrong? I thought, I thought you were happy?”

“Obviously not. Look, I’m sorry babe, but I just need something new, you know?” A good ten minutes passed before anything was said.

“Fuck you.” Giana’s eyes nearly popped out of their sockets. Her head whipped to see Lilah’s expression completely changed from before. The tears were still there, but she did not look as distressed as she did not too long ago. “You son of a bitch. I gave you two years, two fucking years of my life, and you say you want something new?”

“Hey, can you blame me? Whenever we hang out, she’s always the third wheel,” he gestured to Giana.

“Don’t you dare bring me into this, you prick.” Giana spat. He chuckled at her response and went back to his phone.

“She’s right. And can you fucking look at me for longer than two minutes? I mean, if I’m right you’re the one trying to break up with me.”

“Well this is all turning out much easier than I thought. Shall we talk about what else is troubling this relationship, or can I get going? I have plans and quite frankly this is becoming tiresome-“

“Oh shut the fuck up, you’ve only been here for no longer than thirty minutes. And I’ll save you the trouble. Let’s go, G.” Lilah rose from her seat and grabbed her things. Giana joined her and they started walking away. But Lilah stopped and went back to where Ty was sitting. He looked up at her, and didn’t even have time to prepare before she spilled the water he had onto his phone. Giana slapped a hand over her mouth and held back a snort. “Have a nice life, asshole.”

Ty’s face was too priceless as he sat there, trying desperately to get his phone to turn on. Lilah smirked triumphantly and trotted back to where she left Giana. She waited until they were in the safety of Lilah’s care to speak.

“Excuse me, but when were you going to tell me you were a total bad-ass?” she asked. Lilah laughed out and began the drive back to Giana’s house.

“I honestly don’t know where that came from.”

“But, are you okay? I mean, not to be completely insensitive, but Ty just broke up with you after two years. How is it you’re not crying a river right now?”

“Well, I’m obviously a little hurt. But seriously he’s been acting so differently lately, I was kind of expecting this. It’s gonna suck, but I’ll live. Besides, I’m going to be seeing my soul mate Niall soon. It’s all good,” she smiled.

“Have I told you how much I fucking love you?”

“The feeling’s mutual, babe.” Giana smiled at her best friend’s strength and knew this was only going to make the concert that much more fun.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahh this did not turn out how I thought it would!
Sorry, I just didn't want to spend so much time on Ty because I don't like him already.
Haha, well hope you liked this even though I pulled it out of nowhere.
Next chapter's much more thought out and should be better than this :)

Thanks to all you lovely people who subscribed!
And special thanks to Peroxide Princess. & AllstarWeekendfanfic for commenting!
Don't be silent readers, babes. I want to know what y'all think!
Xx