All of Life's Messes

Chapter 1

I smacked the snooze button with the palm of my hand as my alarm clock screamed that it was time to get up. Groggily and slowly I opened my eyes and looked at the clock. Green lights told me that it was 6 A.M. Exhausted I rubbed at my left eye with the heel of my hand. The same purple shirt from yesterday was twisted around my torso and my jeans were still on. I groaned and sat up and looked around my dark room. I really needed to get up, but my bed just felt so comfortable. Ignoring the urge to lie back down I swung my legs over the side of my bed and stood. I stretched my arms out above my head and yawned rather loudly. My orange curtains were crooked and let slivers of light peek through their thin covering. I walked across the cold carpet and moved the curtains aside. My blinds were folded down a bit and I could suddenly feel the warmth on my legs and toes from the early morning sun. I ran a hand through my tangled hair and walked over to my mirror to see just how terrible and beastly I looked. My eyeliner had run down my bottom lid and my eye shadow was smeared. My hair was a unruly beast that sat upon my head and I frowned at my image. I wiped at the makeup under my eyes then grabbed a brush off my desk right beside my mirror then started to drag it down my head. My hair was wavy from sleeping on it instead of straight. I sat the brush back down and then peeled out of my clothes. I needed a shower and to start laundry. Those two don't go well together. There was a soft knock on my door. "You awake yet?" It was my dad. "Yeah!" I hollered to him. "Just making sure!" I heard him walk back down the hall and I slipped away into my bathroom.