Sequel: Seven Days

Just You

Six

“You ready?” Jensen popped his head into the room and spoke as I put my sandals on. I stood and adjusted my tank top over the pair of dark washed jeans on my hips.

“Yeah.” He smiled and led the way down the stairs where Danneel waited for us.

“Are you sure you want to do this?” She asked me.

“It’s better than sitting here, wallowing in my misery.” I said, shrugging. “I can get drunk and wallow in my misery there.”

“What a ray of sunshine!” Jensen proclaimed and I shoved him.

“In all honesty, I want to see Mickey and Jared.” I smiled and Danneel returned it.

“Good enough for me. Let’s go.” Danneel and I walked out to the car as Jensen locked the house up. We got in and waited as Jensen slid into the driver’s seat and started the car.

“So are you the DD?” I asked.

“DD?” He asked.

“Designated driver.”

Oh, no, buddy. You and I are going toe-to-toe tonight. Just like old times.” He chuckled and I shook my head.

“I don’t think so. I’m not feeling the headache that goes with it.” He looked at me in the rearview mirror, green orbs searching my face.

“We’re doing it. You need to have some fun.”

“Babe, if she doesn’t want to do it, she doesn’t have to.” Danneel said softly, putting a hand on Jensen’s thigh. My eyes were drawn to her hand, and jealousy welled up like a big green monster, overwhelming my sensibilities.

“I’ll do it.” I spat. I shook my head slightly to calm my thoughts. “Yeah, sounds like fun.”

“Great.”

Image

I saw Mikayla and Jared huddling outside of a bar, looking blissfully ignorant to everything around them. They were so in love it was sickening, but hey, to each their own. I was envious of them for having that love, but wished them the best. Honest.

As they spotted us, Mikayla squealed and ran to me. I opened my arms and she jumped on me in a bear hug that almost knocked me over. Jensen steadied us, laughing, as she squeezed the life out of me.

“Are you ready for this?” She cried.

“Ready to get drunk? Hell yes.” I pulled away and threw my arms in the air.

“No, silly. We’re getting you laid tonight.” The smile slid off my face faster than anyone could imagine.

“No, no, no. I don’t think so.”

“Why not?” She pouted.

“You know what kind of stuff these fuckers have? Ghona-herpa-syphalitis and shit.”

“Ghona-herpa-syphalitis?” Jared piped up.

“You’re damn right.” I smiled and hugged him quickly. “Hey Jar.”

“Hey, how are you?”

“Better, now.”

“Good.” He smiled down at me. “Now ladies and Jensen, how about we start this evening and drink until we piss ourselves?”

“Sounds good to me.”